Home

How did I not win the Heisman?

This is a discussion on How did I not win the Heisman? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #9
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How did I not win the Heisman?

My QB led the voting all 4 years and when it was announced he always dropped to second. Thought maybe it was because he was an underclass but when the same thing happend as a senior I was pretty let down.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #10
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

I had around 9500 All Purpose Yards and I think 70 TDS with Chris Rainey in a online dynasty with Florida. I was undefeated and the #1 team. My friend had Oregon and LaMichael James stole the Heisman with his 3200 All Purpose Yards and 35 TD season.
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #11
Rookie

KingNick865's Arena

OVR: 0

I've always wondered if television exposure helps (or hurts) the Heisman logic in this game.
NHL: Nashville Predators
Soccer: FC Barcelona
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 11
In dynasty I run, hb have won every year, currently year 6. Controversy happened year 1 and year 3. Year 1, race was decided by 19 points, but wrong hb won. The hb who won had more rushing yards but the other hb had more all purpose yards and tds(rushing, receiving, and total tds). Neither team had conference championship game though. Year 3 my wr had over 90 catches 2500 yards 27 td over 100 rushing yards 2 rushing td but did not win heisman but I also had the qb in the race as well.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Frankly, most of your all's statistics are outright unrealistic and fantasy stuff. Is it possible that this may have something to do with it? Perhaps the CPU punishes you for having accumulated stats that have no basis in reality?

I really don't know as I rarely have my players in competition for the Heisman as my offense is usually fairly balanced, I don't exploit/cheese, and my difficulty settings are high enough.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #14
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
Frankly, most of your all's statistics are outright unrealistic and fantasy stuff. Is it possible that this may have something to do with it? Perhaps the CPU punishes you for having accumulated stats that have no basis in reality?

I really don't know as I rarely have my players in competition for the Heisman as my offense is usually fairly balanced, I don't exploit/cheese, and my difficulty settings are high enough.
From what I can tell, they do. My HB won the Heisman with 1800 Run Yards, 22 TDs, averaging about 9 YPC, which are worse than the stats other people have given, but much more realistic. (I played in the WAC as a TB team. He was a transfer from Auburn. I also received two OL transfers from VTech and Tulsa.)
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 05-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #15
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992

I play the game by the book and as realistic as possible till about february. After february, I start cheesing and trying to put up video game stats because it is a video game. Its pretty fun actually. In my RTGs I still win the Heisman even with ridiculously unrealistic stats. Sometimes the best player doesnt win in my dynastys/RTGs but more times than not, the one with the best stats wins.

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #16
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

It's completely random some of the time. I tested this at some point this year: I didn't win the Heisman after having a great year with my RB. So, I reloaded the Dynasty to see if the same guy would win again.... but a completely different guy won, so I reloaded it again and finally won. 3 loads, 3 different Heisman winners. I don't know why it does it that way some of the time, but it does. However, I have won it without reloading many, many times. I think at some point I actually won the Heisman and wasn't even on the Heisman list at the end of the season. Hopefully with this new Heisman mode, or whatever they're calling it, they'll fix the logic behind the award in Dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »