Home

Super Line Backers are back

This is a discussion on Super Line Backers are back within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Super Line Backers are back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I 100% agree, i said in the early impressions thread that I thought the super LBs were tuned down, but still an issue, and after about 20 more games I stand by that. I think it's definitely still an issue, no question but I've only seen it about once every other game instead of several times a game like in past NCAAs.

I also completely understand folks frustration in general with passing. But hey we will all get much better at it once we learn the nuances of the game. Screaming that the game is broken is a knee jerk reaction that could end up with EA patching it and making it an offensive score fest again which I don't think anyone wants.

What game are you playing? I've seen broken superman defenders in EVERY GAME I've played in RTG and Dynasty so far.

A DE or LB will drop into coverage, with his back away from me, I'll lob a pass over the defender, or bullet one between zones, and the defender will psychically know about the pass (since they're not even looking) and change momentum instantly (very unrealistic), then jump 5 feet in the air backwards, and perfectly swat my pass (all while never seeing me throw the ball, or once turning around to see the pass trajectory).

They sure have some great timing. One might say... super-human timing?

I encourage realism. I want passing to be difficult against a tough defense. BUT I DON'T WANT PSYCHIC SUPERMAN DEFENDERS!!! If a defender doesn't SEE me pass the ball, or is hideously out of position to make a play, he shouldn't be able to make the play. Instead, a defender will just make the play anyway, regardless of how unrealistic and immersion-breaking it is.

The defensive AI is so broken that EA must compensate somehow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #42
Pro

xxjgbxx's Arena

OVR: 9

Happens a lot on heisman
Old 07-13-2011, 07:13 PM   #43
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah, if it was happening once every other game, it wouldn't bother me.... that is not what is happening on my game. This is something that happens every game and more than once per game. Only game I didn't see it happen was playing an FCS team.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjgbxx
Happens a lot on heisman
Yeah I think ODogg and others are playing on Varsity or simply not paying attention.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:18 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenFranchise10
Yeah I think ODogg and others are playing on Varsity or simply not paying attention.
I'm playing on All-American and I can assure you I'm paying extra attention. Since I got the game early I review it for the community and I stand by the statement I made earlier on. Perspective is unique to each person but I don't see this as being a huge problem.

However I will agree that the awareness overall is a bit too high for defenders, especially ones with their backs turned. But that issue and the super linebacker issue, while related are not exactly the same issue.

If you guys are playing on Heisman then you really have no reason to complain, EA has said the game is geared toward playing on All-American and Heisman is geared toward giving players the ultimate challenge. So boosts to the CPU are to be expected in such a scenario.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 07:19 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 9

Madden,

Why are you coming at ODogg and others like a two year old girl? You have some valid points, but make the points and let it be..
Old 07-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #47
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I certainly did not deny it in my retail impression. It is there. But it is not nearly as frequent as NCAA 11.

I still love the game. And for the record I play on All American.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 07-13-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I'm playing on All-American and I can assure you I'm paying extra attention. Since I got the game early I review it for the community and I stand by the statement I made earlier on. Perspective is unique to each person but I don't see this as being a huge problem.

However I will agree that the awareness overall is a bit too high for defenders, especially ones with their backs turned. But that issue and the super linebacker issue, while related are not exactly the same issue.

If you guys are playing on Heisman then you really have no reason to complain, EA has said the game is geared toward playing on All-American and Heisman is geared toward giving players the ultimate challenge. So boosts to the CPU are to be expected in such a scenario.
So you're saying a DE or LB should be able to make a play on a ball when:

- They never saw the Qb throw the ball.
- Their backs are turned.
- They're out of position relative to the WR.
- Their coverage stats are terrible.
- DE's can completely change momentum instantly (sprint one way, sprint the opposite way without slowing).
- Defenders can jump twice as high as they realistically should.
- Etc. Etc. Etc.
- DE's with 70 SPD/ACC are faster to the ball than my 97 SPD/ACC WR.

I've also seen plenty of awful defenders. Some LB's or DE's will just stay in their zone and not move at all while my QB scrambles right by them. Then once I'm 5 yards past, they'll turn and chase me. That's bad defense that's too bad, as opposed to being too good.

I'm not at all knocking your contribution to the community, but superman defenders appear several (10+) times a game. And playing on Heisman has nothing to do about it. It's a gameplay issue. EA should be able to program a more difficult AI setting without creating psychic superhumans. Right? Even on AA, it's more like 5-8 times per game, as opposed to once every other game, as you said.

As I stated before, I welcome realistic defensive challenges. But I don't want psychic superman defenders. It seems EA can't achieve both.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »