Home

Games not even fun to play with all the CPU cheating

This is a discussion on Games not even fun to play with all the CPU cheating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2014, 10:23 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Games not even fun to play with all the CPU cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadedSteeler
Fact is the AI is so brain dead. Don't know how many times i've seen cpu teams ruin great games by running the clock out on themselves.
I encountered this issue yesterday and I could not believe my eyes. The CPU team was down by 1 point. All they needed to do was drive the ball within field goal range and attempt to kick the winning field goal. But instead the CPU treated the play as if they were the ones up by a single point and they ran out the clock. How messed up is that. What a way to ruin a good game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 10:29 AM   #42
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I encountered this issue yesterday and I could not believe my eyes. The CPU team was down by 1 point. All they needed to do was drive the ball within field goal range and attempt to kick the winning field goal. But instead the CPU treated the play as if they were the ones up by a single point and they ran out the clock. How messed up is that. What a way to ruin a good game.
At least now you know that it happens so you can call the timeout for them the next time you see it.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-21-2014, 03:12 PM   #43
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9

Harder difficulty just makes the team you use dumber and there team smarter

Varsity 50/50 even
AA- 40/60 favors cpu
Heisman-30/70 favors cpu more

Ive also noticed you see way more animation on the lower difficulties. I've played the crap out of every Ncaa, and when I play a buddy or my son who are new to the game we played on varsity so they get used to the controls and what not. I seen many new animations that I never seen before because I only play on AA or Heisman.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:55 PM   #44
MVP

Ice_Cold345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger

Varsity 50/50 even
AA- 40/60 favors cpu

Ive also noticed you see way more animation on the lower difficulties. I've played the crap out of every Ncaa, and when I play a buddy or my son who are new to the game we played on varsity so they get used to the controls and what not. I seen many new animations that I never seen before because I only play on AA or Heisman.
This is why sliders exist, to fix the balancing issues, but not lose the challenge. Matt10's Community Sliders are outstanding to play because of the variety and the team doesn't feel dragged down with WR dropping every pass, like some sliders have them.
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers
NASCAR: Ryan Newman

One day, Purdue Men's Basketball and Football will become relevant again.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:19 PM   #45
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Cold345
This is why sliders exist, to fix the balancing issues, but not lose the challenge. Matt10's Community Sliders are outstanding to play because of the variety and the team doesn't feel dragged down with WR dropping every pass, like some sliders have them.

Ya I wasn't hating on the game because I enjoy it a lot. I was trying to explain why it feels like the cpu is cheating lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2014, 05:00 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger

Varsity 50/50 even
AA- 40/60 favors cpu

I switched to Varsity level gameplay about 3-4 years ago and never returned to the higher difficulty levels because I felt with adjusted sliders + Edited players ratings the game played beautiful and organic.

I also agree the best animations hands down seem to play out on Varsity level. I believe this is a direct result of ratings being more a factor on the field.

For example a WR with 90 SPC rating will trigger more SPC animations on Varsity as opposed to Heisman because I think the game code as you explained tend to reduce Human players ratings down by a certain percentage on Heisman in order to make the game more challenging.

The problem is the sliders have been broken IMO every since NCAA 11.

That game (NCAA 11) was awesome on Varsity level because at that time all sliders did what they were suppose to do and the effects of each slider could actually been seen immediately on the field.

Having said that I've never been able to re-capture the fun of NCAA 11 with Human vs CPU sliders in NCAA 14. But Coach mode in NCAA 14 has been an absolute blast to play on Varsity Level with adjusted sliders.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-22-2014, 10:51 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 2

What a difference 24 hours makes. I only recently picked up NCAA 14 last weekend and since then I have been playing some exhibition games against myself (I am using the CU Buffalos and have played against the CU Buffalos in all my exhibition games) in "Coach Mode" games as I familiarize myself with my playbook and how on field audibles and shifts work. It has been a frustrating week as I could do nothing right on defense. What gets me too was that while I am no Buddy Ryan, I used to play the game, on offense as well as defense and I am knowledgeable on how to call a defensive game. But I still could not stop anything my opponents threw at me. It doesn't help that I am using the Buffalos (what can I say while I never attended the school, I did live in Boulder CO for a while and did attend some of the Buffs games). But something was wrong and last night I figured it out (stupid me).

I had changed my sliders using the recommendations in a CPU vs CPU slider thread, but I was not paying attention to what I changed. I ended up reducing all the slider skills of the Human controlled team using the slider thread's recommendations. But the CPU sliders were still at their default settings. So I was severely handicapped in my games. Fortunately they were only exhibition games. But last night I got it right, I ended up changing the sliders for both Human and CPU teams and what a difference that meant in the game. All of a sudden my defense was able to make plays and I ended up beating the other visiting CU Buffs team in a 10 minute Quarters Coach Mode game 26-6. I am going to play one more exhibition game this time as the visiting team to have one more crack at familiarizing myself with the playbook and other in game features before I begin my regular season for real. But the game was a lot more fun when my defense wasn't always getting beat on virtually every play. Of course I will be in for a tough season using the Buffs in the Pac-12. I am hoping I can muster up a 7-5 or 8-4 season and get a Bowl invite somewhere. But it won't be easy. Sure I can beat the CU Buffs using the CU Buffs and home field advantage. But can I beat some of the top Pac-12 teams in their buildings? Only time will tell.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:22 PM   #48
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't get the issues you guys are complaining about. I routinely kill the cpu even with custom sliders and Heisman difficulty. My buddy and i have been playing a co-op dynasty and have been doing so well we have set up some house rules. We can only stay at a school for 3 seasons before we have to leave and go to another school that sucks and needs help.

Sent from my N9510 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »