Home

Enough waiting, I want answers

This is a discussion on Enough waiting, I want answers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 02:14 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Enough waiting, I want answers

I can wait. Doesn't affect my day one way or the other.

Good luck!
Old 08-19-2009, 02:16 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy7679
That's right. If you want answers, you show up and start beating a**. Just ask every character Steven Segal ever played.
LMAO. I knew this guy reminded me of someone!
Old 08-19-2009, 02:19 PM   #35
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

remember the good old days when we didnt have 24/7 forums and communication with the producers and everyone just had fun and enjoyed the game instead of thinking they are the world's greatest game critic and know everything about football. I'd like to know if they fixed Stadium Sounds. Its the same problem they had last year where you can only hear them if you control the home team but i'm not gonna go on a profanity laced rant because they have said if it is or isnt.

Patience is a virtue
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 02:19 PM   #36
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
I can wait. Doesn't affect my day one way or the other.

Good luck!

Here's the thing about waiting. This game is not Call of Duty or any other non-sports game. Those games have shelf life. You can go pick up a copy of Modern Warfare for $40 TODAY and have fun and play the game for years going forward.

With sports games, the clock is ticking. If the game is fixed today, we only have 300 or so days remaining before the next version is out. How long will you wait? Will you wait until January? April? When do you official say "that's it! this must be fixed now!".

That is why sports games must be working the day they ship. If not, those patches better be following close behind. This is nonsense that devs take vacation after the game releases. That just shows me they don't care about making the best game; they only care about hyping the game and selling as many copies at release.

Is that wrong? No. But when you come to OS and pretend there is some sort of symbiotic relationship to make better games, it sure feels like a scam from where I stand.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:27 PM   #37
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
This is nonsense that devs take vacation after the game releases.
When do you expect them to take vacations? Or do you think they shouldn't take vacations at all?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 08-19-2009, 02:29 PM   #38
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
When do you expect them to take vacations?
After the game works properly.

All that hype. All that build up. Make us believe this game is golden. We buy it. It's broken. WTF is that?

That's like Obama winning the election and then going on vacation after he is sworn in because he thinks the mission is accomplished simply by selling the public on the things he said, not what he promised to do.

Last edited by sois; 08-19-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:34 PM   #39
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
I work as a Software Engineer, and we're working on bugs in a system that was released a year and a half ago because it doesn't work properly for some customers, even as we have moved on to a new version.

Don't give me that. That's absolutely ridiculous. No software will 100% work properly, unless it is the most basic program, printing out "Hello, world."

Although, it's kind of mind boggling how, if they're playing the game, they don't see some issues... and how QC don't either...

But there are tons of bugs in a codebase such as Madden, some of which have persisted for years... mainly because they don't have time. We've still got bugs from 3.0 we've never explicitly fixed.

Software development is hard. Deploying a gigantic football simulation in less than a year is harder. If they take a week vacation after the game's "done" and shipped, and then they come in afterwards and fix bugs anyway, what's the point? Just let them take the week off.

This is in no way like Obama winning the election and then taking a vacation. That's an asinine comparison.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870

Last edited by The GIGGAS; 08-19-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:35 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
LMAO...awesome!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »