Home

NCAA Football 14 Video - First Look at New Gameplay Engine

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Video - First Look at New Gameplay Engine within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #33
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
It looks well enough. Not triple a sports title worthy. I'm glad that running I can actually juke now instead of that jump cut we were forced with last year.

Also I know they said 20 new option offenses, I'm hoping veer options are in spread playbooks now, but as always I'm still worried about blocking and defensive reaction on these plays. Countless times options were blew up because the DT does the famous instashed move blowing the play up all the time. So I'm still a little skeptical until I see more.

Hopefully lineplay, and specifically those damn DTs are addressed later on the hype train.

But for what this video is I liked what I saw for the ball carrier and infinity engine
Old 04-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #34
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
I liked the video and I am starting to get hyped for this.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #35
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: NCAA Football 14 Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Thats the main problem with the running. Its playing out a running animation but they aren't actually running, their gliding across the field. Im still seeing that, I only notice footplanting on the cuts. To tell how good the footplanting is we obviously have to feel it for ourselves.
Yeah, I am not trying to be a downer, I am just trying to set my expectations within reason. I know other sports sims have sliding at times too but not where it allows a player to cover more ground than they should. In Madden 13 the players don't just float over the field in place, which I understand happening at times because they are not on an actual field but they "glide/slide" covering too much ground. Maybe it stands out so much in a football game due to the whole "game of inches" concept but again hopefully this looks noticeably different from an actual game play view.

To illustrate what I am talking about, I know the game is capable of realistic looking foot planting with minimal sliding because it happened occasionally in M13, like in this gif.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...planting2.gif/

I am hoping the cuts look like that gif in M25/NCAA 14 from a game play view more so than this video clip, also from M13, where the ball carrier never stops covering ground due to gliding/sliding.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77lGcUsL4bM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 33
Hopefully the game isn't as weighted towards offence as much as the video suggests. Running animation isn't great.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #37
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 14 Video - First Look at New Gameplay Engine

EA, please make note. The truck at 1:37 is how a truck should look. The larger player wins in a head-on collision, the defender recoils from the impact and goes straight to the ground from his crouched position (doesn't get lifted into the air), and the larger player is still affected by the impact by losing some speed and being forced into a stumble. Players don't get trucked all that often, but when they do, that's how it looks. Also like to add that the stiff arm/tackle at 1:51 looks very good as well.

The stiff arm at 1:36 and the trucks at 1:43 and 1:49 are not how those play out in real life. It takes a lot of force to actually lift a human being off the ground and throw them backwards. This can happen to someone who is caught completely unaware, but it's extremely rare in cases where someone knows the hit is coming and is actually trying to deliver a hit themselves. PLEASE get rid of these over-the-top, superhuman animations.

Last edited by Pokes404; 04-03-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #38
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Wasn't the whole stop on a dime/cut ability supposed to have been implemented years ago when they revamped the agility rating?
Old 04-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #39
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
EA, please make note. The truck at 1:37 is how a truck should look. The larger player wins in a head-on collision, the defender recoils from the impact and goes straight to the ground from his crouched position, and the larger player is still affected by the impact by losing some speed and being forced into a stumble. Players don't get trucked all that often, but when they do, that's how it looks.

The stiff arm at 1:36 and the truck at 1:43 is not how it happens in real life. It takes a lot of force to actually lift a human being off the ground and throw them backwards. This can happen to someone who is caught completely unaware, but it's extremely rare in cases where someone knows the hit is coming and is actually trying to deliver a hit themselves. PLEASE get rid of these over-the-top, superhuman animations.
You got it, Noted
Old 04-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #40
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

works for me. But then again I've never really had a problem having fun with NCAA.

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »