Home

Gameplay or Graphics?

This is a discussion on Gameplay or Graphics? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Gameplay or Graphics, Etc.
I want a game that plays like real football and the other stuff doesn't matter as much 115 93.50%
Its all about graphics and stadiums. Gameplay is not a big deal 8 6.50%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2006, 01:48 PM   #49
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Gameplay or Graphics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut XX
Once again I have to make the comparison to the 2K series. If they are so good, why did the Visual Concepts team blow them away for two years? Why did they just allow us the ability to assign defensive back matchups with wide receivers, when 2K did it for years? Why did they finally start showing crowd interaction after 2K did it? Why does 2K cheerleaders still look a lot better? Why does 2K have better player interaction? Why does 2K's presentation still blow EA's away? Why does 2K have a halftime show and EA does not? Why does 2K have a post game show and EA does not? Why does 2K show actual game highlights during the week and EA does not? Although 2K5 is almost two years old, why does the graphics still look as good as NCAA 06 and Madden 06? Why are you able to assign your defensive backs to inside or outside coverage in 2k5 and not NCAA or Madden? Why does 2K's announcers have way more dialogue and comments during a game than EA? The list goes on. and finally; if EA is so concerned about the casual gamers being able to feel like they are part of the game, why not include the First Person mode like 2K? I would have to give them a failing grade or an incomplete, instead of saying they are good. I am sure that the casual gamers would not object to having the aforementioned things in the game. So logically one can assume that they are either bad programmers, do not know much about football, or they just lack talent. NO MORE EXCUSES!!!
Ether! Truth Spoken right here...
Old 04-27-2006, 02:27 PM   #50
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Gameplay or Graphics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
I agree completely.

Gameplay is important but graphics are important as well. It adds to the realism when player models and stadiums are accurately rendered.
Exactly. Or at least cut the price in half if they only do one, but not the other.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »