Home

The root of the 'too many good players get unrecruited' problem

This is a discussion on The root of the 'too many good players get unrecruited' problem within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2013, 10:30 PM   #65
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The root of the 'too many good players get unrecruited' problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataBull
I haven't read the entire thread, forgive me if this has been stated. But I think the problem is single player Dynasty.

I started looking around week four or five, and there aren't that many 4 and 5 star guys that are underrecruited. I mean, there are if you the only human. But if you have six or eight players in your dynasty and all know this, you'll be fighting over the same players and you'll each get two or three of these guys tops.
The problem is what the CPU cant do compared to users, so obviously replacing the CPU with users would solve the problem lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #66
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
There is no recruiting difficulty setting for the love of God.

I wonder if default head coaches being low for a lot of big programs is a problem. For instance, Muschamp is only level 8 and he has no points at all in the opener and closer skills. I'm editing coaches to put points into those skills based on prestige (I moved Muschamp up to level 14 so I could add 3 points to both of those skills to max them out to represent Florida being a 6 star). I'm going to see what effect that has.
Was the attitude really necessary? Recruiting difficulty was on last year's game & honestly didn't pay attention whether or not it was on this year's game.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #67
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by football200414
Was the attitude really necessary? Recruiting difficulty was on last year's game & honestly didn't pay attention whether or not it was on this year's game.
Just more to do with how many people have made comments about it still being in the game than you personally.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #68
Pro

Bushido's Arena

OVR: 10

This is why I go through all the rosters each off-season and edit the incoming freshmen on every major CFB team, so that teams like Alabama aren't getting 56-62 rated freshmen.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:21 AM   #69
Pro

antixnette's Arena

OVR: 7

I really hope this is fixable. It's hard trying to keep up with the CPU in recruiting. I don't like just recruiting 11 players. I like to spread points around and fill a lot of needs.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:30 AM   #70
MVP

OVR: 29

I actually recruit exactly like the CPU does in my experience its the only way to get recruits especially when you're a lowly one star with most pitches bottomed out
Old 07-17-2013, 02:14 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 1

In addition to this recruiting problem, I feel there's no chance if having an immediate impact freshman (duke,Amari,Stefon diggs). Highest freshman come in at the low 80s and can't get into the rotation of the major schools. To fix this I edit freshman or create recruits with a cap of 86-88 overall. There's always going to be true freshman that can make an impact no matter what school they go to or who's in front of them. The progression I don't really mind, but I hate how the lower level schools progress so high up after multiple years.

The big programs should have more recruiting advantages. Too much is placed on coaching skills. Coach trob could be hired at UF w/o the coaching experience as a bigger name & he would pick up right where muschamp left off. Obviously we have to think realistically and everything can't be perfect but EA (as always) isn't using any common sense. Its as if they didnt test run their own new implementations. The new recruiting system was a step in the right way, but there's still a long way to go. I hope NCAA15 with next gen makes big strides, but I won't hold my breathe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don'tknow if iit's just coincidence but my first season in dynasty I've founda lot of 3* gems esp as athletes ranging from 75 all the way up to 79 I feel there is just an over abundance of high rated players

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »