Home

Defensive Position?

This is a discussion on Defensive Position? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Defensive Position?

I Also dabble a little bit with the safety which is probably the best position to be but can also be a costly player to be if you are not at a certain skill level.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #10
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I usually play as a LE or DT. Getting pressure on the QB is the best method of ensuring a good defense IMO.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I usually play the MLB in a 4-3, but I'll often switch to one of the OLBs in two cases: 1) my OLBs suck and are guarding a stud TE; 2) the OLBs are covering the HB against a team or formation where a screen play is likely. I hate getting burned by screens, so I tend to play a LB who isn't guarding the TE to sniff out and cover the screens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2013, 11:54 PM   #12
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesloth
I usually play the MLB in a 4-3, but I'll often switch to one of the OLBs in two cases: 1) my OLBs suck and are guarding a stud TE; 2) the OLBs are covering the HB against a team or formation where a screen play is likely. I hate getting burned by screens, so I tend to play a LB who isn't guarding the TE to sniff out and cover the screens.
HB screens are really easy to spot so it's better to control a guy not covering the HB and then jump him as soon as you notice the screen.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 01-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
HB screens are really easy to spot so it's better to control a guy not covering the HB and then jump him as soon as you notice the screen.
True, but I also have fun wreaking havoc by playing zone against crossing routes and slants if the HB stays in the backfield. It's something I seem to do better than the CPU for some reason.

Anyone else find that when they move from D-line to MLB, the D-line ends up with more sacks? Maybe I just suck at playing the line...
Old 01-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 22

I play as the RE because they are extremely ineffective if the AI is in control. Even if it's an impact player like J. Clowney from USC.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #15
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Unless they fixed the terrible camera angles for the secondary, which I don't believe they did, go with MLB.

MLB is probably the best position to play on defense in the game from the camera angles they give you.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #16
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavonBrown
I play as the RE because they are extremely ineffective if the AI is in control. Even if it's an impact player like J. Clowney from USC.
I'd have to disagree with this. These are my sack leaders through 11 games (5 USER, 6 CPU) of my SMU OD:

Foreman, my leader (who is #3 in the nation in sacks I believe and #2 on the Lombardi watch list) is my RE. I user the MLB so my sacks are CPU controlled sacks. My guys are certainly good, but not 99 OVRs or anything like that. None of them are impact players and I wouldn't be surprised if Clowney were better on the default rosters (I'm in 2018 now).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »