Home

Moving guys to different positions

This is a discussion on Moving guys to different positions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2013, 07:09 PM   #17
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Moving guys to different positions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
We don't touch ratings and we all agree to the same house rules thus if I do this everyone will do the same. We are really good friends in real life that have played this game for years and we both adhere to house rules.

The only other house rule that we for sure are putting in thus far is no putting WR in at TE. That has broken the game for as many years as I have played it because the CPU will assign a LB to him and its bye-bye TD. I tested this the other day and found the same thing again so that position switch whether intentional or unintentional due to audible is ruled out. The FS to LB one however is being debated.

Let's suppose this scenario for a second.

Your OD decides not to adopt this rule.
You switch a speedy safety to linebacker in an attempt to gain pass rush.
And let's say you gain an appreciable defensive advantage with this.

Is there a way to counter this (bringing in an extra TE, sending your RB to block, different formations, etc)? Or is this a legitimate glitch?

If it's the former, then I don't see a problem with it; you're in fact making the game more realistic for your group by introducing new variables for them to account for. Also, they would be free to do the same thing to you. So the net advantage to be gained here may be small.

IF this is a legit glitch (meaning the safety busts through almost all the time and concusses the QB) then this rule might be reasonable.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #18
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

I see no problem moving players, a lot of players change position. Jovan Stevenson at OSU was a RB and he switched to CB last year
Old 07-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
Let's suppose this scenario for a second.

Your OD decides not to adopt this rule.
You switch a speedy safety to linebacker in an attempt to gain pass rush.
And let's say you gain an appreciable defensive advantage with this.

Is there a way to counter this (bringing in an extra TE, sending your RB to block, different formations, etc)? Or is this a legitimate glitch?

If it's the former, then I don't see a problem with it; you're in fact making the game more realistic for your group by introducing new variables for them to account for. Also, they would be free to do the same thing to you. So the net advantage to be gained here may be small.

IF this is a legit glitch (meaning the safety busts through almost all the time and concusses the QB) then this rule might be reasonable.
We are going to move forward with LBs and TEs have to be LBs and TEs. Thus no athletes can be converted to these positions.

The problem is that getting 10+ sacks in a game with a FS at LB is a real possibility and that just isn't good for anyone.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

How does your FS/LB hold up in rush defense?
Old 07-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #21
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Until the gameplay of NCAA football completely emulates real life, giving real life examples of players changing positions doesn't mean a damn thing. The thread isn't asking if players ever change positions, its asking how to make it fair to change positions, because in this game it can easily be abused.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #22
Rookie

carthagebaseball's Arena

OVR: 2

In my online family dynasty, my brother and I noticed that after switching FS/SS to LB's, the players took a hit to their speed ratings when we started the season. At least we believe they did. We really were not looking at the speed ratings until after the season started and when cycyling through our respective teams formation depth charts I noticed the speed rating had taken a dip.

This second year we are going to pay close attention to this detail to make sure it wasn't us just thinking it happened.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
In years past we had a house rule in my ODs that you could not move a guy out of his natural position. Example would be not allowed to make really fast FS into a LB because the speed that you can get to the QB is too fast for the CPU and you end up with too many sacks. This year with the running game improvement (years past the CPU couldn't run at all) there seems to be a little bit of a penalty for putting a DB at LB but still wondering if it is cheesy to do that.

What do you all think? What rules do you apply?
I have no problem with this because when you run the ball a half decent O-Line will pancake all of them. The only saving grace is run commit... Which the O-linemen will still pick up. Coupled with the pop warner NCAA 14 defense, the person who switches them up is in for a very long game.

I don't necessarily consider this cheating because there are packages where you can put safety at lb and lb on d-line. Hate to break it to you, but there is even an OFFENSIVE package that has the substitution "WR for TE".
Old 07-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Until the gameplay of NCAA football completely emulates real life, giving real life examples of players changing positions doesn't mean a damn thing. The thread isn't asking if players ever change positions, its asking how to make it fair to change positions, because in this game it can easily be abused.
Exactly! You hit it on the nail. In real life the other team would try to exploit this as much as possible. However, the CPU hardly changes his game plan if at all when you do something like this. You could put 4 CBs on the D-Line and the CPU would not try to run on every play which IS what would happen in real life.

To be honest I am going back and forth on this. The defense is so broke this year that the only thing the human user can really control is the pass rush. This is most effectively done by rushing with SPEED into the backfield and diving at the QB. Teams with super fast LBs are now FAAAAAAAAAAAAAR better than teams with slower LBs which is pretty lame. However, moving stud FS to LB creates issues of getting MASSIVE number of sacks with little down side.

What are the rest of you doing? Surely we are not the only OD contemplating this issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »