Home

New interview with the NCAA 07 producers

This is a discussion on New interview with the NCAA 07 producers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2006, 08:29 PM   #33
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Re: New interview with the NCAA 07 producers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
The gameplay was amazing in 2004 and 2006, but we already own those games, hense we expect more for 2007. There's not much in terms of pure football engine they can do besides getting rid of animations and adding a physics engine, and they didn't do that.

Spring games and playbooks would have been great additions, instead we got nothing, and lost HFA, CAT, and probably a few other features.

I'd almost be tempted to say something about the 2K series, but after NBA Live, apparantly competition won't push EA either.
Do you think EA is porting games over, you have to realize EA is building a foundation for NCAA.

They can't make the lousy game modes you all love if they dont have gameplay. Thats what the first version of every EA game was.

Look at how much were getting with Madden 2007, its because they have there base...and now its gimmicky feature time.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:39 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedShades
OK, current gen version for me. Gives me a couple more months to save up for next generation.

I'm not thrilled with the scoring system used for the spring game, but I do like that you don't get your incoming freshmen. I know that was discussed earlier as being a possibility. Hopefully in the next few editions, they will allow for early entrants/transfers.
Oops, I just made a post about this. But, I do agree with you. The next step would be to add early-entries, which would be awesome.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:25 PM   #35
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9

Kev and AJB...why then, for the 360, did they add the crap mini-games instead...this isn't an issue of time learning or getting used to a new machine, its likely an issue of EA spreading different features around each gen (PSP = more ESPN implementation, XBOX / PS2 = spring game / updated playbooks, 360 = next-gen graphics and mini-games). While this makes good business sense, it really leaves those who only have the 360 with an "incomplete" game.

Please stop making excuses for EA, they are plenty competent when it comes to game programming...if they had time and the knowledge to implement the ****e extra mini-games, then the other additions would have been just as simple.

As you aptly stated Kev, quit with the crap mini-games and give me football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2006, 09:34 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
Do you think EA is porting games over, you have to realize EA is building a foundation for NCAA.

They can't make the lousy game modes you all love if they dont have gameplay. Thats what the first version of every EA game was.

Look at how much were getting with Madden 2007, its because they have there base...and now its gimmicky feature time.
I was on boat for EA, until they announced this. There are no new features from 2004, and we've lost features from 2005-2006. This is a graphically enhanced NCAA 2004 without CAT.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:47 PM   #37
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I think I might have been satisfied if the next-gen NCAA was held over for another year to ensure the intergration of all of the current gen improvements. Not to mention the inclusion of all stadiums. People have already said it, it is hard to believe that we lose features in a game that is supposed to be the future of the series. It does look like the gameplay is shaping up to be a pretty good improvement though.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:52 PM   #38
Rookie

What are the new mini-games like on the Xbox 360 version?

Jeff Luhr: I would describe them as highly addictive, fast-paced, and extremely competitive games of 11-on-11 football with a twist. We have three different mini-games this year: Bowling, Tug-o-War, and Option Dash. Each one offers a different gaming experience because of the unique scoring systems. It’s also worth mentioning that complete stats and high scores are tracked for all of these mini-games separately.

In Bowling, you get the ball at the 10 yard line and your goal is to score in one play. If you do, it’s a strike. If you gain 7 yards, then you get 7 points and another play from the 3 yard line. If you score on the second play, it’s a spare. You do this for ten frames and your ultimate goal is to score 12 consecutive touchdowns for the perfect game.

Tug-o-War is a field position battle and the first one to score wins. This one is a lot of fun because it could be over in one play or it could go back and forth for a long time. The ball starts out at midfield and each down is treated as 4th and goal, so if you don’t score you lose possession. But you do get credit for yards gained, so if you had the ball at the 50 and you gained 20 yards, your opponent would have to run his next play from his own 30 yard line. Depending on the situation, your strategy could be to go for it all in one play or to gain field position little by little.

Option Dash is the quickest of the three and also the most addictive. You have two minutes to run as many option plays as possible and rack up points for yards gained plus bonus points for special moves, pitches, fake pitches, touchdowns, etc. This is a great way to practice your option attack and have some fun along the way.

please leave out of by college game and give me larger roster bigger playbooks anything besides some min games in the first game too a new game system.

Last edited by amazspidey; 05-23-2006 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:58 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptObvious
Kev and AJB...why then, for the 360, did they add the crap mini-games instead...this isn't an issue of time learning or getting used to a new machine, its likely an issue of EA spreading different features around each gen (PSP = more ESPN implementation, XBOX / PS2 = spring game / updated playbooks, 360 = next-gen graphics and mini-games). While this makes good business sense, it really leaves those who only have the 360 with an "incomplete" game.

Please stop making excuses for EA, they are plenty competent when it comes to game programming...if they had time and the knowledge to implement the ****e extra mini-games, then the other additions would have been just as simple.

As you aptly stated Kev, quit with the crap mini-games and give me football.
Because the mini games in the 360 would require very little extra programming and even though they didn't have time to implement any of the other features they can point to them and say "Hey, at least we included these "cool" new mini-games."

I'm not trying to make excuses for EA, but I could have told you that this year's next-gen version wasn't going to be "complete" compared to current gen. Exhibit A: Madden 06 - and that is their marquee franchise! And now, it looks like they were finally able to start adding in the extra features for Madden since they laid down all the groundwork from the previous year. Shoot, next gen 07 doesn't even have the Historic and Div-IAA teams! However, there are people out there that only care about the flashy graphics and will buy up the 360 version without thinking twice about the missing features this year. So, is EA stupid to release an 07 for 360 this year instead of waiting until next year when they can ship a "complete" game? The bottom line of their income statement will say "no".

Now, if 08 on the 360 doesn't have the playbook upgrade, additional teams, and the rest of the stadiums, then there is absolutely no excuse for that. However, I also expect 08 for PS3 to be less than "complete".
Old 05-23-2006, 10:59 PM   #40
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazspidey
please leave out of by college game and give me larger roster bigger playbooks anything besides some min games in the first game too a new game system.
AAARRRRGGGGHH!H! I second that. Give me the great next-gen graphics. Work on and improve the gameplay...and if you are gonna include something... Include the team-specific playbooks ala the current gen. Include the Spring Game ala the current gen... and include ALL OF THE STADIUMS!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »