Home

How is your dynasty going

This is a discussion on How is your dynasty going within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2014, 06:59 PM   #4617
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: How is your dynasty going

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
What is the maximum years you can play on a dynasty?
I'm pretty sure in previous incarnations it's always been 60 (not that I've ever played one nearly that long since I play every game).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #4618
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I'm pretty sure in previous incarnations it's always been 60 (not that I've ever played one nearly that long since I play every game).
While this is true, using the editor you can pretty much play an endless dynasty if you wanted. You could take the roster of the last season and then start a new dynasty and import the year 60 roster into the new dynasty via the editors that are available. I'm not sure that many would end up playing 60+ years, but it is possible.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:12 PM   #4619
MVP

AnybodyKilla's Arena

OVR: 12

After a crazy unexpected season Syracuse repeats as National Champions in 2019 after losing 12 starters including QB,RB,2WR and the whole defensive line

The story for me is switching up my play style from a 65-35 run/pass ratio and switching it in reverse because of 93ovr RS Soph Derrick Townsend who had an amazing 97acc. Despite his speed problems(god he's slow) he managed to throw for 4400 yards and 46 touchdowns finishing 3rd in the heismen voting which happened to be my first player to show up in the top 5.

Besides a 30-14 second half comeback against Florida state in the ACC championship game to finish 44-40 I had a pretty easy season with my rushing defense just becoming explosive with all my linebackers being seniors with high ratings.

33-27 rematch against Ohio State and I'm ready for 2020, only lost 11 players total and recruited 17 guys making up the #1 class including the #1 CB,FS and a 82ovr athlete who will play WR and Safety.
#9 Syracuse Orange!! (15-1)(3-0)
Old 05-26-2014, 01:18 AM   #4620
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

So after playing around with the editor with a test dynasty, I decided to start a new one where I will start out at a coordinator. Now with the ability to create a playoff, I decided to create a 2 tiered system but no relegation. The twist, the second tier has a 4 team playoff and the top tier has an 8 team playoff.

The Conference Tiers are broken down as follows:
6 Major Conferences with 14 teams. The big 5 stay intact while adding real life moves like Rutgers & Maryland to B10 and Louisville to the ACC. Since the American is getting gutted. I decided to make the Mountain West the 6 AQ conference and added teams. But I did take SDSU and Utah St from the MNW and added them to the P12. The Break down is in the spoiler. The other 4 conferences have 10 teams and then I left ODU and turned Ga St into Independents

Spoiler

Playoff Break down
Top Tier
6 conference winners
2 Wildcards aka the top 2 ranked teams

The BCS Bowls are the Quarter-Finals games
The Cotton Bowl is Semi Final #1, the Alamo Bowl is Semi #2. Centrally located and big stadiums.
NC game is the same.

Bottom Tier
4 conference winners, Unless GA St or ODU has a better record than the conference winners then they go.

I am still deciding what bowl games to use.

Now to my career;
  • I decided to be an offensive coordinator at GA St. Might as well start at the bottom! We are in week 6 and are 3-2!
  • I am playing on AA with close to the community sliders. I have an awesome young RB Hammon who is the center of the offense.
  • We lost to Ball St week 1 28-35. I was down 21-7 and battled back but 3 early INT, killed us.
  • Week 2 we beat Colorado in Boulder. We jumped out to a 21-0 lead and the defense was playing great. At half they mounted a comeback. I was up 28-7 then mid way through the 4th they tied it. We scored a late TD and held them off
  • Week 3- we got down 0-14 at West VA. But we battled back. At half it was 14-14. The we took a 21-14 lead by the end of the 3rd. In the 4th made it 28-14, with a late TD WVU made it 28-21 and we won.
  • Week 4 UTSA pounded us 21-34. Our offense could not get going. We had 9 dropped passes.
  • Week 5 is our biggest upset. We went to Provo, Utah to face BYU. They got on us early. 7-21 mid second but we made it 14-21 at half. Then we came out in the second half and scored 3 TDs in the third to take a 35-21 lead. They scored in the 4th to make it 35-28 but we answered back 42-38. With a late TD the final was 42-35.

We have Tulane this week and I think we should beat them but it could be a dropalooza again.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:18 AM   #4621
Rookie

OVR: 0

After a long hiatus on my UMass dynasty, I decided to start a new one with the University of Hawaii. I've always wanted to do a dynasty with a team out west and Hawaii fills all of the criteria I have when choosing a team (good stadium, cool uniforms, etc.) My plan is to eventually move them to the Pac-12 from the MWC, but I'll only do that after we become somewhat of a competent team and have several MWC titles under our belt.

In Week 1, I decided to schedule Idaho instead of USC. A game against USC wouldn't really be a true test of how good my team actually is and I expected to get creamed by them. So I scheduled Idaho and we won 41-6 in my first game with Hawaii. QB Taylor Graham threw for 247 yards and 4 touchdowns with no interceptions in my first game and I was very impressed with everyone as a whole.

In Week 2, we played at #21 Oregon State and came away with the 20-18 upset! This game was really intense and made me really love the slider set I'm playing with. Graham and the offense didn't really wow me in this game, but they did enough to score and keep the lead for the entire game. Our defense totally shut them out and Oregon State didn't score a touchdown until the 4th quarter. But then they stepped up and stopped the 2-point conversion to win the game for us!

In Week 3, we played at Nevada and it was another close scoring affair. We won 24-17 after CB Dee Maggitt intercepted Nevada QB Cody Fajardo in the 4th quarter as they were driving down the field to try to tie the game. Like the Oregon State game, nothing on the offense particularly wowed me, but they did enough to win. The defense gave up two 100-yard rushers for Nevada (Fajardo and their RB Don Jackson), but they limited their passing game to 139 yards and came up with several key 3rd-down stops.

Unfortunately, our perfect record would come to an end when Derek Carr and Fresno State visited us for our 4th game of the season. They absolutely crushed us 52-10. They beat us at all aspects of the game and dominated our team. Carr threw for 409 yards and 3 touchdowns and added 2 more on the ground. Graham threw 3 interceptions to no touchdowns, but I wasn't too upset about the loss. This game showed me that we have a long way to go if we even want to challenge for the MWC title. Plus, it also showed me that my slider set is perfect and allows for blow out losses like this.

Our next game pitted us against San Jose State. This was another close-scoring showdown. San Jose State QB David Fales was solid, throwing for 344 yards and 2 touchdowns, but was intercepted 3 times by our defense. We did allow two 100-yard receivers though. Our offense struggled at times and Graham threw 3 interceptions for the second game in a row. Both teams really struggled throughout this game, but San Jose State did more to win and they kicked a field goal in the last minute to win 20-17.

So through 5 games Hawaii sits at 3-2 on the season with the bulk of their MWC schedule ahead of them. Overall, I've been very impressed with where the team is at this point in the schedule. Our running game has been struggling the past few weeks, which puts a lot more pressure on Graham and the passing game. Defensively, our pass defense is terrible, but we are good at run stopping and we routinely make plays on 3rd-down to get off the field.

On the recruiting trail, we currently have two commits. One from a JUCO tight end to fill depth since our starting TE is only a sophomore. The other is from a defensive end, which is a position I really need help at since we have at least 3 seniors leaving at DE. On a side note, I found a gem CB a couple of weeks into the season (79 OVR with 96 speed!) that no one was recruiting, but Tennessee recently jumped into the race and they easily overtook me. Oh well, I guess that's the way it goes for a 2-star prestige school!

Next week, Hawaii travels UNLV as they try to move to 4-2 and 2-2 in conference play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2014, 12:31 AM   #4622
Banned

merlini's Arena

i like them i whish i like them lol

http://www.powerfulkicks.com/
Old 05-27-2014, 04:02 PM   #4623
Pro

OVR: 4

the editor makes dynasty fun. 4 team playoff! no rece davis feature locking in sim results! so no more Ohio vs UMass in the national championship

edit bowl tie-ins! edit recruit commitments, no mid majors were in the top 50 recruiting, much less top 10
Old 05-27-2014, 04:05 PM   #4624
MVP

Teleo's Arena

How do you create a the 4 team playoff in editor?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »