Home

EA College Football News & Info

This is a discussion on EA College Football News & Info within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2022, 09:02 PM   #105
Rookie

Cam Fan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA College Football News & Info

Floodgates beginning to open...now TCU's AD openingly stating the school is back in AND confirmed the game is coming out next year.

https://twitter.com/JDonati_TCU/stat...00187139657734
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2022, 09:19 PM   #106
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
A great move to not have it on last gen. This game needs to come out polished and creating all kinds of different versions or leaving out features because of that would be bad news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
I think with a those games already made for last gen they could easily continue to do so. With EA College Football being completely remade, it wasn’t like they had a last gen version to inflate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm not fully on the "last gen holds back next gen" camp because as Madden has shown you can develop next gen exclusive features, while still allowing last gen to get the same franchise features. But, my issue is just that is resources you must allocate to last gen just to make sure it still works properly. I don't want the next gen advantage just to be visual, audio, and performance improvements over last gen.

I do agree that going next gen only is the way to go. Not that I would expect anything leaps and bounds over what we have seen from Madden so far this new gen. But, I do think having a singular gen focused development would do well for the developers as opposed to having to develop for last gen as well.
Old 08-16-2022, 09:36 PM   #107
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Fan
Floodgates beginning to open...now TCU's AD openingly stating the school is back in AND confirmed the game is coming out next year.

https://twitter.com/JDonati_TCU/stat...00187139657734
I do expect we hear stuff like this here and there. I don't expect a delay mainly because they're building it off of Madden's foundation. They're handling the more extensive time-consuming features now. Only other time consuming thing would be how they approach the player likness. I can see them scanning select players, but going the closely generic route is the way to go.

The next major thing I expect we hear would be a possible NIL group licensing deal. I don't expect to hear that in-season. I would expect in the off time period in December. They could likely do a current player as the cover athlete with no issue. With the game coming likely Mid-July, I expect game to go Gold sometime late April-May. I do expect that the process to set up a NIL group licensing agreement and incorporate in game that would be a lengthy process. I can see it being one of the final major things being done to the game prior to release outside of polishing the game. Player likeness could be added post release, but I can see that being a major marketing tool to promote having real player likeness in game.
Old 08-16-2022, 09:44 PM   #108
Rookie

Cam Fan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I do expect we hear stuff like this here and there. I don't expect a delay mainly because they're building it off of Madden's foundation. They're handling the more extensive time-consuming features now. Only other time consuming thing would be how they approach the player likness. I can see them scanning select players, but going the closely generic route is the way to go.

The next major thing I expect we hear would be a possible NIL group licensing deal. I don't expect to hear that in-season. I would expect in the off time period in December. They could likely do a current player as the cover athlete with no issue. With the game coming likely Mid-July, I expect game to go Gold sometime late April-May. I do expect that the process to set up a NIL group licensing agreement and incorporate in game that would be a lengthy process. I can see it being one of the final major things being done to the game prior to release outside of polishing the game. Player likeness could be added post release, but I can see that being a major marketing tool to promote having real player likeness in game.
24/7 Sports has some amazing details regarding NIL

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticl...art-191465043/
Old 08-16-2022, 09:56 PM   #109
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Fan
24/7 Sports has some amazing details regarding NIL

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticl...art-191465043/
I do think it'll happen, whether it'll be with OneTeam as the singular entity or someone else. I think as long as they can get it agreed to by or around the December/early January, they have a chance of having the player likeness ready by launch. It's just depends how they approach that. Like I said, they could scan select players if they want. But for time constraint purposes, I would think doing what they did before(just legally this time lol) would be the best way. Which is now use real player bio and select a avatar that closely resembles the player. Anything more extensive would need to be a post launch update. Unless they were to get a NIL agreements done within the next month or so, there isn't enough time and resources to scan even a good chunk of players if it is done after December.
Old 08-16-2022, 10:11 PM   #110
Rookie

Cam Fan's Arena

Thumbs up Re: EA College Football News & Info

Quote:
I do think it'll happen, whether it'll be with OneTeam as the singular entity or someone else. I think as long as they can get it agreed to by or around the December/early January, they have a chance of having the player likeness ready by launch. It's just depends how they approach that. Like I said, they could scan select players if they want. But for time constraint purposes, I would think doing what they did before(just legally this time lol) would be the best way. Which is now use real player bio and select a avatar that closely resembles the player. Anything more extensive would need to be a post launch update. Unless they were to get a NIL agreements done within the next month or so, there isn't enough time and resources to scan even a good chunk of players if it is done after December.
Yeah I couldn't care less about real facial features...just do like the old games lol.
Old 08-17-2022, 09:29 AM   #111
MVP

Quote:

I'd be fine with totally generic rosters. This isn't the NFL. Every 4 years the entire roster turns over in college sports. If they spend a lot of money on player likeness for players who will be gone from the game in a couple years I don't see that as a good return on investment. If players want to be in the game for free or for minimal money that would be great but I'd buy the game with completely generic rosters.

Teambuilder is important for me. I'll be looking forward to an official release detailing what is and isn't going to be in the game.

Last edited by tessl; 08-17-2022 at 09:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2022, 11:34 AM   #112
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I'd be fine with totally generic rosters. This isn't the NFL. Every 4 years the entire roster turns over in college sports. If they spend a lot of money on player likeness for players who will be gone from the game in a couple years I don't see that as a good return on investment. If players want to be in the game for free or for minimal money that would be great but I'd buy the game with completely generic rosters.

Teambuilder is important for me. I'll be looking forward to an official release detailing what is and isn't going to be in the game.
I think the fact that teambuilder wasn’t mentioned in the 247 article along with dynasty mode and road to glory is a bit concerning. Could also see that being a long development process for a foundational game like ‘24 will be. Hope I’m wrong though and that teambuilder is in there. I just wouldn’t get my hopes up
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »