Home

Is the read option cheese?

This is a discussion on Is the read option cheese? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is the Read option a cheese play?
Yes, it is 24 24.49%
No, it is not 74 75.51%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2013, 12:03 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is the read option cheese?

In other threads, a lot of guys were saying it was.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Before the patch it was absurdly broken. After the patch it is moderately broken.

The run blocking ability of offensive linemen and the shedding ability of defensive linemen are completely diferent between normal run plays and option run plays. They purposely programmed defenders to suck at stopping the read option.

I won the Heisman with a qb at Rice who had 85 speed running the pistol. Its child's play on any difficulty.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #35
Rookie

skundy's Arena

OVR: 1

85 spd at QB is killer for sure. What diff settings were you using? Sounds to me like maybe you need a good slider set to slow your roll.

-Know yourself-you win 50% of the time.
-Know your opponent-you win 50% of the time.
-Know yourself and your opponent- 100%Pwng
The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #36
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
That's a terrible example. I can't imagine you could run much option inThe NFL because the freakish LBs are way too big, fast, and strong and would murder running QBs.

Kaepernick, Wilson and RG3 would all disagree.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:46 AM   #37
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Kaepernick, Wilson and RG3 would all disagree.
I haven't watched an NFL game in over a decade, but I'm pretty sure I've seen pictures of RG3 with a huge knee brace at the end of the season because he ripped his knee up.

It sounds like you're saying that he ran a lot of option last year so I reiterate:

Quote:
I can't imagine you could run much option in the NFL because the freakish LBs are way too big, fast, and strong and would murder running QBs.
I have no clue if those other QBs got hurt, but if not, then adding RG3 to your list was a terrible move on your part as he completely supports my argument.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-17-2013, 01:14 AM   #38
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
I haven't watched an NFL game in over a decade, but I'm pretty sure I've seen pictures of RG3 with a huge knee brace at the end of the season because he ripped his knee up.

It sounds like you're saying that he ran a lot of option last year so I reiterate:

I have no clue if those other QBs got hurt, but if not, then adding RG3 to your list was a terrible move on your part as he completely supports my argument.
Rg3 still made it to the playoffs and those other guys did pretty damn good. With the right players of course the option can work in the nfl.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #39
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

I run a read-option offense in my coach mode offline dynasty. I have the most trouble with teams that blitz a lot. If the end commits to the RB and a linebacker blitzes the outside (scrape exchange, if you will), I don't stand a chance. But if they sit back and don't blitz the outside, I have a field day. There are games when my QB had 25 carries for 150 yards, and there are games when he has 15 carries for 35 yards and have to rely more on regular running plays and play-action passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »