Home

NCAA Football 14 Demo Impressions Roundtable

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Demo Impressions Roundtable within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2013, 11:56 PM   #41
Rookie

Phillyboy57's Arena

OVR: 0
I like the changes but NCAA needs a lot more. I HOPE the stamina plays a HUGE role because i don't want to see slow teams running Oregon and Clemson spread attacks. NCAA 13 was unreal as i could run no huddle with anybody and defense is nowhere caught up to the offense. The new plays are welcome but again we need more. Only 1 dart play??? Dart is a line protection not just a play just like stretch and zone. Hell i play o-line we can run any play with zone blocking, dart, stretch, dash, quick, firm, fan, whatever. As a football game i think its ok for the majority but as a football player i think we need a 2k game or something for sim, physics and realism. Again i want NCAA to be a good game since it is all we got and i do have fun with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2013, 12:04 AM   #42
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: NCAA Football 14 Demo Impressions Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
A basic Roster and Dynasty xml file is already available listing most of the fields to do the basic ratings/equipment/player physical builds etc...

When you get to the Profile save, which most of the drastic changes will come from, it's best to do it yourself because the variance of what each gamer sees as realistic/sim style football is too great.

This is were you get the "I don't see a difference" notations.

It's too difficult to ask someone else to tweak/tune the game to my personal perception of a good football game.

That's just how it is unfortunately.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

So it's best everyone do their own Profile editing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art01
It is certainly possible for a person to do edits, then share edited Rosters via Roster Share. The problem is that, for example, the edits I will make to best suit my game play style would probably not be the edits you would want to best suit your game play style. You can test this statement by downloading my latest edited roster for NCAA13 under gamer tag "ArtD01". But don't be surprised if you are not happy with the way my edited Roster plays. Also, I have adjusted the Sliders to further enhance the game for me, so the edited Roster and the Sliders go together. I see no reason to expect that edited versions of NCAA14 will be any less user-specific.
Thanks for the responses and I meant to clarify that I was asking in reference to an Online Dynasty, not a solo offline one. I understand that there is no ideal setting for everyone but just like with sliders, it could be possible to find an edited version all players in an OD could accept.

I will definitely be keeping an eye open for a thread on this editor after NCAA 14 drops, to see what people have been able to create.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:08 AM   #43
Rookie

nazzman's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
i don't know what it is, but i'm just not feeling this part of what everyone's saying just yet. graphics are important to me for whatever personal reason, but there were times when playing '13 that i was amazed by how the player helmets looked, jerseys too on the closeups. it just hasn't popped for me yet on the demo, but like i've repeatedly said, for me, there is always an adjustment period with the leap between years. ...
Don't apologize for the disappointment with player graphics, friend. The players look just OK to downright crappy. Cartoonish and arcade-like when the play is in action. What happened?

I agree about the adjustment period, though.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #44
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
why does everyone keep thinking that the next gen will fix things. thats obsurd. ive been around for every gen that has come out since NES. the NCAA move to ps2 was garbage until 04 which wasnt anywhere near 06 which wasnt anywhere near the versions that came out on ps2 once the ps3 came out. remember how good ncaa 08 looked? they used all the power for graphics and the game was complete garbage. all we had was a weather channel function. it hasnt got a ton better. but i bet next years ncaa(14) which im sure will be on both gens will be better on this gen. prob for a few years. thats the trend that we have had with ea for a long time. did the jayson guy even play the demo? not that i care but i have never read a review that didnt review. and yea i totally agree that this game should of come out along time ago. that ea should be in a 2year cycle. that ncaa on this gen has been really bad but slowly improving. i really liked last year but it had a game killer with the db issue. the run game and option was still a joke on 13. tackling looked terrible and oline interaction was the same on ncaa 02. those seemed to be fixed or better. and should of been fixed and better way back in 09. but thinking next gen is the savior it fooling yourself. it will take a few years if not 5 or 6 to really get it where it can be. same way on the other gens with ncaa and madden. and guys dont sell your xbox's and ps3's thinking that next gen will save your college football gaming. just some forwarning from a grey bush thats seen it all before. i guess jayson wasnt around for the last gen jump.
I agree, remember the first 2 or 3 years this gen were actually a step backward from the 2005 games of last gen.
Madden 05 on the ps2 and xbox was a better game all the way up to 09 or 10 this gen.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #45
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Thanks for the responses and I meant to clarify that I was asking in reference to an Online Dynasty, not a solo offline one. I understand that there is no ideal setting for everyone but just like with sliders, it could be possible to find an edited version all players in an OD could accept.

I will definitely be keeping an eye open for a thread on this editor after NCAA 14 drops, to see what people have been able to create.
I don't play online, but for those who play in an online Dynasty, I agree that being able to use the editor to create a common Roster and Profile to best suit the objectives of that group of Dynasty players would be a good idea. To do so successfully would require that all players in a particular online Dynasty agree in advance to a set of "rules" which would govern the modifications made to the Roster and Profile. There would also need to be a way to test the modifications before Dynasty play begins, so that all players are satisfied with the play style.

The fact that we can actually make these types of modifications to the game makes all the difference for me. Now that I have personally experienced the fun of making the changes and the satisfaction of seeing the successful results, I doubt that I could enjoy the game if this capability is taken away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #46
Rookie

8iron's Arena

OVR: 2
I enjoyed the demo but about half of my offensive plays the play preview looked like it had OD'd on espresso. Instead of straight lines there were wildly gyrating squiggles. On ps3
Old 06-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

Been playing awhile now still struggling with user pass rush

Anyone have tips on how to beat a block while rushing (I always use DE)
Old 06-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #48
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

prob the wrong spot to ask but since its been brought up in here, what do you guys mean by the overating? i know it was a huge prob for years on here, moreso the progression being to powerful but do you guys mean individiual skills are to high or overall or what? didnt someone who reviewed say that there were to many overall rated 99 defenses? that doesnt matter since overall of teams factor in depth also. the overalls for individual players are not important either as they just add up the position specific skills of player to reach them. i start guys in the 70's over high 80's all the time because overalls dont translate to the field. just wondering what it is thats overpowered? i hope the progression stays the same. its not perfect but its better now than it ever was.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »