Home

canes21 College Football 25 Sliders

This is a discussion on canes21 College Football 25 Sliders within the EA Sports College Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-17-2024, 01:44 PM   #545
Rookie

Decent at Best's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: canes21 College Football 25 Sliders

Game 2 Recap: Central Michigan Falls to FIU, 34-17

The Chippewas struggled to find their footing against Florida International, suffering a 34-17 defeat on the road. From the opening kickoff, it was clear that FIU had the upper hand, outclassing Central Michigan in nearly every facet of the game.

Defensive Struggles: The run defense was a major issue, as FIU's no-huddle offense and relentless ground attack tore through the Chippewas. The Panthers' two running backs combined for 219 yards on 28 carries, leaving our defense grasping for answers. The pace of their offense had me in a fit of rage, unable to make the necessary adjustments to slow them down.

Offensive Woes: Sophomore QB Bert Emanuel had a solid performance through the air, throwing for 340 yards and two touchdowns. However, two costly interceptions—both on me—hindered what could have been a more competitive outing. The run game, which was a strength last week, was nonexistent in this matchup, with our two backs managing just 90 yards on 26 carries.

Injury Concerns: Emanuel took a beating throughout the game, enduring hit after hit as FIU's defense applied relentless pressure. The wear and tear are beginning to show, and I'm hoping he can bounce back in time for our upcoming road game against Illinois.

Overall, this was a humbling experience for our team. We were outclassed from the start, and there's a lot to clean up before we hit the field again. We’ll need to regroup and refocus if we want to compete with the Illini next week.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2024, 05:11 PM   #546
Rookie

Canes or anyone in the thread i'm curious about something. So i have ran LAHC 2.0 and i'm currently running SimGaming's hesiman set. So i think i have a good understanding of the player speed threshold after i saw a comment you left on another thread. So then with LAHC 2.0 threshold being 100 or 90+ i honestly forgot, you bumped up the pass coverage and DPI because those would work in reverse correct? If the margin of speed decreased with the value being 100 then the pass coverage (which is reversed?) needs to go up to create seperation as well as the DPI because that acts as a coverage slider. Is this correct?
Old 08-17-2024, 06:41 PM   #547
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

The threshold is at 100 to get player separation as realistic as possible.

Pass Coverage was raised to make Coverage tighter.

DPI was raised to try and get the penalty called more.

I know all the ideas around the penalty sliders impacting gameplay. I don't build my sliders around those ideas, personally. I've tested the penalty effect multiple times with NCAA and Madden and never personally saw the impact they're said to have nor did the stats show a difference, so that's why I don't build my sets with their potential gameplay impacts in mind.

I'm not saying it isn't true, I've just personally never seen them have the impact their said to have to a noticeable degree, visually or statistically, so I don't spend time on them. I solely put my penalty values in a spot to get them called the appropriate amount and noticing more.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 08-18-2024, 12:06 AM   #548
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Canes, what is your current auto subs sliders?
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 08-18-2024, 12:45 AM   #549
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Canes, what is your current auto subs sliders?
Just using default at the moment. Didn't want to chase that dragon at the moment, especially given EA made it so in this game each CPU coach has their own personal auto sub settings per the gameplay deep dive, so I have the value raised to the point where rotation happens on default settings leading to the CPU teams also rotating regularly at varying rates.

I have been fortunate to never have a player disappear in any of my games doing it this way, but I can't say that's the case for everyone else.

― Plato
Old 08-18-2024, 01:43 AM   #550
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Just wanted to share my thread on the main forums that has the playbook tool I use when playing this game.

Essentially, the tool aims to limit your playbook to the same level of complexity you'll see in real life college playbooks where teams have their handful of passing concepts they run in combination with their small handful of run concepts. Nobody is out there running every concept known to man. Some teams run a lot of concepts out of a few looks, other run few concepts out of a lot of looks, and so on.

What I like about using a tool like this in my dynasties in combination with my sliders, and now the adaptive AI in the game, is that it really makes me think about what type of scheme and thus custom playbook I want to build and run in that given dynasty. I have to pick and choose where I will be strong/weak and seeing those strengths and weaknesses come into play only adds to the enjoyment I get out of the game.

For example, my current Akron scheme is run-first spread with a pretty vanilla passing attack made even weaker given a few of my formations essentially feature none of my downfield concepts. This makes it important to stay ahead of the chains along with simply not falling behind by too many points. If my running game is working, all is well, but if I find myself needing to consistently rely on the pass, things get tough given my limited concepts I am running along with the limited formations I can pass out of. Add in the adaptive AI and it makes for a realistic challenge.

It's also interesting to see myself having a smaller playbook and watching myself develop certain tendencies and then realizing some of the mistakes I continue to make are the same mistakes I see a lot of other OC's make in real life and then get questioned. I begin to understand why they can seemingly come off as lacking creativity in certain situations. And, I don't like to change my playbooks until between seasons, so it can be fun seeing some of my weaknesses and knowing I need to adjust the scheme for the next year to correct those areas while knowing it could potentially create new problem areas if I am not careful.

Like my current Akron offense, my downfield passing attack is pretty terrible schematically and I'll likely need to make slight scheme/playbook adjustments to fix that in the next season or else I will continue to look like the type of OC I'd yell at in real life when it comes to 2nd/3rd and long or 2-minute situations.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...book-tool.html

― Plato
Old 08-19-2024, 12:58 AM   #551
Pro

letsgopens66's Arena

OVR: 4
canes21 College Football 25 Sliders

This was BY FAR the most disgusting game I’ve played on this game. God awful football by two god awful MAC teams. I love it. To be completely honest I’m just glad I have a win on the board!
Denver Broncos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2024, 04:12 PM   #552
Rookie

iitzant15's Arena

I underestimated the LAHC 2.0 sliders. I started a rebuild dynasty with Toledo and in my first game, I lost to an FCS school - boy was this one hell of a game. I was down 38-14 seconds before halftime, luckily I was able to get a score in.

I came back and was about to take the lead for the win with 1:52 on the clock in the fourth. Unfortunately, my RB fumbled on the 1-yard line which killed all team momentum and we couldn't recover.

Check out the full game here:

🚀Watch Toledo's Rebuild: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...E05Le4tu_SQLAz

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders »