Home

First information from the EA trip on Ncaa I could find

This is a discussion on First information from the EA trip on Ncaa I could find within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 07:18 PM   #65
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: First information from the EA trip on Ncaa I could find

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
If you'd been around (or noticed if you'd been around) for awhile it's the same sites who often do this time and time again is why people react negatively. It's basically just a ploy to work up excitement and cause people to visit their site where one finds nothing except "sorry we have no info but the game was awesome". It may not result in any real information for anyone but if it gets them some more traffic then mission accomplished.

This is more commonly known on the net as bait and switch or "spam". There is nothing wrong with excitement about a site or someone associated with a site going to see the new games but promising information and then not being able to deliver time and time again is bound to cause people to react negatively. Most of us give these sites the benefit of the doubt but continuing to do so when it's the same old crap year after year is enough to make anyone a little bent!!! Don't promise if you can't deliver!!!!!

we at Maddenmania hardly need charity members to visit our site. We were told by EA to post a thread saying we were going and to have questions ready just in case we were able to post them. We did just that and then the NDA came. No more needs to be said. IGN, gamespot, gamepro, game informer, egm were all there so I guess that counts as a "media event" huh? Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the games this year!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2005, 07:46 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
we at Maddenmania hardly need charity members to visit our site. We were told by EA to post a thread saying we were going and to have questions ready just in case we were able to post them. We did just that and then the NDA came. No more needs to be said. IGN, gamespot, gamepro, game informer, egm were all there so I guess that counts as a "media event" huh? Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the games this year!
Nah man, I wasn't even referring to Maddenmania, you guys deliver usually. I'm referring to that other site that used to be competition to y'all but evidently is so hurtin' they have taken to spamming all over other sites with actual users. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:09 PM   #67
Run After Catch

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Nah man, I wasn't even referring to Maddenmania, you guys deliver usually. I'm referring to that other site that used to be competition to y'all but evidently is so hurtin' they have taken to spamming all over other sites with actual users. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Regardless of what someone might have said at another site, I don't know that it really does any good to be so critical. When it comes down to it, all of us are Madden fans (well most of us) and everyone was hoping information would be available upon our return from Tiburon. I know that at Madden Mania and Madden Nation we were careful to mention that is was possible no information would be released. This is why it was kind of a surprise to me to see that this was an issue here.

With this kind of a deal you never want to get your hopes up. Clearly EA isn't going to give out all of the information about their game 5 months before it is released, that wouldn't be very intelligent on their part. If someone did promise information I am sure it was done out of the assumption that they'd be able to talk about the games some, not as a form of deception to visit their site.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:00 PM   #68
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
I accept that answer; it makes sense. However, if it is all that needs to be said, why didn't you say it on your site, rather than ban umd?
Old 03-29-2005, 09:04 PM   #69
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortsoldier
I accept that answer; it makes sense. However, if it is all that needs to be said, why didn't you say it on your site, rather than ban umd?
I did say it...lol. Banned members always twist stories..its in their nature.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:20 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACZILLA
This is why it was kind of a surprise to me to see that this was an issue here.
Everything that's posted in any EA thread regarding Madden or NCAA becomes an issue around here, as of late.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:50 PM   #71
Run After Catch

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
Everything that's posted in any EA thread regarding Madden or NCAA becomes an issue around here, as of late.
It's a frustrating topic for a lot of people. If you're an ESPN fan you can't be happy about what's going on. Nobody wants to lose a series of games they have been enjoying. I can understand the sentiment of being disappointed by the deal if you're not a fan of Madden, or even being concerned about the deal as someone who likes the game but fears that EA will slack off. Even when info is released there will be some people looking to pick it apart and find some sort of deficiency in EA's plans. It's going to be an interesting few months before the release of Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2005, 12:58 AM   #72
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Everyone just needs to chill out a bit, we'll get a good amount of information from E3.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »