Home

EA Sports Will Not Publish College Football Game Next Year, Future Plans in Doubt

This is a discussion on EA Sports Will Not Publish College Football Game Next Year, Future Plans in Doubt within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #81
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: EA Sports Will Not Publish College Football Game Next Year, Future Plans in Doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
A few articles have implied that cancelling the game was part of the settlement.
That would imply that any future college game in any sport is DOA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #82
Rookie

B5KoshYou's Arena

OVR: 2
I was shocked it took them this long to come to this conclusion.

Team Builder is about to become a lot more popular on the website.

NCAA 14 is a very good game and as long as they keep the servers turned on for Team Builder, Ultimate Team and Online Dynasty this could be just fine for a couple years. But that might depend on the terms of the 'settlement' with the players.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #83
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Sports Will Not Publish College Football Game Next Year, Future Plans in Doubt

I'm shocked. Shocked EA would accept a settlement that meant the end of the game. The game was still making a profit if not a small one.

I still dont think this is the end of the series. They will just wait until the NCAA settles its end of the suit before proceeding. I cant see a publisher leaving a profitable series on the shelf if the suit gets settled.

Finally, the settlement just screwed future players over if this is the end of the series. Instead of negotiating a royalty for future players to receive, Obannon and the former players took the money and ran.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #84
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Finally, the settlement just screwed future players over if this is the end of the series. Instead of negotiating a royalty for future players to receive, Obannon and the former players took the money and ran.
That's not surprising to me. Those guys were never really concerned with current or future collegiate student-athletes. It's been all about them from the jump, even if they've said otherwise publicly.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think it would be great if they released this game on PS4 so I wouldn't have to keep my PS3 just for this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #86
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: BREAKING: EA Sports will NOT publish an NCAA College Football game next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Maybe just maybe since this is the last ncaa game for the foreseeable future, they will give us the facemasks we wanted and anything else as a gratitude to us the ones who bout the game year after year.
And dreads. We need more dread styles.

[/sarcasm alert]
Old 09-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #87
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
I still dont think this is the end of the series. They will just wait until the NCAA settles its end of the suit before proceeding. I cant see a publisher leaving a profitable series on the shelf if the suit gets settled.
That would seem to imply then that it was a settlement term, and their lawyers figured that it was better to settle using that as a term than to carry on and ultimately lose.

Quote:
I'm not sure O'Bannon et al. give a damn about anyone else.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #88
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

It's sad how greed is the real reason why this is being shut down.

O'Bannon, the lawyers, and anyone else involved in the lawsuits can take a flying leap.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »