Home

YOUR plans for Conference Re-Alignment

This is a discussion on YOUR plans for Conference Re-Alignment within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #57
MVP

Dirty Turtles's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: YOUR plans for Conference Re-Alignment

I'll be doing the relegation/promotion system I did last year. Four geographical regions: East, West, South, Midwest.

The East consists of teams in the following states: Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia.

ACC is the top conference, with the top 10 teams playing in it.
Big East is the 2nd tier conference, with teams 11-20 playing in it.
MAC is the 3rd tier conference, with teams 21-30 playing in it.

The South consists of teams in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas.

SEC is the top conference, with the top 10 teams playing in it.
Conf USA is the 2nd tier conference, with teams 11-20 playing in it.
Sun Belt is the 3rd tier conference, with teams 21-30 playing in it.

The Midwest consists of teams in the following states: Illiniois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, and Ohio.

Big 10 is the top tier conference, with the top 10 teams playing in it.
Big 12 is the 2nd tier conference, with teams 11-20 playing in it.
The Independent group is the 3rd tier conference, with teams 21-30 playing in it.

The West consists of teams in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.

Pac-12 is the top tier conference, with the top 10 teams playing in it.
MWC is the 2nd tier conference, with teams 11-20 playing in it.
WAC is the 3rd tier conference, with teams 21-30 playing in it.

---

Last season Marshall had to join the Midwest region, and UTEP the West region to even everything out. I enjoy this set up because it is more difficult for the teams from the lower tier conferences to get into the title game. I played a season as Idaho last year and went unbeaten. I didn't even make it into the top 10. Nobody other than myself won more than 10 games in the regular season. The NCG was between the Oklahoma State Cowboys, who went 9-3, and the Oregon Ducks, who went 9-3 as well. Teams finished 6-6 and were in the top 25.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #58
Rookie

Altai's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
It's hard to say right now without alignment being over. I'd say Louisville is in the Big12 soon with FSU probably coming too. Don't know who would be coming in addition to them.
LOL What makes you think Louisville is gonna get into the Big 12?! But really how is adding Louisvillle going to make the Big 12 any better when they went 7-6 in a mediocre Big East conference?
NCAA: USC Trojans
MLS: Los Angeles Galaxy
BEPL: Chelsea

Last edited by Altai; 05-27-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #59
Banned

SafetyGreen's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelHog
I think this is how it stands right now as of 5.27.12

It'll change tomorrow I'm sure.
Thank you man, much appreciated.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #60
Banned

SafetyGreen's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altai
LOL What makes you think Louisville is gonna get into the Big 12?! But really how is adding Louisvillle going to make the Big 12 any better when they went 7-6 in a mediocre Big East conference?
It's all about markets and money. Not exactly sure how big Louisville's is though. Louisville has been a successful program recently though.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #61
Pro

Td1984's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm going to do the same thing I did last year. I have a realignment that takes into account what the newest "rumor du jour" happens to be. Then I update it as they change, then either update my current dynasty, or put it into effect starting with the next one I begin. Right now, it's

(numbers designate pairings for protected rivalries)

ACC:
Boston College
Connecticut
Duke
Georgia Tech
Maryland
Miami
North Carolina St
Pittsburgh
Syracuse
Virginia
Wake Forest
Departures: Clemson & Florida St to Big XII, North Carolina & Virginia Tech to SEC

Big XII:
North:
Iowa St (1)
Kansas (2)
Kansas St (3)
Louisville (4)
Notre Dame (5)
Oklahoma St (6)
West Virginia (7)

South:
Baylor (1)
Clemson (4)
Florida St (7)
Oklahoma (6)
TCU (3)
Texas (5)
Texas Tech (2)
Departures: Missouri & Texas A&M to SEC

Big East:
East:
ECU
Navy
Rutgers
Temple
UCF
USF

West:
Boise St
Cincinnati
Houston
Memphis
San Diego St
SMU
CCG: Lincoln Financial Field
Departures: Connecticut, Pittsburgh & Syracuse to ACC, Louisville & West Virginia to Big XII

Big Ten:
East:
Indiana (1)
Michigan (2)
Michigan St (3)
Ohio St (4)
Penn St (5)
Purdue (6)

West:
Illinois (4)
Iowa (6)
Minnesota (2)
Nebraska (5)
Northwestern (1)
Wisconsin (3)
CCG: Lucas Oil Stadium

C-USA:
FIU
Louisiana Tech
Marshall
North Texas
Rice
Southern Miss
Troy
Tulane
Tulsa
UAB
UTSA
Departures: ECU, Houston, Memphis, SMU & UCF to Big East, UTEP to MWC

Independent:
Army
Departures: BYU to WAC, Navy to Big East, Notre Dame to Big XII

MAC:
East:
Akron
Bowling Green
Buffalo
Kent St
Miami (OH)
Ohio
UMass

West:
Ball St
Central Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Northern Illinois
Toledo
Western Michigan
Departure: Temple to Big East
CCG: Ford Field

Mountain West:
Air Force
Colorado St
Fresno St
Hawai'i
Nevada
San Jose St
UNLV
Utah St
UTEP
Departures: Boise St & San Diego St to Big East, TCU to Big XII, New Mexico & Wyoming to WAC

Pac-12:
North:
California
Oregon
Oregon St
Stanford
Washington
Washington St

South:
Arizona
Arizona St
Colorado
UCLA
USC
Utah

CCG: Rose Bowl

SEC:
East:
Florida (1)
Georgia (2)
Kentucky (3)
North Carolina (4)
South Carolina (5)
Tennessee (6)
Vanderbilt (7)
Virginia Tech (8)

West:
Alabama (6)
Arkansas (5)
Auburn (2)
LSU (1)
Mississippi St (3)
Missouri (4)
Ole Miss (7)
Texas A&M (8)
CCG: Georgia Dome

Sun Belt:
Arkansas St
Florida Atlantic
Mid Tenn St
Texas St
Troy
UL-Lafayette
UL-Monroe
Western Kentucky
Departure: FIU & North Texas to C-USA

WAC:
BYU
Idaho
New Mexico
New Mexico St
Wyoming
Departures: Louisiana Tech to C-USA, Fresno St, Hawai'i, Nevada, San Jose St & Utah St to Mountain West

I moved a couple of teams over to the WAC to give it 5 teams instead of the minimum 4 (this is where I wish we could eliminate conferences, or at least the WAC). I might make more changes before I start a dynasty in this year's game.
MLB: Twins, Dodgers
NFL: Vikings
MLS: Minnesota United
Premier League: Manchester United

Last edited by Td1984; 05-27-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #62
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyGreen
It's all about markets and money. Not exactly sure how big Louisville's is though. Louisville has been a successful program recently though.
Correct, Louisville is a big name right now because of it's success and probability across all sports. Louisville is a 16th in revenue for all college sports. We're beating schools like Florida, Michigan, South Carolina, Southern California, North Carolina, etc.
http://www.ensbsn.com/2011/11/colleg...2011-the-list/

Basketball wise, we're #2 in the nation revenue, according to this Forbes report. I've seen us as #1 in years past as well. We're $10million more profitable than UK and they won the National Title this year.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/sportsmo...tball-revenue/

Louisville is pretty much a title contender in every sport right now for it's conference, and for national titles for the most part.

If not for the Kragthorpe years, Louisville football would likely still be pretty solid.

Also, Louisville has start-of-the-art facilities:

In football Louisville's stadium is one of the newest in college football and seats 55,000 fans, which is bigger than 1/2 of the current Big12 schools. It plans to expand the Stadium again, and is already expanding the facilities surrounding the stadium next summer. The Traeger center is their indoor practice field, and it is also brand new and state-of-the-art. Papa John's Cardinal Stadium also is all chair-back seating. Meaning, no bleachers. If they installed bleachers we could fit about another 5,000 or so.

In basketball the Cardinals play in the YUM! Center which you would have noticed on TV during the regionals. It sits 22,000 and is nicer than nearly every NBA arena on the planet. They also have the YUM! Practice center on campus, which houses the basketball teams practice facilities as well as for I believe soccer. VERY nice, been in there twice for the final practice before the Big East tourny.

I know this is way too much to prove my point, but the point being is that many people don't know very much about Louisville outside of basketball. I can bet you that if you ever have an opportunity to travel to Louisville and see our facilities, whether it be basketball, soccer, football, field hockey, lacrosse, baseball, the Olympic sports, etc. you will be thoroughly impressed with EVERYTHING we have to offer.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:28 PM   #63
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

BTW, I think now that FSU is probably going to stay in the ACC. I don't pay attention to other schools, nor am I well connected with them. However, I had heard recently that FSU's Board of Trustees and nixed the idea of joining the Big12. I think part of it was due to concern about the additional $5 million or so extra they calculated it would cost them in travel expenses.

Apparently Miami has expressed that it wants to stay in the ACC, and I don't see Clemson going anywhere.

I think Louisville will be added as a team for 2013 or 2014 to help link WVU into the picture, and the Big12 will take another swing or two at trying to bring in Notre Dame.

I'm not sure who the Big12 would take to get back to 12 or jump to 14. I think the ACC schools would be more plausible if the Big12 didn't have to pay their exit fees to get them into their conference.

Ideally I would have the Big12 grab Louisville, Florida State, Clemson, and Notre Dame. That would certainly put them in contention with the SEC in football, and they'd certainly be better in basketball. Not sure whose going to challenge the ACC's supremacy there though unless it begins to collapse if it gets raided.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #64
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

Also, I don't expect anything crazy to happen until after the June 20th meetings on the new playoff system. After that it could be a mad dash to form the Super Conferences.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »