Home

NCAA, no excitement anymore?

This is a discussion on NCAA, no excitement anymore? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA, no excitement anymore?

Ea hasn't show much this year all that we have gotten is articles and some screen shots and that has been it. Last year they showed a lot of game play videos and this year we haven't got anything.

I'm glad to see a lot of 30+ year old guys on this site. Me being a 31 year olds, no longer feels like an old guy on here.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #58
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm excited. I just got tired of all the bickering and fighting and complaining about the same old stuff that I stopped coming here as much. Seeing the same argument play out about equipment gets old after awhile.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 29

I'm about to be 37 and am indeed salivating for this game. I loved the demo, but stopped playing a couple weeks ago now I just stare at my teams on teambuilder in anticipation.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #60
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I am very "interested" in this years game, but not as excited as I have been in prior years. 3 reasons come to mind for me:

1. If recent years are an indication, I know I am in for at least 20 hours of working with different sliders and settings upfront before I will get an enjoyable game.

2. While the fixes and new stuff are great, I am always worried about what they broke or took away.

3. And I have just lost patience with some of those issues that have been around for ever like CPU clock management.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #61
Rookie

SlickRick11's Arena

OVR: 6

I've been playing College Football games since the start (Bill Walsh football and College Football USA) and have owned everyone since.....This is the first year I was considering skipping, that wasnt even an option in the past.....This consideration came from year after year of this gen's letdowns and the lazy development team.....The only games on this gen I've really enjoyed and had fun with was NCAA 11 and NCAA 13.....Ultimately though after playing the demo, skimming through these forums everyday, buying a college football magazine of the yearly preview on all 126 teams, and watching E3.....My inner fan and the Hype got me and I've already preordered NCAA 14 and cant wait to play it

I truly believe it will be the best game of the entire series, I may be wrong but thats wishful thinking.....and also I do agree that these forums have been weirdly quiet compared to most late June's and early July's

-5 time National Champions (the same as Florida and Florida State.....COMBINED)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volz4lif3
Ok let me start off saying I'm a 37 y/o man.(usually excited by the game coming out) Past years the excitement level has drastically changed around these forums. I remember in the past people were salivating to get this game early and peeps who had the game were giving perspectives of the game and etc..question is Has NCAA ran its course and change should come from EA or is it a dying game?
For me the same problems have existed for the life of this generation of hardware and from the beginning the game just was not been as fun as it was last gen. I'm at the point of apathy. I really don't care anymore. Yes I try the game every year, hoping and wanting it to be different but it never is. I've seen enough from the demo to conclude that it's not for me yet again this year. Only this year I won't be buying it. Admittedly I contribute to the problem by buying a game that I'm always dissatisfied with but now I'm done. From what I've seen from Madden I'll probably skip it too. There are to many good games out there that are entertaining and much more enjoyable than to waste my time constantly being frustrated and feeling like I'm constantly fighting with the controller.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

personally I'm pretty excited for recruiting and the new option attack. Might implement a lot of option plays with a pro style offense for Miami. Also maybe a 3-4. I'm excited for the new recruiting system. I hope once it moves to a new gen the game will be a lot better
Old 07-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #64
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm 35 myself and absolutely adore college football. I used to be a bigger NFL fan, but aside from fantasy, pretty much ignore the pro game. My gaming tendencies have followed suit.

This year, I am REALLY pumped...even scheduled a week vacation around release day (which I am unfortunately not going to get due to stuff going on at work). I downloaded the demo for the first time ever and was blown away. Even thinking about getting a season pass just to have it a couple of days early.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »