Home

NCAA ALL THINGS RECRUITING THREAD!!

This is a discussion on NCAA ALL THINGS RECRUITING THREAD!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-21-2008, 09:46 PM   #17
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA ALL THINGS RECRUITING THREAD!!

you definitely need to bring in 4 or 5 star recruits early to visit.. if you wait too long, as you get mid season, you risk the chance of that recruit being booked up towards the end.. trust me, this happened to my buddy in our dynasty.. i had all my guys come in before week 8.. i had signed 6 5 stars, 8 4 stars, and 3 3 stars by week 12 because of this.. i got a big lead compared to the other schools and i think that helped with recruiting at notre dame.. plus i only had 2 losses... i also sort by the most interested players, so i can get them first.. no reason to waste guys that WANT to go to your program, as opposed to trying to persuade someone else..
Old 07-21-2008, 10:23 PM   #18
Rookie

thatruth22's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji4887
I find it's best for me to have between 20 and 25 recruits on my list all with scholarship offers. I quick call them whenever I can for between 20 and 30 minutes. I stick to recruiting guys that are interested in me whenever I can. You can occasionally get guys who weren't interested, but it's difficult and usually a waste of time. Having guys visit during the season can be a bit of crap shoot, sometimes if you have a guy visit early you can be in the driver's seat through their whole recruitment or even get them to sign early. Some players seem to like visiting later in the season, and visiting early means another team can swoop in and grab them. Visiting in the off-season, you want to do that as soon as you can. Players do seem to switch after making a soft commit, the only time a player soft committed to another team switch to mine was after I visited them in the off-season. I hope some of this is helpful.
I am really similar in this method, except i quick call my number 1 guy for a hour, and i usually have really good success with it.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:57 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazman
Ok this is getting long so I'll leave it at that. Hope this helps.
Very nice write up...but yeah long because i still feel recruiting is maybe a bit too intensive.....every week is a bit much....i seem to be going through it a bit faster then last season but it still seems I spend more time recruiting than actually playing games...

Im still enjoying it though...I'd love to see OMT jump in with some of his EA insider recruting secrets!
Old 07-22-2008, 12:53 PM   #20
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

I just finished year 5 of my UNT dynasty.

Here are my recruiting class ranks:

Season 1 #74

Season 2 #51

Season 3 #24

Season 4 #47

Season 5 I'm currently in off-season recruiting and I signed 9 4-star recruits before the season ended. Looks like I'm about to need to switch teams.

Last edited by Gibbz; 07-22-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:05 PM   #21
Rookie

ufox1810's Arena

OVR: 4

I love recruiting and was happier than a pig in you know what when they redid the system last year, but I know it's not for everyone (hence the implementation of the quick call this year). I could write a much longer guide almost to how I do it for both power programs and the little guys, but for now I'll give my most important tip so far.

In NCAA 2008 (yes last year's game)...

...it seemed to be to your benefit to schedule visits later in the year because recruits were more likely to commit immediately after the visit. They may give a soft verbal somewhere else, but as long as you could get them to visit, you had a decent shot. I can't tell you how many guys I lost because I had them visit early on, but even though they loved the visit and had me #1, they didn't commit because they wanted to make their other visits later in the year. So I'd be #1 on a guy's list all year only to lose him to LSU in like week 11 after he visited there. Due to this, I would always fill up my visits by starting with the last good home game first. If FSU was at home that year, I would make sure every 5-star guy was visiting that week and then work back from there.

In NCAA 2009...

...it is the EXACT OPPOSITE. Well almost. Now keep in mind this is only my experience, but so far it seems like you can't rely on late season visits. So far, I've seen more and more recruits commit earlier on in the season, well before taking the majority of their visits. I use UF and immediately started scheduling visits for everyone for the South Carolina game, but I've already lost a handful because they've visited somewhere else and decided it was good enough for them that they don't have to wait for my visit. In hindsight, I would've scheduled more visits for the LSU game or even for the Tennessee game. I've experienced something similar while simming dynasties with other schools as well.

I'm not saying to schedule all your visits early in the season, I'm just saying don't schedule them all later in the season. Last year it seemed like you could schedule all your visits for the last couple of home games on your schedule and maybe risk only 2-3 guys committing elsewhere before they at least gave you a look. This year it seems like you would lose a much bigger chunk of your recruiting board if you stuck to this strategy. So basically, mix it up. If a guy has you #1 on his list for 7 straight weeks, then think about scheduling him for a week 8 or week 9 game. Don't always wait for that marquee matchup at the end of the year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 02:10 PM   #22
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

I started with Nevada and I had a rough time recruiting. My 1st season I think I won like 3 games, and I signed like 2-3* and some 2* players. My second year I got to 11 wins but still had a rough go at recruiting, I had a couple 4* players right untill the end but they signed with other teams. My last year at Nevada would have been my best b/c I got a 4* tackel and a 4* QB but I took a job at Ole Miss. The off season there was a breeze. They already had a lot of 3* and like 4-4* players signed before the season was over. I picked up like 3 more 4* and now I'm playing with the rebels. It is cool to get all the staduum sounds from sec and play them during games.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:05 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbzilla558
I just finished year 5 of my UNT dynasty.

Here are my recruiting class ranks:

Season 1 #74

Season 2 #51

Season 3 #24

Season 4 #47

Season 5 I'm currently in off-season recruiting and I signed 9 4-star recruits before the season ended. Looks like I'm about to need to switch teams.
Not bad I'm playing an online dynasty with a buddy and he is NT while I'm ULL.

I still think you get an advantage being in Texas over others.....what was your main strategy.

I'd like to hear how people use quick call....or how many players your recruit at a time? Do you do less than the 35 you can fit on the board?
Old 07-22-2008, 03:05 PM   #24
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

Season #6 has just started for UNT, and I pulled the 4th-ranking recruiting class in all the land in Season #5.

I've never used quick call. I get maybe 8 guys I'm really interested in to put me in their top 3 early in the season. Then I move less important guys to the front of the line and recruit the hell out of them. Eventually it evens out and I get a far better class than UNT would ever get.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »