Home

Realistic Future Conference Re-Alignments?

This is a discussion on Realistic Future Conference Re-Alignments? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2011, 08:40 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Realistic Future Conference Re-Alignments?

Oklahoma and Texas were both almost moved to the SEC, so the possibility of them being moved to the SEC in the next couple years is a big possibility.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 12:23 PM   #66
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Tampa loves USF. trust me when you have one of the biggest schools in country you have plenty of fans. hell they were ranked number 2 in the nation a few years ago. Vandy and Kentucky won't leave unless the big east goes after Kentucky for basketball but i dont think the sec would let them go. it would be terrible for their academics. GT and Clemson would make alot of sense and even though Virginia Tech is probably the best fit but i don't know what kind of market they would bring. nothing like a florida market. especially south florida which the sec isn't in. don't forget that each conference has many pre requirements that the teams must meet. stadium size for one. most of these realistic proposals im seeing in here are completely over looking simple things like that.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:24 PM   #67
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarindude02
Oklahoma and Texas were both almost moved to the SEC, so the possibility of them being moved to the SEC in the next couple years is a big possibility.
when did this almost happen?

Texas A&M has been the only team they have showed interest in lately.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:26 PM   #68
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
when did this almost happen?

Texas A&M has been the only team they have showed interest in lately.
It didn't. From what I've heard, if Texas were to move they'd want to go to a conference with higher academic prestige than the SEC....which is why all we heard about was the Big 10 and the Pac 10
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Old 05-31-2011, 12:44 PM   #69
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

For you conference edit freaks, here's a couple of resources that will help'

Here's a map of all the FBS teams.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...S_map_2011.png

Here's a link to a list of all FBS teams by state and also one that can be re-aligned by conference or alphabetical order.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tball_programs

Hope this helps!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:13 PM   #70
Rookie

Seanzie's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
Tampa loves USF. trust me when you have one of the biggest schools in country you have plenty of fans. hell they were ranked number 2 in the nation a few years ago. Vandy and Kentucky won't leave unless the big east goes after Kentucky for basketball but i dont think the sec would let them go. it would be terrible for their academics. GT and Clemson would make alot of sense and even though Virginia Tech is probably the best fit but i don't know what kind of market they would bring. nothing like a florida market. especially south florida which the sec isn't in. don't forget that each conference has many pre requirements that the teams must meet. stadium size for one. most of these realistic proposals im seeing in here are completely over looking simple things like that.
I live in Tampa, and I love USF, and even I have to admit that USF does not belong in the SEC. USF has a great, expansive medical program, but academically, we just are not up to the standards of the other SEC schools by a long shot. In terms of population, USF is massive, second only to UCF (believe it or not) in the state. I don't think that's necessarily a great thing when you're talking about trying to get into the SEC. It's an easy school to get into. Very little exclusivity. SEC loves their high academic standard schools. USF is not one.

Also, despite the large student population, the fanbase is wildly fickle. When USF was #2 in the BCS rankings a few years back, everyone was a Bulls fan, and Ray Jay was packed. Last season was pretty poor attendance-wise. If USF isn't hot, non-students do not show up.

Also, the level of talent isn't quite there, as top Tampa recruits still go elsewhere. Hell, West Virginia gets more top recruits in FL than USF does.

USF is just too young football-wise to sniff the SEC in the next few decades, I'd say.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:24 PM   #71
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzie
I live in Tampa, and I love USF, and even I have to admit that USF does not belong in the SEC. USF has a great, expansive medical program, but academically, we just are not up to the standards of the other SEC schools by a long shot. In terms of population, USF is massive, second only to UCF (believe it or not) in the state. I don't think that's necessarily a great thing when you're talking about trying to get into the SEC. It's an easy school to get into. Very little exclusivity. SEC loves their high academic standard schools. USF is not one.

Also, despite the large student population, the fanbase is wildly fickle. When USF was #2 in the BCS rankings a few years back, everyone was a Bulls fan, and Ray Jay was packed. Last season was pretty poor attendance-wise. If USF isn't hot, non-students do not show up.

Also, the level of talent isn't quite there, as top Tampa recruits still go elsewhere. Hell, West Virginia gets more top recruits in FL than USF does.

USF is just too young football-wise to sniff the SEC in the next few decades, I'd say.
The sec and academics?

There are some good schools there, but it is no ACC or B1G
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 01:26 PM   #72
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
For you conference edit freaks, here's a couple of resources that will help'

Here's a map of all the FBS teams.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...S_map_2011.png

Here's a link to a list of all FBS teams by state and also one that can be re-aligned by conference or alphabetical order.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tball_programs

Hope this helps!
Idaho and Washington State are literally 15 minutes apart.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&su...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »