Home

Dynasty House Rule Ideas

This is a discussion on Dynasty House Rule Ideas within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2015, 02:06 PM   #137
Rookie

sXeInYoFace's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Dynasty House Rule Ideas

anyone have any lowered stamina edits they do to get more depth players involved?
Old 08-28-2015, 03:40 PM   #138
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

All my players get -15 to stamina, except QB. I like getting lots of subs, although -10 or -5 would probably be better/more realistic.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 08-28-2015, 05:20 PM   #139
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Dynasty House Rule Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXeInYoFace
anyone have any lowered stamina edits they do to get more depth players involved?

I don't edit stamina, but I run a no huddle offense. I go 6-7 deep @wr, 2 deep @ te, 3-4 deep @ HB, and 2 deep @ all 5 OL positions.

I use formation subs to rotate my front 7 and top 3 Cbs on D.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-30-2015, 12:20 PM   #140
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

RECRUITING RULES: Updated House Rules (8/2015)
LIMITS
Three Visits
I can only schedule three visit all year long. This will be a very tough decision on which recruits will be the ones who gets to visit my campus. This makes late season recruiting get very interesting when battling with a couple schools for a kid as they might jump +700 points in a single week and I do not have a good way to make up the difference.
No Scouting
I can not scout any of the prospects that are on my board. Recruiting is to easy for me because I can easily find the best of what I can get to sign with my program without any issue and get those guys on campus. To combat this I will not scout any prospects. Once a kid commits to my program I can then scout him to see what I've got, those Gems and Busts titles are now going to carry a lot more meaning and impact since I will be stuck with these kids. This does add a "kid at Christmas morning" feel to when I get the message that a kid has signed with my program because then I get to go and find out what I really just signed.
No Kitchen Sink
No upgrading the kitchen sink skill. I have a max of 500 points per week than I can spend on a recruit. Once you get above that 500 level you can really just cherry pick who you want, this keeps that from becoming such an issue.
Class Size Limits
I have decided to change to a tiered system determine how many recruits I can sign.

1* can sign 12 players
2* can sign 11 players
3* and 4* can sign 10 players
5* can sign 9
6* can sign 8

Every season the computer will always assign extra players to my team on signing day so I will try to take advantage of this and make the game harder by only recruiting the limits listed above myself and then the rest of the class will comprise of the players the computer assigns to my team on signing day. It is very rare to see teams ranked in the top 5 year in and year out in real life but easy to accomplish in this game. I am hoping this will make it much harder to sustain major success. Also this is not just how many I can sign, but how many I can have on my board at and given time.

REGIONAL RESTRICTIONS
Pipelines
After playing for a while I have noticed the NCAA 2014 gives you the ability to recruit Nationally very easy. In real life your pipelines and home state are very important to recruiting and few programs easily recruit nationally. To bring this game back better in line with real life I am implementing the following. I only get to have two pipeline states a year were I can recruit any player from pipeline states. The player can't be higher than my team prestige unless we start out as their top school.
Note: Coastal/Border school defined as any school within 170 miles of the border or coast line.

Local (1*)
Can only recruit from our home state.

Close to Home (2*)
I can only recruit my home state, pipelines and states that are within a
65 miles of my campus. 110 miles if coastal\US border school.

Regional (3*)
135 miles of my campus. 220 miles if coastal\US border school.

Regional (4*)
265 miles of my campus. 440 miles if coastal\US border school.

National (5*)
530 miles of my campus. 880 miles if coastal\US border school.

National (6*)
630 miles of my campus. 1050 miles if coastal\US border school.

INTEREST RESTRICTIONS
In State
I can recruit any players in my schools home state.
Pipeline States
I can recruit any player from pipeline states. The player can't be higher than my team prestige unless we start out as their top school.
Regional & National States
I can only recruit players who I start off in there top 10. The player can't be higher than my team prestige unless we start out as their top school. I must be in the recruits starting Top 10 to be able to recruit them. I look at this as these are players that my coaching staff has been recruiting since their sophomore and junior year in high school. We have already identified these kids as who we want in our program and now we are just narrowing down who we are going to bring on campus.
Three Outsiders
I can only recruit players who I start off in there top 10. The player can't be higher than my team prestige unless we start out as their top school. This will allow me to try and build new pipelines but with it only being three players a year it will take multiple years to establish those pipelines.

Tools for figuring out distances
School List
Radius Tool

OTHER RESTRICTIONS:
Players Leaving Early
I can only try and convince one player a year to not leave early or transfer to another school.

Yearly AWR Adjustments
Another problem with this game is that human player progression is far quicker than the computer. It is not uncommon to see a human player progress +15 AWR points in the course of a season. This makes the game very easy if you do a sim/play setup like I do. To fix this I reset all returning players, who's AWR is greater than 76, back to 76 during the preseason.

Coaching Contracts
I must complete a minimum of 50% of the length of any Head Coaching contract I sign.

SOS
Strength of Schedule must be an A difficulty. This makes things much harder than picking up four wins against cup cakes every year in non conference play. If playing as a non power 5 school I will schedule two games where I am seen as a rent a win for the computer and two manageable game as it is impossible to get A level schedule difficulty playing in a non power 5 conference.

Coaching Progression Speed
This needs to be set to the slowest speed. You must do this when you set up the dynasty, you will not be able to change this once you have started the dynasty!

Quick Sheet
Old 08-30-2015, 01:00 PM   #141
Rookie

Back into ncaa and picked up my OC dynasty at wyoming. Quick question for people that are still coordinators....how do yall supersim? Skip til on field, sim each play, or watch the play? In my experience, simming each play seems to play more true. If I skip til on field it seems like my D plays alot more stout.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2015, 12:02 AM   #142
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
These are the injury simulation I do same as in NCAA 13. It adds great challenge and immersion because I have to depend on depth. It also balances out so QB get less injured but there is much better distribution of injuries across positions.

Here is the final system I am using in dynasty. I considered editing ratings but offensive linemen never get injured (even with injury rating 0). So here goes.

From this article (http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2010/7/...-groups-suffer) it appears running backs are by far the most injury prone position. Other positions are pretty similar and QBs don't get injured as often as in the game. So my system is

Before the game (I don't do this for bowl games), for each starter:

1) Generate random number between 1-100 (http://www.random.org/)

2a) For RB or dual-thread QB if <= 10 -> injury (see below for durations)

2b) For other starters if <= 5 -> injury

Crunching the math this means on average about 1.15 players per game get "injured". So you will see about 2-4 players on average injured at any given time.

3) If the player is injured (random number <= 10 for RB or <= 5 for others)

3b) Generate second random number between 1-100

1-40 => 1 week
41-55 => 2 weeks
56-70 => 3 weeks
71-75 => 4 weeks
76-80 => 5 weeks
81-85 => 6 weeks
86-100 => season-ending

3c) Optionally: For season-ending guys, flip a coin so 1/2 the time they can play in the bowl game.

This way you will get a good distribution of short term injuries with the occasional season ender. You can expect 1-2 season ending injuries per season.

This process only takes a minute after you get the hang of it and adds great immersion.
If anyone is interested I have updated my procedure for generating injuries. The process is simple and only takes a couple of minutes before each week.

I did more research on injury rates. These two articles give real numbers for NFL injury rates.
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...i-overall-view
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...ation-position

The surprising fact is that injury rates don't vary much based on position (except for kickers). A player has a 40% chance of missing at least 1 week with an injury. This means that 60% of players don't miss any time with injuries in a season. Adjusting for a 12 game season, this means that
.96^12 = 61%, so a player has a 4% chance of getting injured each week.

I do this process before each week (except for bowl games)

1) For each starter, generate random number Y between 1-100
refresh this page to get 22 numbers:
https://www.random.org/integers/?num...t=html&rnd=new

2) If Y <= 4 -> injury (see step 3 for duration)

3) If the player is injured, then generate second random number between 1-100

1 week 40% 1-40
2 weeks 15% 41-55
3 weeks 10% 56-65
4 weeks 7% 66-72
5 weeks 5% 73-77
6 weeks 5% 78-82
7 weeks 3% 83-85
8 weeks 3% 86-88
9 weeks 2% 89-90
10 weeks 2% 91-92
11 weeks 1% 93-93
12 weeks 1% 94-94
season 6% 95-100

4) Optionally: For season-ending injuries, flip a coin so 1/2 of the time they can play in the bowl game.

Last edited by Isura; 12-08-2015 at 09:37 PM.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:46 AM   #143
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

Dynasty house rules I'm trying out for recruiting on ncaa 14.
Max 14 players on my board at a time. Can only sign a total of 14.
Can only commit max 500 points per player per week.
No scouting till signed.
Can only complete amount of visits as team prestige.
Recruit must be in top 10 to approach. Exception being. I'm allowed to approach as many non top 10 recruits as team prestige. If approached. And then taken off board. Cannot approach a new non top 10 player.

Hopefully this will help with stacking a team to quick. And also reward my team for becoming a stronger national power.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2015, 07:58 AM   #144
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

Tons of interesting rules here. I'm just starting to experiment with it to freshen the game. Just a couple of mine so far:

#1)kicking is easy...always will be. My kickers power can be 75 max. Accuracy doesn't matter. With less power a 40 yard fg isn't a gimmie anymore

#2) I have a no huddle offense with read option run. if my qb gets to orange. I must burn a timeout so he can recover. this makes me limit how many read options j run, and how many keepers I run. II toy with it too, like if the qb is fatigued I have to run till he recovers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »