Home

NCAA Football 13 Tuner Update Released, Coach Trust Points and LB Reaction Adjusted

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Tuner Update Released, Coach Trust Points and LB Reaction Adjusted within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
I just realize if u adjust the sliders tha game will play better.. cuz screen passes do work if u adjust the sliders.. and options really havent been no problem really. ill admit i seen the linebackers and cb stay still doing options but that was a couple time.. They rarely do it (pretunner) I havent downloaded the tunner yet... but I think if you take time and adjust the SLIDERS those problem will be fix. The only problem Im having is CHOPPY REPLAY please fix this ea cuz everytime a good run or catch happen the animation mess up. Is anyone else have this problem??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #42
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Football 13 Tuner Update Released, Coach Trust Points and LB Reaction Adjust

Even if a developer came on here and said that it hasn't been touched, you will never convince me that recruiting hasn't been tuned. I've done several seasons of recruiting, and for the first time after this latest tuner, the CPU is way more aggressive in offering scholies to players. Never before in the second week of the season did any player on my board have 8, or 4 or even 3 offers that quickly. Even the players who I've scouted out to be a "Bust" still have multiple offers now. This ain't no placebo.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA Football 13 Tuner Update Released, Coach Trust Points and LB Reaction Adjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
The ONLY things that were adjusted were LB not reacting correctly to the option and coach trust in rtg. That is it, not blocking or QB running the ball. Those 2 items and those only.
This is a game built on Animations triggering at certain "defined" moments, so if any type of tweak is done to the code, it has to impact animations on both sides (ie canned animations).

So in tweaking LB's reacting to the Option, they must be coded to enter/exit some form of Blocking Animation to give the perception that Option Movements are playing out correctly/fluid.

This game is still centered around "Canned Animations", so as one poster noted, when a tweak is done in one area, it affects the other end of the spectrum also.

Reaction to the Run was not the issue because increasing the Run Defense Slider took care of the D's reaction to the run.

The issue was Def-Players not performing assignments (which means entering/exiting some type of "Blocking Animation" because the game is still built on Canned Animations) as needed for the game to give the perception the Option Gameplay is playing out correctly.

Call it an in-direct Tuner affect.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
Then EA has no clue what they're doing. If LB's are reacting differently to the option than blocking ABSOLUTELY MUST be different. The line better be blocking differently depending on where LB's are, or where D-Linemen are or where safeties are. If they're not blocking differently, something is broken. If the QB isn't affected in decision making or where he goes with the ball, something else is broken. There is no such thing as affecting only one thing in gameplay. Tweaking anything SHOULD change something else too...and based on my 5 games since, there are several things different.
How does blocking affect a linebacker that is unblocked pursuing a play? There are not several things different its in your head. You guys kill me with your assumptions. Placebo effect running rampant.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by CRMosier_LM; 08-02-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
This is a game built on Animations triggering at certain "defined" moments, so if any type of tweak is done to the code, it has to impact animations on both sides (ie canned animations).

So in tweaking LB's reacting to the Option, they must be coded to enter/exit some form of Blocking Animation to give the perception that Option Movements are playing out correctly/fluid.

This game is still centered around "Canned Animations", so as one poster noted, when a tweak is done in one area, it affects the other end of the spectrum also.

Reaction to the Run was not the issue because increasing the Run Defense Slider took care of the D's reaction to the run.

The issue was Def-Players not performing assignments (which means entering/exiting some type of "Blocking Animation" because the game is still built on Canned Animations) as needed for the game to give the perception the Option Gameplay is playing out correctly.

Call it an in-direct Tuner affect.
Wrong... The tuner did not effect any animations or player interactions. It affected reaction to the option. You guys are getting pretty ridiculous.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #46
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Wrong... The tuner did not effect any animations or player interactions. It affected reaction to the option. You guys are getting pretty ridiculous.

Placebo effect or not, what's ridiculous is bashing people's thoughts, theories, etc. on what THEY are seeing. If THEY are seeing it, then why say THEY are getting ridiculous with what THEY are seeing and report on it? Either way, the track record is there. Any time that EA has EVER tuned or patched anything, something else is affected. Or is that Placebo?
Old 08-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:

So as a Gamechanger, you're statement is that any alterations to internal player programming or even external player ratings, have "No" affect on Animations nor drive when/which should play out during any given situation of gameplay?

Wasn't the adjustment done to clean up the Option Gameplay that's still not playing out as intended?

NCAA 13 is still centered around Canned Animations, correct?

If so, that means Offensive "Blockers" for the Option must be pre-programmed to enter a Blocking Animation with a Def player so that Gameplay doesn't look goofy with players moving about without purpose (aka a bug).

Just like the DL, LB's are the next layer of players that "Must" enter some form of a Blocking Animation for Option Gameplay to Animate smoothly.

More than one LB simply have to be pre-programmed into a Blocking Animation for it to look/play right.

More so since players are not animating on a Physics Engine that allows them to not be so pre-linked. (ie Canned Animated)

Adjust the Run Defense to 100, and everyone will attack the run before the RB gets the ball no matter the level.

So if the Slider was able to make this adjustment, what about LB's Reaction alone, was in error?

Why not the secondary also since they're all so linked together?

As someone who's supposed to be a vocal extension for Gamers to developers to improve a game, I hope this isn't the thinking (it's all just ridiculous placebo babble) that's applied to many of the gamers findings/thoughts/suggestions by those participating in the Gamechanger Program.

Especially since the history of EA's tweaks/tuners are always so vague about how exactly they will affect things across the board.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #48
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
How does blocking affect a linebacker that is unblocked pursuing a play? There are not several things different its in your head. You guys kill me with your assumptions. Placebo effect running rampant.

LB's read the Oline. At least they should be. Before anything else in a play happens, that's there key. Like someone else said, if it isn't set up the way (obviously not) something else is messed up. I would also think it would do something to pursuit angles.

I'm not saying someone is right or wrong, but people are bringing up good points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »