Home

Moving guys to different positions

This is a discussion on Moving guys to different positions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2013, 11:58 PM   #9
Rookie

aevans0913's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Moving guys to different positions

I dont have any problem moving players around. If I have a good starter and a decent backup that will not play behind that starter, I will consider moving the backup to a position that they would perform well in. i.e. ILB's and OLB's, LB's to DE's, DT's and DE's, Safety's and CB's, RB's and FB's, WR's and TE's. None of them are huge changes but technically not their "natural" position. A good coach finds the best fit for their players within their scheme.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:22 AM   #10
Just started!

OVR: 0

I usually move slow safeties to Linebacker
Old 07-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisjpqu
I usually move slow safeties to Linebacker
what about FAST safeties to LBs? That is what I tried and it works GREAT for pressuring the QB who is shotgun happy this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #12
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

That's kind of a lame house rule; swapping positions happens all the time.

For example at Arizona:
- Marquise Flowers was originally a safety, he was moved to linebacker last season.
- Patrick Onwasor(sp?), a former WR, is now a safety.
- Terrence Miller, another former WR, is listed as a fullback
- Josh Kern (former QB) is a TE (as was Tyler Lyons a couple years ago).

Switching positions is a good way for a coach to play to his players strengths.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
That's kind of a lame house rule; swapping positions happens all the time.

For example at Arizona:
- Marquise Flowers was originally a safety, he was moved to linebacker last season.
- Patrick Onwasor(sp?), a former WR, is now a safety.
- Terrence Miller, another former WR, is listed as a fullback
- Josh Kern (former QB) is a TE (as was Tyler Lyons a couple years ago).

Switching positions is a good way for a coach to play to his players strengths.
Right, but it can also take advantage of certain things because the game and the CPU doesn't take advantage of potential disadvantages that might arise in real life.

The particular thing I am thinking about doing is putting a FAST FS at the OLB position and then using him to BLITZ the QB. This enables me to get to the QB about .5 seconds faster than using a LB which makes all the difference in this game! In real life putting an undersized LB on the field would result in the offense running right at him regularly to neutralize the guys speed and take advantage of his under-size and relative weakness. Since the CPU doesn't really do this, I get to reap the benefits without fearing the downside and hence I am left wondering if it is fair even though I agree with you that it does happen in real life.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #14
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
Right, but it can also take advantage of certain things because the game and the CPU doesn't take advantage of potential disadvantages that might arise in real life.

The particular thing I am thinking about doing is putting a FAST FS at the OLB position and then using him to BLITZ the QB. This enables me to get to the QB about .5 seconds faster than using a LB which makes all the difference in this game! In real life putting an undersized LB on the field would result in the offense running right at him regularly to neutralize the guys speed and take advantage of his under-size and relative weakness. Since the CPU doesn't really do this, I get to reap the benefits without fearing the downside and hence I am left wondering if it is fair even though I agree with you that it does happen in real life.
Is it fair? Sure it is. It's legal in the game isn't it? And you're not actually manipulating the guy's ratings, right?
And what's to stop the other players in your OD from doing the exact same thing to compensate for your advantage? If you all had the same advantage, no one would have the advantage.

Now what would be less fair is switching your backup punter to linebacker and jacking up his ratings yourself.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #15
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

I always move guys down. Safety to linebacker linebacker to DE De to DT BUT, they have to have a reasonable size in relation to the position I'm moving them to.

FS 6 foot 2 around 220 move down LB. LB 6 foot 3 or 4 245 move down to DE. DE 6 foot 5 265 move down to DT.

I only move in the freshman year and let them develop there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
Is it fair? Sure it is. It's legal in the game isn't it? And you're not actually manipulating the guy's ratings, right?
And what's to stop the other players in your OD from doing the exact same thing to compensate for your advantage? If you all had the same advantage, no one would have the advantage.

Now what would be less fair is switching your backup punter to linebacker and jacking up his ratings yourself.
We don't touch ratings and we all agree to the same house rules thus if I do this everyone will do the same. We are really good friends in real life that have played this game for years and we both adhere to house rules.

The only other house rule that we for sure are putting in thus far is no putting WR in at TE. That has broken the game for as many years as I have played it because the CPU will assign a LB to him and its bye-bye TD. I tested this the other day and found the same thing again so that position switch whether intentional or unintentional due to audible is ruled out. The FS to LB one however is being debated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »