Home

Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ.

This is a discussion on Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2011, 02:20 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Just got kicked from a OD... LONG LONG READ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
Thank you Antdog and roggie... As for twister the Stanford user? It was a fun game I thought I used Florida playbook and they have all shotgun with only 2 run formations. I mixed up pretty good I thought I didn't abuse any one formation.. I just ran because alot because you sacked me a crap load in the first 1/2 so that I started to notice that gap you left with no spy so I took it.

But anyways just wanted to get some thoughts ... Wasn't trying to be a bad guy the OD was a blast but dang come on man you hadn't even played me and said I cheesed. More than one person agrees
I had a great time as well and was hoping to rematch you but I don't use the spy or contain. I run it balanced on both sides game plan wise. I guess it just proves the level of sim each person considers. It also proves that not every dynasty is perfect for each user.

Good luck with your future dynasties.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:36 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN

More than one person agrees
And all of the long time players in my dyn agree with me and they are who is important. As I said, you didn't get booted for doing that or for the long drop backs. You got booted for not just taking the warning. If you said "Okay, I'll work on it." You'd still be enjoying yourself and we would be set to play later and I could see for myself how much you do each thing. However, you kept arguing and arguing, then take it to forums. You know I am the commish. If you were the commish, argue all you want. You are free to start your own dynasty where you can debate the rules all you want. I mean, in a job when the boss says you aren't supposed to do something in his job, do you sit there and argue back and forth with him for 2 days or do you say "yes boss"? I bet you would get fired if you did that with a boss, just like you did for arguing with me about it for so long. If it was that one incident, fine. But I know Twist and trust Twist. He's been in my dyn for 2 years and he's lost many games and came to me twice. Probably 30 seasons worth of games and he's came to me twice. The other guy he came to me about, I played myself and the guy was doing all sorts of weird stuff that do not constitute sim play. If you only had that one incident, he wouldn't have said a word. The fact that he mentioned 20 yard drops and scrambling means you did it with some frequency.

I just wanted to present my side so people can make a judgement after hearing both sides of the story. As far as this issue is concerned, its over now. I'm not going to say anymore and I'd appreciate it if you just moved on. Good luck in future dynasties and good luck to your Gators in all competitions.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:03 PM   #35
Banned

devinewon's Arena

OVR: 9

THIS GAME is the problem. Not the people who play it.

I watched the clip. First and foremost both DT's got pancaked. Ridiculous. The hugest pocket of all time. The coverage is sooo bad. How did he even see the guy when his back was turned?

In last years game cheesers were cheaters. The only exception would be the inordinate amount of throwing to the RB. That was a grey area but the Play the run out of Quarters defense was sooo cheesy and really and exploitation of the system.

In this years game there are soooo many cheesy plays and play-styles its really the norm.

Stanford scored a big touchdown run off of a ACE Counter run. The most cheesy run play in the game bar none. It requires no running skill . . . . just look at it. Even running a 3-3-5 the OLB and SS on the weak side could not keep containment and he's waaaaay out there. The piss poor containment in this game is beyond belief.

I also am from Florida, (JAX and Orlando) and I know what you are talking about with Florida fans. ;-)

To come in mid-season grab Florida only have 1 or 2 user games and get to the national championship is something that guys do all the time in this game. In my dynasty the incumbent always wins though.

Hats off to ANYONE who would try to play in an online dynasty in this years game with the teams you guys play with. This guy was going to kill you guys anyone because none of the teams that you guys have could ever keep up with Florida in Recruiting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2011, 04:48 PM   #36
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister18
I was user controlling the DE trying to swim move around the OT. I wasn't too worried about the play at the time as I thought he was past the LOS when my defender committed to the QB and the pass was lobbed over his head.
I didn't mean it as a call out at you, saying you're a cheeser or anything. Was just saying it didn't look natural at all. I control my DE about 95% of the time, and I use the swim move. I've never really ever seen a reason to send my DE out that far, nor can I ever remember doing it. But then again, I've been UNC in my only OD (going on our 5th season now, had to slow down for about a month due to people's gold accounts expiring and spring breaks), so I've always had good defensive ends (Robert Quinn, Donte Paige Moss).
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 03-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #37
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

OVR: 0

Sounds to me like AlfaRomeo164 is butthurt. Why are you trying to get a perfect "sim" dynasty? It's a video game, not real life. That replay looks like a normal play, just gotta either defend better or just accept that it happened and move on. I wouldn't want to be in your dynasty, even if I was offered. You sound like the type of person that gets mad when things don't go to plan or don't go your way, and are quick to blame it all on somebody else. It's just a video game, get over it.

I had a similar situation in the OD I'm in. I am Georgia, dude I was playing was Florida. This was in like year 4, we had been our teams from the start of the OD. His team, because of Florida's crazy recruiting, was A+ on everything. My team was A offense, B defense. In our previous games we played, he had blown me out once, and then we both beat each other in low-scoring close games, mine on a TD as time expired. So going into our game this season, he was highly favored, as well as the favorite for the Nat'l Champ. During our game, it seemed like the game was completely against him (Georgia was the home team, btw). Out of his 4 fumbles by the time he ragequit in the 3rd quarter, I agree that 2 of them were completely bogus, the other 2 were very believable (big hit, QB run). Also, on 3 of his 3rd downs, and one 4th, he got the required yardage, but the play was called back on a penalty against him. I didn't mess with any conservative/aggressive settings. He played me very well on defense, I just took advantage of the turnovers. Because of this loss, he quit the dynasty. He left on the table an incredible Florida team that had three years of 10+ 5-stars recruiting, all because of one loss.

Last edited by lhinds7; 03-14-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:14 PM   #38
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhinds7
Sounds to me like AlfaRomeo164 is butthurt. Why are you trying to get a perfect "sim" dynasty? It's a video game, not real life. That replay looks like a normal play, just gotta either defend better or just accept that it happened and move on. I wouldn't want to be in your dynasty, even if I was offered. You sound like the type of person that gets mad when things don't go to plan or don't go your way, and are quick to blame it all on somebody else. It's just a video game, get over it.

I had a similar situation in the OD I'm in. I am Georgia, dude I was playing was Florida. This was in like year 4, we had been our teams from the start of the OD. His team, because of Florida's crazy recruiting, was A+ on everything. My team was A offense, B defense. In our previous games we played, he had blown me out once, and then we both beat each other in low-scoring close games, mine on a TD as time expired. So going into our game this season, he was highly favored, as well as the favorite for the Nat'l Champ. During our game, it seemed like the game was completely against him (Georgia was the home team, btw). Out of his 4 fumbles by the time he ragequit in the 3rd quarter, I agree that 2 of them were completely bogus, the other 2 were very believable (big hit, QB run). Also, on 3 of his 3rd downs, and one 4th, he got the required yardage, but the play was called back on a penalty against him. I didn't mess with any conservative/aggressive settings. He played me very well on defense, I just took advantage of the turnovers. Because of this loss, he quit the dynasty. He left on the table an incredible Florida team that had three years of 10+ 5-stars recruiting, all because of one loss.
That's a jerk move by that guy, imho. Tell him I'll play him a tune on the world's smallest violin.

Seriously, why would you quit over one bad loss?
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 03-14-2011, 07:25 PM   #39
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

IMO that last scamble/pass highlight was perfectly legit. If you're going to call that cheese you're going to call everythiing cheese. That was hardly an unstoppable play. He made a nice move out of the pocket. The defense had some bad breaks which he exploited, but not unfairly so. It wasn't any more cheesy than that 74-yard counter run by Stanford.

I think people need to chill on calling everything cheese. I also run a well established sim dynasty (listed on EA's top dynasties page) and we outlaw blatant exploitation but nothing like that.

Finally what's been said about the game is true. The coding is so bad in parts that its impossible not to take advantage of the AI at times simply because the AI does incredibly bone headed things on nearly every play. You just have to live with it and accept it's an "approximation" of real football, not a perfect simulation.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

The play looked legit but on other plays if he was really running back 10 yards while already in shotgun then that is BS. I hate when people do that because it actually does slow a blitz down and they can still throw super accurate basses from 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »