Home

Recruiting strategies, tips, etc...

This is a discussion on Recruiting strategies, tips, etc... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2005, 04:37 PM   #49
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Recruiting strategies, tips, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heeseopchoi
2 Quick Questions about InSeason Recruiting:

1) Can I change my targets after week one? I played my first game then went to In-Season Recruiting and my targets were already selected.

2) How do I get them to visit? I see no option for this.

Also don't forget to target players BEFORE you play your game in week one. Otherwise, the computer will select players for you.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Old 07-13-2005, 05:27 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
Point 1: Sometimes they will only give soft verbals, and you still have a chance to steal them. If you are #1 on their list, schedule them later, because the most they will give is a soft verbal.

As for your question, there are plenty of 5, 4 and 3 star prospect left.
I was #1 on their list and after I simmed the week I wasn't allowed to do anything with them. It wouldn't let me put any points towards them, only the 1 who still liked me. I aborted after that because my kid woke up. That is why I didn't know about the end of the season recruiting.

Thanks for the answer.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:14 PM   #51
Rookie

Gamecocks2k3's Arena

OVR: 1

Does everyone sign 25 man classes? Even with inseason recruiting i can only sign at the max 18 or so...mostly lower than that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 08:09 PM   #52
All Star

OVR: 21

Alright...I decided to jump in here because I am having a serious problem this year with recruiting.

I am SDSU and In my first year in the In-Season recruiting I was able to get a 4 Star QB and a 4 Star FS but in the offseason I can't even get a 3 star and up guy. All i can get is 1 star and 2 star guys. I am lucky if I can get 1 3star guy or a 4 star guy but thats it.

any suggestions on how to get guys to actually commit?

Oh SDSU is a 3 Star prestige now after year 1
Old 07-13-2005, 08:56 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 7

I simmed my first year with Nebraska to see how recruiting would be. Ended up 5-6 for the year and got two in season recruits to commit and lost two I wanted to Cal. In the offseason I landed 2 (5 stars), 11 (4 stars), 6 (3 stars), 2 (2 stars). Interesting enough only one of the recruits was from Nebraska, rest where from Texas, California, and various other states. Ended up with the 4th best recruiting class.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:32 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
There are only 11-12 in the season recruiting, but in the offseason, I think there were 26.
why is it like that? do some guys just get bumped up, or are new guys "made"?

And how many of the top guys are gone after inseason recruiting?

Last edited by joer625; 07-13-2005 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:54 PM   #55
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by joer625
why is it like that? do some guys just get bumped up, or are new guys "made"?

And how many of the top guys are gone after inseason recruiting?

I noticed tonight that after in-season recruting and my season were done, the bottom of the screen (when i got to recruiting) said something to the effect that it was ranking prospects and then scouting prospects. So I don't know if the comoputer adds more 5*'s or whether the class is re-ranked after the in-season recruiting is done. I did count 27 5 *'s total though at the end of off season recruting (which included those who had committed in-season).

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 01:26 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 3

re: Recruiting to open up new PIPELINES?

I simmed all but one game in my first season as UTEP. Currently, my PIPELINES are Texas, Arizona, and California... while recruiting my NEEDS during the offseason, mostly from Texas, I have also decided to recruit 1 and 2 star guys from nearby states in the hopes that if I get enough from a couple/few of them, that they too may become PIPELINES for my school.

Has anyone attempted this? If so, how many players do you think you need to generate a new PIPELINE?

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »