Home

The root of the 'too many good players get unrecruited' problem

This is a discussion on The root of the 'too many good players get unrecruited' problem within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: The root of the 'too many good players get unrecruited' problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsu4life86
I don'tknow if iit's just coincidence but my first season in dynasty I've founda lot of 3* gems esp as athletes ranging from 75 all the way up to 79 I feel there is just an over abundance of high rated players
The 3* players definately seem to be better than in years past. I just signed a 3* gem CB who is 79 OVR (71+8). That is very good 4* territory. Prior to the scouting implementation I remember getting a 3* over 65 was a treat.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 07-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #74
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
The 3* players definately seem to be better than in years past. I just signed a 3* gem CB who is 79 OVR (71+8). That is very good 4* territory. Prior to the scouting implementation I remember getting a 3* over 65 was a treat.
Part of me is tempted to just not scout. Part of the rise and fall of programs is key players over- or underperforming based on expectation. And no matter how much a player is evaluated coming out of high school, there is always the chance they will be much better or worse than predicted. But this game, with its exact scouting, multitude of gems, and unrecruited players, pretty much makes it way too easy to avoid the busts and put together a decent or better class every time - even if you are a 1* mid-major. Maybe by injecting some chance by not scouting, building a team won't feel so easy.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #75
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
Well I signed this guy in an online dynasty last year (you can't really see it, but he was a 78 (+11 from original) overall 3 star gem athlete. By far the best recruiting steal I've ever made. Too bad we all abandoned the OD the next year!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ncaa13majorgem.JPG (63.4 KB, 121 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #76
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

I have posted some important imformation about off-season CPU recruiting logic as well

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ing-logic.html
Old 07-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I have posted some important imformation about off-season CPU recruiting logic as well

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ing-logic.html
So some mixed results there.

- I'm glad to see some variety (not all are all in - not all are spread 2-3k each) as it keeps us guessing. Knowing exactly how the cpu will do it every time takes away a layer of strategy.
- I am worried that they don't all use all of their points
- I am worried that they pick stupid guys to go after

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 07-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #78
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

It's probably too late to patch it in now, but maybe one fix for the unrecruited players problem is to reintroduce the recruiting difficulty setting and tie it to number of recruits generated. So the higher the difficulty, the fewer the number of recruits, particularly three star or better. Probably won't happen but it may be the only fix for now.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #79
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
It's probably too late to patch it in now, but maybe one fix for the unrecruited players problem is to reintroduce the recruiting difficulty setting and tie it to number of recruits generated. So the higher the difficulty, the fewer the number of recruits, particularly three star or better. Probably won't happen but it may be the only fix for now.
Down the road if they could add this to the current recruiting system along with the other idea someone posted about giving bonus points based on the prestige of the school (6 star gets 4,000 more or something), I think we would have solid recruiting
Old 07-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #80
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan1993
Down the road if they could add this to the current recruiting system along with the other idea someone posted about giving bonus points based on the prestige of the school (6 star gets 4,000 more or something), I think we would have solid recruiting
I think if they increase roster sizes, which would increase class sizes, they could stick with the number of total recruits. I fully am on board with your more points for the bigger programs idea. It just makes sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »