Home

The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread

This is a discussion on The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2016, 03:42 PM   #81
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor1234
one thing i like to do to help keep the game fresh is to make my QB play like a realistic counterpart. what i mean is i take his awareness and use it to determine how much leeway he gets in terms of audibling. this is the chart i use
AWARENESSRESPONSIBILITY
0-64ONLY BLOCKING
65-70MOTION
71-75FLIP PLAY
76-80HOT ROUTE
81-99AUDIBLE

the higher the awareness the more he is allowed to do.
this is fantastic. about to start my own dynasty and will absolutely incorporate this. been looking for a good set of house rules

#GoPackGo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2016, 04:59 PM   #82

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

I will also be adding in the awareness rule for quarterbacks this coming offseason. Fantastic stuff!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 08-19-2016, 10:25 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I like that AWR responsibility chart. Might use that when I start playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2016, 02:33 AM   #84
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

I think I will be implying the QB awareness rule as well, I like it.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-20-2016, 02:42 AM   #85
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Took the plunge and bought the digital version from the marketplace. 33% complete and should be ready by the time I get up later this morning!

Been needing some college football badly. Definitely will make me forego my purchase of M17 at the moment and give my PS4 a break.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2016, 07:47 AM   #86
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Took the plunge and bought the digital version from the marketplace. 33% complete and should be ready by the time I get up later this morning!

Been needing some college football badly. Definitely will make me forego my purchase of M17 at the moment and give my PS4 a break.

Does anyone else prefer the digital version to a disc? Seems like the PS3 has to labor at times to spin up the disc and play. I'm thinking of trying to sell and just buy the digital version to store on my HD

#GoPackGo
Old 08-20-2016, 09:33 AM   #87
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

I just went digital because it was cheaper than what GameStop is selling the disc for and it saved me a trip. It's my 1st time going digital. Got it saved on the 8GB Flash Drive that the guy gave me with the Xbox

Old 08-20-2016, 11:46 AM   #88
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

OVR: 0

Great thread, the first few post were so poetic that I almost teared up lol.. I wanted to add my 2 cents just because Im apart of the 5 million man community who is still waiting for EA to surprise us.. To be honest I would even be satisfied with NCAA 14.5 with updated uniforms stadiums and a playoff and everything else the same just as a token of appreciation to all of us loyal fans

Cent #1
Im a huge college football fan which is the real reason Ive played this game and even the older ones sometimes for so many years.. My brother bought a PS2 just to play old games and yesterday we finally linked up and played Game Breaker 2004 haha. He won 34-28 with FSU over Miami ONLY because he got the buttons down faster. But anyways I've always felt like college football was the best sport for a video game because 1) the season is shorter so you get to see the turnover in players faster and 2) this is the only sport that 1 loss kills your dream. NBA you have 82 games and 7 game series, NFL has 16 and a 12 team playoff, college basketball you have 30+ games and March Madness, baseball has a million games, idk about soccer, but then theres NCAA football where you cant afford to take a game off, you cant afford to slip up against your biggest rivalry or take a week off against a weaker team who has been planning for you since the summer, its just the sport where every game is magnified and if you do lose all you can think about is wishing you could play it over. You have to prove yourself every week and I think we all love that aspect along with the traditions and rivalries and everything else

Cent #2
The customization in this game is the best part, its almost like they knew it was the last one because they gave us alot to work with. It has its flaws for sure, I could give a good $2 worth if I wanted to, but for the most part the people who want the arcade experience can have it and the people who want the college football experience can have that too. I started the first 2 years of the game trying to perfect sliders and get the closest thing to college football as I could. Since then Ive been into Online Dynasty play and Im mad I missed out on that for so long because the one Im in now is as sim as it gets as far as the guys that are in it. We have our basic "house rules" for things but the customization is what allowed me to get this league to where it is. For example the coaching tree, everybody knows that recruiting is too easy on here so what I decided to do was make a base tree for everybody and we never touch it. The "in game" side of the tree stays at zero (because if the game is easy as it is why boost your players) and the recruiting side is strategically set up so that 1) if you REALLY want to know how good a guy is you have to scout him a few times, which to me is like going to more than game or doing more than watching just 1 film 2) the points max out at 550 so if you want to steal a player from someone it makes the factors that the recruit cares about matter alot more (like close to home or playing time)... all of that has worked for us along with 2 other small rules and that only possible because it gives us that customization rather than making you add points on your own as time went on or applying them for you. That along with team builder and all the player customization and slider options have pretty much allowed everyone to have the experience they want.

I've never been the type of guy who can go undefeated and be happy, I need a challenge.. Even the Alabama's in history were challenged and fell at some point so my goal for this game is to have sliders that are challenging even at the top and recruiting challenging so its not guaranteed that I'll stay at the top. It took 3 years but I finally got it and in my Online Dynasty on here we're in year 4 and nobody has even made it to the ship yet let alone won one. Thats what Ive been shooting for since NCAA 2005 and I finally got it. We all go into every game HOPING we win rather than hoping we can get everybody some good stats before we put in the backups and milk the clock against our toughest rivalry... completely different game experience. Ive taken 4 verts and the read option offense out of my playbook for a more consistent challenge but besides that the slider set I made finally gave me what Ive wanted forever

*side note: whoever the guy is who came up with the QB awareness idea is a genius, why is that not in the game???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »