Home

NCAA Football 14 Dynasty Mode Articles From Around the Web

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Dynasty Mode Articles From Around the Web within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2013, 07:42 PM   #41
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA Football 14 Dynasty Mode Articles From Around the Web

we need coaches playcalling upgrades EA...

the basic aggressive v conservative isn't even working anymore...

i like what i heard but PLAYCALLING needs to be fixed....

or

we must be able to assign custom gameplans or playbooks to coaches.... give us custom assignable gameplans like madden and the community will fix alot of the playcalling issues.

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #42
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11
I would've liked for them to use a calendar view and add at least 4 practices and a spring game in the 2 week off-season
Old 05-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #43
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
I would've liked for them to use a calendar view and add at least 4 practices and a spring game in the 2 week off-season
Yea I was hoping for some sort of practice/spring game to dynasty mode.

They could have turned dynasty mode into a full week thing where you have practices or perform drills (mini games) to improve your player's skill and make your freshmen, sophs, transfers, backups better so you will see them improve throughout their 4 years. Put together some sort of gameplan and then execute it in the actual game.

Instead it was like they got in a room and said, how can we redo recruiting and make it seem new? I'VE GOT IT! Instead of phone hours lets make it recruiting points! GENIUS!

There are so many different things they could have done with dynasty. Just go look at the wishlist threads and there are TONS of different ideas they could have went with or used in some way and it just feels like they went the easiest route.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #44
Just started!

OVR: 0
Is there any indication that the painfully slow menus have been sped up? I love recruiting, but menu transition is so slow its very frustrating.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #45
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by evljstr
Is there any indication that the painfully slow menus have been sped up? I love recruiting, but menu transition is so slow its very frustrating.
Yes the menus are ALL different this year. I do remember saying that a while back which made me happy because like you, I too could not stand the menus. It was a big factor in me not playing the game more. I had no problem with recruiting other than it took so long. The reason it took so long wasn't the recruiting process, it was the menus! You could breeze through the recruiting steps with a recruit, but transitioning from menu to menu and scrolling through things was beyond ridiculously slow. The menus made it frustrating to edit depth charts, edit playbooks, recruit and edit players. I don't know how the people that do rosters each year were able to put up with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 6
they took away the depth of recruiting. if ur happy about this, just have the computer do it for you. read my write up http://www.gamingtruth.com/2013/05/28/ncaa-football-14-makes-recruiting-more-streamlined/
Old 05-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #47
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Here's a new article http://hardcoregamers.com/power-recr...a-football-14/

Last edited by Cowboy008; 05-28-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:21 PM   #48
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldman011teen
they took away the depth of recruiting. if ur happy about this, just have the computer do it for you. read my write up http://www.gamingtruth.com/2013/05/2...e-streamlined/
what bothers me is how I keep reading in every write up how "last year's recruiting was too time consuming" and that it was the major complaint with recruiting. The menus are what made it so time consuming. Setting up your board, calling the prospects, changing from menu to menu, etc. that was all time consuming because the menus were awful.

Editing rosters, creating a playbook, editing coaches were all time consuming as well only because the menus were so slow and unresponsive. When you actually got into the recruiting part you could breeze through that rather quickly.

If they changed the menus YEARS AGO when we first complained about how slow, boring and unresponsive they were, recruiting last year may not have felt so time consuming and they may not have felt like it was a priority to change it rather than doing other things to dynasty. It's amazing how 1 poorly done aspect can impact the perception on other aspects of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »