Home

What is your pass defense ranking???

This is a discussion on What is your pass defense ranking??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #49
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: What is your pass defense ranking???

Pass D is 11th with and Run D is 1st a second year UNCC teambuilder team, in C-USA we play some pretty crap team regularly so that helps. I usually try to add 1-2 big conference teams to my schedule, but even against those big teams my pass D is pretty good for 1-2 quarters if I have a small lead(1-10 points) or playing from behind; if I get a lead bigger than 14 the game goes into "I will score at will mode" a start connecting on ridiculous pass attempts or breaking insane amounts of tackles or my DBs and LBs go completely stupid and won't track the ball on the ground or in the air and allow huge pick ups. Last game I played K-State and they gained 76 yds of total offense in the whole first half and then gained 163 pass yds in 3 possessions in the 3rd alone. I ended up rage quitting up by 28 in 4th when the cpu caught a ball in triple coverage(when no DB attempted to make a play on the ball), break a tackle in mid air and proceed to run 68 yards while breaking 3 more tackle on the way to a TD. Like one dude said the cpu WILL score when it wants to.

Last edited by nova91; 09-04-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 0

You are not alooooooone I am here with youuuuuuuu/MJ

This is a thing. If you sim games it happens. Rush D is sick, Pass D is terrible.

In my personal experience if I play the games out it's no different. I can shut down the CPU rush too easily. They rarely break 50 and even more rarely break 100 but they might pass for 400+ on me. Their guys just always find a way to get open whether it's obliterating my press for a fly route score or picking up big chunks of yards on a screen where my defenders magnetize themselves toward offensive blockers it's just hard to stop the pass. Not to mention it seems teams pass 40-50 times per game nearly every game.

So yes. This is definitely a thing. It's not just you.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 5

For me it varies. My guys can't stop an out or flag route unless the qb throws a bad pass and that is rare (no matter the ratings). Zone isn't completely useless but it still isn't very good (it's especially problematic if the qb runs). I've noticed bump and run coverage is better in this game as it used to be my supposedly shut down coverage would whiff about half the time and allow the receiver to get wide open. The other issue I see is when I hit the qb and he gets the ball off he still manages to complete the pass downfield almost every time. There are still those times where my corner has the receiver completely locked down then the qb scrambles, throws, then the receiver explodes on the break getting open as my corner develops stone feet. To me the biggest issue is slot receivers and tight ends, the game seems incapable of effectively covering them. Also, I do well against FBS opponents, no matter what, but my corners can't seem to stop FCS opponents. The key in pass coverage is to throw in zone occasionally, play lots of man coverage, get sacks, and pray the AI doesn't run out or flag routes with their slot receivers/tight ends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #52
Pro

Xero Theory 42's Arena

OVR: 5

Im in year 6 with oregon, 97 defense rating, have 3 guys who are finalists for the Thorpe and my pass defense ranking is LAST. it's insanely hard to stop the pass, or the CPU gets too lucky.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #53
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9

I can make my pass defense up near the 30's sometimes. Playing on Heisman turns even the weakest teams/Qb's into a offensive juggernaut even if you're team has top defensive players.

Kind of ruins the game when you can't shut down even the weak teams like it would happen in real life. I mean I don't mind a challenge but when they make you're Db's borderline ******** that is just lame
Old 09-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero Theory 42
Im in year 6 with oregon, 97 defense rating, have 3 guys who are finalists for the Thorpe and my pass defense ranking is LAST. it's insanely hard to stop the pass, or the CPU gets too lucky.
It's not a matter of luck. It's because out routes, corner routes, slants, and dig routes are impossible to stop with any consistency. You could be covering a TE rated 65 with a CB rated 99 and your CB will still get beat consistently because when the receiver makes his break the defender will rarely react properly. The best way to stop the pass is to bring heavy pressure and do it often. You'll leave yourself vulnerable, but at least you have a shot at either getting the sack or causing the QB to throw a bad pass. And leaving yourself vulnerable in coverage isn't a big deal anyway since there are multiple routes that are money for the CPU against any coverage.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #55
Pro

Speedy_Bronco's Arena

OVR: 7

Right now with the Arkansas Razorbacks and a 90 defense rating, I'm 9th in pass D, and number 2 in run D.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #56
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

Well what I've learned here is:

a) for the most part, the pass D is broken. there are exceptions (as always), but on the whole, it's screwed up and will likely not be fixed. ever.

b) there are those that still don't believe the CPU will score when it wants to, no matter what. these people also probably watch fox news.

My biggest 'easy fix' issue is when the CPU goes 5 WR, would it be that hard to jog the SS over a WR??? The FS will do it every time, but for some reason, the CPU insists on keeping the SS in the middle of the field, no matter what. It's an easy, automatic pre-play thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »