Home

The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread

This is a discussion on The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2016, 06:09 PM   #89
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread

I actually got the QB awareness idea from ncaa football 12 I did a road to glory as a QB and it didn't let me make audibles and changes until I gained the coaches trust. and I thought that it would be kinda cool to add to my dynasties a way for the QB to earn trust from the coach. and I always tried to coach like in real life if I have a QB with no experience I would "dumb down" the playbook for him. and I thought this would help me keep it a little more consistent on what they are allowed to do. glad you guys like my idea.
Old 08-20-2016, 06:14 PM   #90
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor1234
I actually got the QB awareness idea from ncaa football 12 I did a road to glory as a QB and it didn't let me make audibles and changes until I gained the coaches trust. and I thought that it would be kinda cool to add to my dynasties a way for the QB to earn trust from the coach. and I always tried to coach like in real life if I have a QB with no experience I would "dumb down" the playbook for him. and I thought this would help me keep it a little more consistent on what they are allowed to do. glad you guys like my idea.

that should be in all football games bro, that adds to the risk/reward of playing inexperienced guys over older guys who might not be as talented.. NFL too thats a real good idea, its logical and practical
Old 08-20-2016, 07:49 PM   #91
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

The digital is really playing well from the flash drive that I downloaded it to. I only got the 360 for NCAA anyway so that 8GB flash should suffice. I am considering getting the 250GB internal HD though. Or, I'll get like a 64GB flash drive and format it for Xbox use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2016, 08:00 PM   #92
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Another reason I found that I love this game.

controls
I love the simplicity of the controls for this game. Even if I don't play for months, I can pick it up and play. I may have to look up 1-2 things like a pump fake or throw away, but overall its easy to jump back in. The hardest part is working on timing/angles, but controls are easy.

I recently bought NBA 2k16. Good lord, there are so many different moves/button combinations. I'm not a frequent gamer other than football games, so having 5-6 "special move" combos if you will is a bit overwhelming. I can't pick it up, and it quickly made it so I don't like the game.

Even Madden is starting to dive into more complex controls. I'll see whats new on M17

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-20-2016, 09:16 PM   #93
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Totally forgot I had a 1TB external drive that I've never used! Jackpot!

Old 08-21-2016, 09:08 AM   #94
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEJunior
that should be in all football games bro, that adds to the risk/reward of playing inexperienced guys over older guys who might not be as talented.. NFL too thats a real good idea, its logical and practical

I wish they would bring back the QB vision cone. I know some ppl hated it but it was my favorite feature ever. it added so much more in-play strategy on offense and defense, plus it FINALLY produced differentiation between good QBs and bad QBs. seriously was the best feature ever.

when you've got Peyton Manning with the entire field of vision, you can throw it anywhere and it's impossible to lock in on a WR from the defensive side. compare that to Kyle boller who has a tiny field of vision, either you have to make pre-determined quick throws that are more predictable, or take an extra split second to find your guy and deliver the ball.

in terms of implementation, I think they added one button push too many, but if you were to just used the right stick it worked amazing.

#GoPackGo
Old 08-21-2016, 09:33 AM   #95
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
I wish they would bring back the QB vision cone. I know some ppl hated it but it was my favorite feature ever. it added so much more in-play strategy on offense and defense, plus it FINALLY produced differentiation between good QBs and bad QBs. seriously was the best feature ever.

when you've got Peyton Manning with the entire field of vision, you can throw it anywhere and it's impossible to lock in on a WR from the defensive side. compare that to Kyle boller who has a tiny field of vision, either you have to make pre-determined quick throws that are more predictable, or take an extra split second to find your guy and deliver the ball.

in terms of implementation, I think they added one button push too many, but if you were to just used the right stick it worked amazing.

I remember that being on madden but I didnt play it enough to get the hang of it. I didnt like using the analog stick because it just seemed like too much at once, EA was always good for having simple controls. Idk if there was a second option or not but if you just had to push the receivers button to look at him before you threw it and the cone showed what you pushed I think thats a better way to do it and should be brought back.

The Gods eye view of everything makes the QBs ratings less relevant but with the way the game is now thats probably the best counter for the guys who scramble all the time.. limiting your vision when you're on the run and taking that extra second to lock on to a receiver would benefit the users who actually make reads and a reason to pick pocket passers over scramblers because right now there's really not one
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 04:36 AM   #96
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

On topic, I think the reason I still love NCAA and college ball in general is the 3 kids that just committed to my Akron team. I use a rule that I can't recruit more than 1-star above my team's prestige so those 3 commits aren't great players. There's just something about bringing in new talent that way as opposed to the pros where a lot of times all it takes is the right dollar amount.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »