Home

NCAA Football 14 Video - First Look at New Gameplay Engine

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Video - First Look at New Gameplay Engine within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #49
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football 14 Video - First Look at New Gameplay Engine

Hard to be too upset. Just in one days worth of info, EA has mentioned several things we have been calling for forever.

I'm optimistic.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 04-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #50
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Most of these vids were of players in space...Moving forward Im going to be looking to see if they've added new Engaged Blocking/Tackling animations.

In the past there were so few of those....that you could predict easily which way the defender was going to throw your O-Linemen and easily shoot through that space

I'll be looking for animations where the defenders drive blockers straight back into the ball carrier stopping his momentum and then making an attempt at a tackle.

EAs football games need a lot more of these

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 04-03-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #51
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Meh, the running animations are still are stiff and robotic. Looks like they have not touched the running animations, the only time its different is when IE kicks in, say when you're running in the open field, its still the same old ugly stiff running animations from years past.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 04-03-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

WOW the running and movement has seen ZERO improvement. If anything the sliding and gliding is even worse. Where is this supposed improvement to how players cut, stop, and accelerate??? To me it looked the exact same unrealistic movement with a few more "animations" thrown in to simulate the cut or change of direction. Yet true momentum and redistributing that weight in a different direction does not look to exists at all.

All I can end with is WOW, EA needs some serious overhaul in the gameplay development category. Nothing against the developers now but they are just not pushing any boundaries and yet again the EA football series advances another year with minimally improvement. Where is the spark to create something fresh, new, and exciting? Where is the drive to create the most realistic football experience out there?

All I see is the same product released year in and year out with very VERY little done to it.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #53
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23

I love the foot planting idea.
The problem i have is this force impact thing. Defenses will win this about 75-85% of the time. You will not see trucks on linebackers often.

What bout OL and DL interaction. This cant go another year untouched.

Other than that im impressed for the first day of info. Can wait to see more. Im praying that dynasty is done right. (spring drills, scouting reports, etc)
Old 04-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #54
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
WOW the running and movement has seen ZERO improvement. If anything the sliding and gliding is even worse. Where is this supposed improvement to how players cut, stop, and accelerate??? To me it looked the exact same unrealistic movement with a few more "animations" thrown in to simulate the cut or change of direction. Yet true momentum and redistributing that weight in a different direction does not look to exists at all.

All I can end with is WOW, EA needs some serious overhaul in the gameplay development category. Nothing against the developers now but they are just not pushing any boundaries and yet again the EA football series advances another year with minimally improvement. Where is the spark to create something fresh, new, and exciting? Where is the drive to create the most realistic football experience out there?

All I see is the same product released year in and year out with very VERY little done to it.
Agreed, it's the same old game with IE kicking in a every now and then. The same old legacy problems will exist. I am just hoping this changes with the next-gen football games from EA, but I doubt it.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 19
As another poster noted earlier, the realism of collision is not playing out correctly.

1) Currently all collisions seem to end with animations playing out a forward of backwards result/conclusion.

2) I really hate seeing ball carriers carry the ball like a loaf of bread during contact animations.
- this takes away from all they are trying to accomplish because it stands out like a sore thumb, as being unrealistic.
-our ball carriers are constantly yelled at about covering the ball.
-this reveals that "Ball Physics" are still the same, which indicates that "Punt" physics is still the same.

3) Not enough folks falling to the ground through out the entire play sequence.
-players still run into the "Standing Dance" animation no matter size, momentum or angle of contact.
-WR running into a Standing Block animation with a LB that is supposed to be running at full speed.
-code a crack back or something, but please limit the "Standing Dance" blocking animation.

4) It still seems as though running still falls into (2) outcomes (Open Space or Tackle Animation)
- If space is there, you can run.
- If no space is there, the only other alternative is breaking out of a "Tackle Animation" either L, R or backwards.
- "NO" running/driving through the LOS (OL/DL) and "Pushing the Pile..."

I believe is they make the "Football" the focal point of ALL tackle animations intead of the "Player", it will/would help bring all the Contact Animations together in a more fluid and realistic manner.

Hope some of these notations through out the process isn't just noted, but also somehow implemented or used to adjust game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #56
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportzfan0290
No mention on new teams or if FCS is back.
we will get new d1 teams but not FCS. dont forget that they have to license the teams, conferences and tournament and spend 100's of hours making unis for the teams and not to mention the logics and skill balancing. not gonna happen. dont forget that each team, conference and bowl get a royalty check from this game. FSU got a couple hundred thousand just themselves a few years ago. there is alot more than goes into it than just wanting it. maybe we will get a good team maker next gen so we can do it ourselves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »