Home

Uniform Updates 6.0

This is a discussion on Uniform Updates 6.0 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #297
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Uniform Updates 6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappysnacks
yup. this issue appears to be caused by the new base layer (think under armour) that many of the teams are wearing this year with team specific logos. if you make changes to a player and edit what they wear (sleeve length so on) more often than not it won't show up or it will show up incorrectly. the changes wont' take if you wear the default/home uni of that team, but if you wear any alternate or away jersey it appears that the edits you made will show up when your guy hits the field. pretty annoying.
Huh, interesting. Well, even though it's annoying A&M has a ton of jersey combinations this year so I guess I just wear everything but the default. Thanks.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #298
Rookie

cookracr's Arena

OVR: 0

Oklahoma State's black jerseys are still discolored in the sun as they were in 13'
Old 07-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #299
Rookie

damion2721's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
the helmet in question was in last years game (a pack released as a helmet that was to be worn against navy in the opener in ireland, but ND just wore their regular HGI helmet), and I can see how they might have tried to make it appear like the hydrographics inc helmets they wear as default since the 2011 night game vs USC, but it's the same alligator pattern (not swirly like the shamrock series one's really should be) they used for the shamrock series helmet from 2011 (the one they wore against maryland, which actually looks pretty accurate).

a speckle sheen/pattern like that would seem to be fairly easy for them to replicate.

The default (HGI) notre dame helmet would look great with no pattern on it and using the sheen/color combo they currently use for the made up strategy 01 helmets. I'll take a screenshot when I get home but what EA is using as their base/default helmet (HGI helmets) have proper grey facemasks and decent coloring (except for night games) & all the right decals) for me it's not nearly as terrible since I'm on xbox 360 (they look putrid on the ps3) but the strategy 01 helmets NAILED the color/sheen of what the HGI helmets look like in real life during day/dusk/night games, it just has the flaws I mentioned (clearly white facemasks, and incorrect logos in the back, & the pattern that should only exist on the 2011 nd vs. maryland shamrock series helmets). Thanks for all the effort you put into this stuff btw. Most of us who post in here are obviously passionate about our teams and trying to get the most authenticity out of our games.

edit: I also see you made a section for misc stuff (ND gold pants worn in 2012 still not being default), this is also true for their strategy socks (blue ones) those should be default as well and not black.
Glad im not the only one who notices that the strategy 1 helmets NAILED the color and sheen at 6pm, night and 2nd half day games.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:35 PM   #300
Rookie

chappysnacks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by damion2721
Glad im not the only one who notices that the strategy 1 helmets NAILED the color and sheen at 6pm, night and 2nd half day games.
yeah definitely. SO I went ahead and did the best I could with what I had. I don't have a capture card & I can't take pics in practice mode (quickest mode for me to get into) so I took pics with my iPhone 5. The final shot is the most glaring. These were taken on the practice field. You can see what the ND helmets look like on xbox 360 at 8pm in overcast conditions. the strategy 1 helmets look great at pretty much each step but clearly have white facemasks and the 2011 shamrock series pattern.

The default (HGI) helmets have the proper gradient/pattern on them during all 3 phases really but it's fairly hard to tell given how dark they get. I should have taken a shot of them during a day game in clear conditions because I'm fairly certain the shine on them is a bit much and they don't really come across with the speckled gradient patter. A/C in the apt broke and it's like 88 degreees in here so I'm trying to get out of here asap heh. I might revisit that tomorrow. Anyway here are the results.

default (gold/hgi) helmet

adidas strategy pack 1 helmet (does not exist irl)

head to head. sheen/color on strategy 1 is perfect throughout imo, but has obvious drawbacks.

forgot to say that this pic is 8pm/overcast.
tv is a 55" LED samsung 1080p 240hz
Old 07-10-2013, 11:58 PM   #301
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
yeah definitely. SO I went ahead and did the best I could with what I had. I don't have a capture card & I can't take pics in practice mode (quickest mode for me to get into) so I took pics with my iPhone 5. The final shot is the most glaring. These were taken on the practice field. You can see what the ND helmets look like on xbox 360 at 8pm in overcast conditions. the strategy 1 helmets look great at pretty much each step but clearly have white facemasks and the 2011 shamrock series pattern.

The default (HGI) helmets have the proper gradient/pattern on them during all 3 phases really but it's fairly hard to tell given how dark they get. I should have taken a shot of them during a day game in clear conditions because I'm fairly certain the shine on them is a bit much and they don't really come across with the speckled gradient patter. A/C in the apt broke and it's like 88 degreees in here so I'm trying to get out of here asap heh. I might revisit that tomorrow. Anyway here are the results.

default (gold/hgi) helmet

adidas strategy pack 1 helmet (does not exist irl)

head to head. sheen/color on strategy 1 is perfect throughout imo, but has obvious drawbacks.

forgot to say that this pic is 8pm/overcast.
tv is a 55" LED samsung 1080p 240hz

On the PS3 version of the game there is 0 sheen at night, I haven't bothered to check the 6 PM look but I can't imagine it is much better considering its brown even when there is just cloud coverage.

Its like that for most teams with metallic shells (including Ohio States).
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 12:49 AM   #302
Rookie

chappysnacks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
On the PS3 version of the game there is 0 sheen at night, I haven't bothered to check the 6 PM look but I can't imagine it is much better considering its brown even when there is just cloud coverage.

Its like that for most teams with metallic shells (including Ohio States).
Yeah my cousin has a ps3 and it's just appalling to look at I agree.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:25 AM   #303
Rookie

serrano53's Arena

OVR: 2

Any news on update?
Old 07-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #304
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Yeah my cousin has a ps3 and it's just appalling to look at I agree.
Luckily for me Tech's helmets just look Matte Gold at night/indoors, which is disappointing but bearable. I'll probably where our alternate helmets for night games, I haven't checked the old helmets though (our facemask is Dark Navy to where it looks almost black, apparently instead of them being a really dark Navy in the game they were just straight up black, so they added a new one with a Navy facemask).

Quote:
Originally Posted by serrano53
Any news on update?
Follow their Twitter account, its your best bet of finding out about it first, odds are someone will inform me through this thread about the news and I will simply post it to the first page. I'd like to be the guy who breaks it but odds are I will be doing something else when the announcement is made.

So to you answer your question, no, I'm not well connected enough to have any info the public doesn't already have. So check their twitter, this site, Pastapadre, and theGamingtailgate.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »