Home

Testing confirms running game hosed heres why, please pass on to EA

This is a discussion on Testing confirms running game hosed heres why, please pass on to EA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2011, 11:10 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Testing confirms running game hosed heres why, please pass on to EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
I see exactly what Jericho is saying now haha.

Here's the thing, it's not always a problem; it's an annoyance. It's unrealistic. I can beat the system by going up the gut 35 times a game and get tons of yards... which is even more unrealistic. You'd think they would start picking up on it after awhile but they don't. I could run the ball up the middle a dozen times, but if I then call a run to the outside and they go into that cover 2 zone, that CB is on me like white on rice, unless I compensate... which I shouldn't have to do. CB should not know which way I'm running at the snap.

At this point Im sure you are just ignoring me but ill say it again...myself and many other people are having no problems whatsoever running the ball to the outside on hesiman and all american. I pick up most of my yards with outside runs. So what is the reason that you cant do the same? That is what you need to ask yourself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 11:12 PM   #66
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

I read the title of the thread again before i posted this, and i'm only playing devil's advocate here because i agree with you guys about how BS this is regardless of success levels or whathaveyou.

EA is NOT going to fix this. Patch or game or anything. I am by NO MEANS a 2k guy and i'm not even going to get into comparisons, but this is always one of those things the 2k fans always point to when discussing differences in the types of programming. This is how EA makes games difficult. It's lazy and it basically makes the game pretty window dressing for a game that's far more predetermined and scripted than any of us really want to admit. It's like playing with action figures...

Anyways, good find on this. There's been a lot of dirty little secrets uncovered this summer and i'm pretty sure it's not going to matter come next summer when EA serves us another course of leftovers.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:14 PM   #67
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneer08
At this point Im sure you are just ignoring me but ill say it again...myself and many other people are having no problems whatsoever running the ball to the outside on hesiman and all american. I pick up most of my yards with outside runs. So what is the reason that you cant do the same? That is what you need to ask yourself.
I can run fine outside most of the time too, but if the DB is truly making a beeline to you in order to stop you the 1/10 times you get stopped, isn't that a bad deal? You're telling me you wouldn't rather just get stopped by good, sound, fundamental defense and playcalling?
Old 07-27-2011, 11:20 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneer08
Yea, you are severely misinterpreting it. The outside game can work, it just doesn't always, because the computer is able to predict your play in certain situations. Go into practice mode, and pick and outside run you are so amazing at and put it against a cover 2 zone. I doubt you will be as successful as you usually are. In game I would hope the computer varies the play calling enough that they aren't in that zone every time you run outside. But when they are, you probably aren't going to run as well as normal. Do you find that realistic, that the computer magically knows your play? If you do, ok, fine. But I would hope not.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:33 PM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Yea, you are severely misinterpreting it. The outside game can work, it just doesn't always, because the computer is able to predict your play in certain situations. Go into practice mode, and pick and outside run you are so amazing at and put it against a cover 2 zone. I doubt you will be as successful as you usually are. In game I would hope the computer varies the play calling enough that they aren't in that zone every time you run outside. But when they are, you probably aren't going to run as well as normal. Do you find that realistic, that the computer magically knows your play? If you do, ok, fine. But I would hope not.

Honestly I would have never even noticed it if it wasn't for this thread. So im assuming the cpu doesn't call cover 2 zones much in games.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:40 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 2

I do not think neither point is wrong. The issue is if you are looking for a football game that is 100% pure depiction of real football, then you will always be disappointed. I have great football knowledge ( I won't have a pissing contest on who knows more). But I do know what I want out of NCAA 12 is a competitive GAME that has the ability to let me forget that I'm playing a game

For the most part it does. Then you get hit with some reality like the one you discovered. What do you do? I, as long as it's not a game killer, choose to continue to play. I do know that there will be a time when the game will be unplayable. Usually that is when football season is over with and I lose interest anyways.

Rarely there is a sports game that will keep my interest 365 days til the next one come out. This is because Internet killed simulation gaming. I know that it is great for communication and playing people who you might have never played. But let's be real. How many people play random ranked games to get simulation games. We try to find a community who plays like us. Yet the Internet has also made glitches become mainstream. It has made companies think they cam come out earlier than usual because they can patch it up. Remember, NCAA was a august release and madden was September.

The older games are not better, the glitches wasn't as exposed.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:56 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend3001
I do not think neither point is wrong. The issue is if you are looking for a football game that is 100% pure depiction of real football, then you will always be disappointed. I have great football knowledge ( I won't have a pissing contest on who knows more). But I do know what I want out of NCAA 12 is a competitive GAME that has the ability to let me forget that I'm playing a game

For the most part it does. Then you get hit with some reality like the one you discovered. What do you do? I, as long as it's not a game killer, choose to continue to play. I do know that there will be a time when the game will be unplayable. Usually that is when football season is over with and I lose interest anyways.

Rarely there is a sports game that will keep my interest 365 days til the next one come out. This is because Internet killed simulation gaming. I know that it is great for communication and playing people who you might have never played. But let's be real. How many people play random ranked games to get simulation games. We try to find a community who plays like us. Yet the Internet has also made glitches become mainstream. It has made companies think they cam come out earlier than usual because they can patch it up. Remember, NCAA was a august release and madden was September.

The older games are not better, the glitches wasn't as exposed.

Very well said
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 11:58 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 2

Runnin is too easy to me on AA. Online rank games i get torched. Heisman seems cool to me. Not too easy not too hard. But a really fun game. Its killin me cuz im a nfl guy. But man that online dynasty is sweet. I dont kno wat to do aug 29. Madden demo better blow me away aug 9.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »