Home

Finally getting bored. How do I make the game fun again?

This is a discussion on Finally getting bored. How do I make the game fun again? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2020, 11:14 AM   #33
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Finally getting bored. How do I make the game fun again?

Create your own NCAA Universe. If you have experience with the editors you can do as much or as little as you want...kind of in the mold of the Out of the Park Baseball Franchise. If you know how to use the editor:

1) Control the polls. Re-rate the top 25 at the beginning and if by week 9 or 10 you want to "become" the college football playoff committee and re-rank teams based on how they are playing...do it.

2) Customize the CPU teams so that they play and recruit adequately. Just use the editor to set all teams as Users(except the FCS teams because if you do that you won't be able to advance weeks). Go in and set their depth charts, assign playbooks for them to run, set up their recruiting philosophies so that they will recruit according to play style. Again, as much or as little as you want to do. it's in your hands.

3) Let your coordinators "recruit" for you. In other words let the AI set you recruiting chart and you go with whatever players they choose for you. The only control you have is whether or not to issue out scholarships.

4) If you don't want the AI to recruit for you then during the preseason and once that years recruiting class populates in the game...use the editor and and go in and set every recruits OVR and Pre-Scouted Overall to 40. Then at the end of year recruiting before you advance into the off-season, set them back to what they were originally. That way you don't rely on overalls to influence your choice in recruits.

5) Custom Playbooks!!! Especially for the AI controlled teams...especially on defense lol!! Get rid of Engage 8 and Corner Blitzes for the AI. Also use custom playbooks for their offense as well and set them up so they run a variety of plays. If you do, my advice is to only have 1 or 2 Zone Reads and maybe 1 HB Screen play max for the AI so that the QB doesn't lead the team in rushing attempts and so they don't throw halfback screens 70% of the time on 3rd down.

There is so much that can be done if you have the time and want to do it.

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 04-07-2020 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:23 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBasil35
What does your roster look like with only 50? I've been trying 65 and I thought that was challenging deciding who to cut.

We are on year 3. So 2 full classes. Its thin. Depth is hard to come by. The more athletes the better. I like the challenge. Im currently redshirting 2 QBs so i have a QB a FS a RB on my depth chart. The other 2 have some ability but it’s the risk i take. Even with hard sliders i believe its the equalizer when playing the CPU

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-07-2020, 03:41 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Create your own NCAA Universe. If you have experience with the editors you can do as much or as little as you want...kind of in the mold of the Out of the Park Baseball Franchise. If you know how to use the editor:

1) Control the polls. Re-rate the top 25 at the beginning and if by week 9 or 10 you want to "become" the college football playoff committee and re-rank teams based on how they are playing...do it.

2) Customize the CPU teams so that they play and recruit adequately. Just use the editor to set all teams as Users(except the FCS teams because if you do that you won't be able to advance weeks). Go in and set their depth charts, assign playbooks for them to run, set up their recruiting philosophies so that they will recruit according to play style. Again, as much or as little as you want to do. it's in your hands.

3) Let your coordinators "recruit" for you. In other words let the AI set you recruiting chart and you go with whatever players they choose for you. The only control you have is whether or not to issue out scholarships.

4) If you don't want the AI to recruit for you then during the preseason and once that years recruiting class populates in the game...use the editor and and go in and set every recruits OVR and Pre-Scouted Overall to 40. Then at the end of year recruiting before you advance into the off-season, set them back to what they were originally. That way you don't rely on overalls to influence your choice in recruits.

5) Custom Playbooks!!! Especially for the AI controlled teams...especially on defense lol!! Get rid of Engage 8 and Corner Blitzes for the AI. Also use custom playbooks for their offense as well and set them up so they run a variety of plays. If you do, my advice is to only have 1 or 2 Zone Reads and maybe 1 HB Screen play max for the AI so that the QB doesn't lead the team in rushing attempts and so they don't throw halfback screens 70% of the time on 3rd down.

There is so much that can be done if you have the time and want to do it.

We imported 12 teambuilders. With that we have 8 conferences that the conference winner plays in one of the “big bowls” we have an “ivy league” and a “military league” and the rest are indys

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2020, 08:57 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
**Rerate the coaches Skill Tree + put coach Development on Slow.

This....I cannot stress this enough. It is the most over looked aspect of this game. You want a challenge? Start off as a 1 star coach, put progression on slow and bump up all the other coaches. Biggest mistake this game made was not making other coaches good enough. Don’t max out other coaches but make coaches like (Saban) 53 and other top coaches +45.

Old 05-04-2020, 10:49 AM   #37
Rookie

FreshBasil35's Arena

Curious if anyone has tried lowering the user sliders down to 0-10 and the CPU to 95+? I've tried several different sliders and still have not found anything challenging enough.
Old 05-05-2020, 01:40 AM   #38
Rookie

- create yourself as a prospect
- sim/watch yourself go through college
- export draft class
- play in Madden for 10 to 15 seasons, depending on position, at the same time, continue to sim NCAA seasons and keep them in sync
- go back to NCAA and make a coach (yourself) and start at a 1 star coordinator after about 15 to 20 years into the dynasty
- you have 40 or so years to make it to your alma mater and win a national championship
Old 05-12-2020, 01:54 PM   #39
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

I didn't read through all the responses, so this is probably covered, but here are some ideas.

-no read option plays (too easy)

-no athlete/scrambling QB's (again, too easy)

-empty coaching trees. THIS IS HUGE. It makes a big difference in the way the game plays (you can still use the recruiting if you like)

-Edit opposing teams before each game. Some more "updated" gear helps a lot, but also check things like awareness. Low awareness QB's make the opposition awful. I often make the QB especially a bit better

-Limit money plays. You can't run any play more than 3-5 times. It forces you to truly open up your playbook. You'll see more realism with some plays that don't work, some work very limited, etc.

-Same goes for defense, force yourself to open the playbook. Find some "big risk/reward" plays where you can get burned, but could also come up with a big loss. Really get strategy into it.

-use a safety on defense (no pass rushing). It's far too easy to be a blitzing linebacker or rushing end, and its way too easy to shut down the run as a user linebacker.

-use new playbooks every couple seasons to avoid settling in (kind of feels like having a new OC)

-I can't remember what sliders I went to. I think I found J-Kit's played the game a bit more real, but was still to easy. I'd have to check.

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »