Home

Do you/should I use the persuade option to get players to stay??

This is a discussion on Do you/should I use the persuade option to get players to stay?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2015, 01:55 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Do you/should I use the persuade option to get players to stay??

Seems like it's impossible to get transfers to stay and 100% to get early draftees to stay

Also I see guys wanting to turn pro to be 7th rounders
Old 01-16-2015, 09:40 PM   #10
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
Seems like it's impossible to get transfers to stay and 100% to get early draftees to stay

Also I see guys wanting to turn pro to be 7th rounders
It happens in real life where guys leave early but end up as late day 3 picks. When it occurs in the game I just view it as the kid needed to help his family or failed some classes. I like having guys leave that I didn't plan for.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:24 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycodmn
I base it on stats, not so much over. For instance, I had a 91ovr HB prepared to declare, but he'd only rushed for 1,000yd, w/ maybe 5TD. Not the greatest season, and his career numbers weren't great either. I kept him.
He was turning pro so he could afford his mother's cancer treatments! His mom died! Sometimes there are other factors besides just draft stock.

For me its a case by case basis. If my team is a powerhouse, where I've got a stable full of stud recruits waiting and will have to cut some worthy ones if I retain a veteran, I will let them go. If I've got more guys coming in than graduating or leaving for the draft, I let them go. If a talented upcoming senior has never started because the guy who wants to jump early has always been ahead of him, I'll let the second guy walk.

In my dynasty that ended up at Penn State I let most of my guys walk. At Utah State I am just now getting players good enough to think about jumping early. I'll probably try and keep most of them because it's a lot harder to recruit there. I have only even had a few guys drafted so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2015, 02:53 PM   #12
MVP

mjavon's Arena

I never try to persuade any transfers or draft declarees mainly because it doesn't happen enough. It's annoying enough that every starter/award candidate is a SR(RS) 5+ years into a dynasty because hardly any underclassmen ever go pro.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:45 PM   #13
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
It's annoying enough that every starter/award candidate is a SR(RS) 5+ years into a dynasty because hardly any underclassmen ever go pro.
Are you exaggerating, or is that really what you're seeing in your dynasty? I recently finished up 2023 in my latest dynasty and here is the class breakdown of the award winners:

Heisman: SO(RS)
SRs: 8
JRs: 4
SOs: 5

So in my last completed season, SRs won less than half of the awards (with the previously mentioned SO winning the Heisman).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 01-17-2015, 08:49 PM   #14
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Are you exaggerating, or is that really what you're seeing in your dynasty? I recently finished up 2023 in my latest dynasty and here is the class breakdown of the award winners:

Heisman: SO(RS)
SRs: 8
JRs: 4
SOs: 5

So in my last completed season, SRs won less than half of the awards (with the previously mentioned SO winning the Heisman).
Typically, yeah. I haven't made it quite as far as 2023, and I have a bit of a habit of restarting a dynasty after 4-5 years but that is what I'd typically see. Pretty much every starter on every team is either a JR(RS), SR or SR(RS)
Old 01-18-2015, 09:39 PM   #15
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
Typically, yeah. I haven't made it quite as far as 2023, and I have a bit of a habit of restarting a dynasty after 4-5 years but that is what I'd typically see. Pretty much every starter on every team is either a JR(RS), SR or SR(RS)
It sounds like this is because you usually don't get past the default rosters, which are pretty inflated compared to rosters made up solely of recruited players (so 4 or 5 years in, the SRs are from the default roster).

I just finished 2024 and another SO won the Heisman (HB from Vandy). Only 6 SRs won any of the 17 awards.
  • SR(RS) QB won Maxwell
  • SR QB won O'Brien
  • SR(RS) C won Outland
  • Same SR(RS) C won Rimington
  • My SR K won Groza
  • SR(RS) CB won Best Ret
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2015, 02:30 PM   #16
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycodmn
I base it on stats, not so much over. For instance, I had a 91ovr HB prepared to declare, but he'd only rushed for 1,000yd, w/ maybe 5TD. Not the greatest season, and his career numbers weren't great either. I kept him.
See Braylon Heard. Kid hasnt done any thing in his 3 years of college ball. He just declared after his Jr year. I dont think he has rushed for 600 yards total in 3 yrs.

I for the most part let guys leave. I just wish I could get more transfers to come to me. Although after my 1st season with MTSU I have a Freshman DT transfering to me that will be #1 or 2 on my Depth chart in year 3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »