Home

Coaching Progression not fixed

This is a discussion on Coaching Progression not fixed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2011, 01:08 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Coaching Progression not fixed

So I get that it's unrealistic for so many A+ coaches to emerge. Whatever. But how does it affect MY coach/dynasty? I want to start a dynasty at Hawaii, a two star school. Will I never get a chance to coach at a bigger school because of always being beat out?
Old 09-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswaykos
So I get that it's unrealistic for so many A+ coaches to emerge. Whatever. But how does it affect MY coach/dynasty? I want to start a dynasty at Hawaii, a two star school. Will I never get a chance to coach at a bigger school because of always being beat out?
What I did when I had the game was balance the powers of every conference. For example, I put the best teams of each region in their BCS conference, mid level teams in the mid conference and the lower teams in Sun Belt type conferences. This helped keep the # of A+ coaches down somewhat due to usually only one team going undefeated. There were still 20+ coaches with an A+ rating. To go more into depth I put Oklahoma in the SEC and made them play Bama every year, after 5 or so seasons I remember Stoops not getting resigned after his contract expired. Hope this helps.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #11
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
I think we can call this game a FAIL! 2 patches still haven't fixed things. A 3rd one is not likely because EA Sports will have to fork out the mula! What a disappointing game after all the hype!
anyone know the cost they have to pay for a 3rd tuner?

i wouldn't imagine it could be to much? the way it sounds a 3rd tuner cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 01:42 PM   #12
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Tuners don't cost money to put out I'm pretty sure. Also, a game is allowed to release 3 patches, on the 4th, they have to pay. I'm pretty sure EA almost always releases a 3rd patch for NCAA.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 09-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickbeast
What I did when I had the game was balance the powers of every conference. For example, I put the best teams of each region in their BCS conference, mid level teams in the mid conference and the lower teams in Sun Belt type conferences. This helped keep the # of A+ coaches down somewhat due to usually only one team going undefeated. There were still 20+ coaches with an A+ rating. To go more into depth I put Oklahoma in the SEC and made them play Bama every year, after 5 or so seasons I remember Stoops not getting resigned after his contract expired. Hope this helps.
If this answered my question and I missed it, I'm sorry. But as far as MY coach is concerned, as I progress will I be shut out of 'good' jobs because of the other highly ranked coaches, or is this just an "annoyance" that goes against 'reality'?
Old 09-13-2011, 02:57 PM   #14
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
If this answered my question and I missed it, I'm sorry. But as far as MY coach is concerned, as I progress will I be shut out of 'good' jobs because of the other highly ranked coaches, or is this just an "annoyance" that goes against 'reality'?
I'm not 100% sure but from my experience (still playing pre-patch as I can't download the new patch) but after my 3rd season as an OC at Duke. I was offered the WVU (alma mater) and Purdue OC positions, as well as, the Washington State, Wake Forest and several other lower tiered schools HC position.

My feeling based on this is it will just take us a longer time to get offered one of the dream jobs, like Alabama, Michigan, Florida, etc. Again just my feeling after playing 3 seasons and going through 3 years of coaches carousels.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #15
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I believe this is the gist of it, yes.

I'm like 5 seasons in and can't get a decent job offer to save my life as an A+ coach.

It's pretty annoying to feel stuck with one particular school when you kind of want to change it up.

Also, one thing I am not clear on: Can you get offers while under a current contract? I have not seen this happen. I was just offered a new 4 year contract extension from my current school (which reduced my security from 99% to 49% for some reason) and I figure I'll be trapped for those 4 seasons. You also can't negotiate a different length deal which is annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 03:09 PM   #16
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strings74
I believe this is the gist of it, yes.

I'm like 5 seasons in and can't get a decent job offer to save my life as an A+ coach.

It's pretty annoying to feel stuck with one particular school when you kind of want to change it up.

Also, one thing I am not clear on: Can you get offers while under a current contract? I have not seen this happen. I was just offered a new 4 year contract extension from my current school (which reduced my security from 99% to 49% for some reason) and I figure I'll be trapped for those 4 seasons. You also can't negotiate a different length deal which is annoying.
You definitely get job offers while under contract. I believe from what I've read/seen they are sometimes just better offers when your contract is up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »