Home

Have you ever seen a BLOCKED FIELD GOAL in this game???

This is a discussion on Have you ever seen a BLOCKED FIELD GOAL in this game??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2014, 03:31 PM   #25
Rookie

Cards_King70's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Have you ever seen a BLOCKED FIELD GOAL in this game???

I am curious about patch that Jello1717 because I wonder did that patch eliminate FG/Punt block glitch ?.

Oh, I think I never have seen my players block FG/Punt as coach mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2014, 02:49 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I fear that if they did include blocks and bad snaps, we'd end up having a lot more of them than occurs in real life, which wouldn't be ideal, either.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:28 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by convict38
I have blocked a punt before. The trick is the punting team has to be backed up in the end zone so there's not the usual amount of distance between the defender and the LOS. This gives the defense just enough time to get to the punter before he kicks it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree here, but the only time I've blocked a punt it was with not only the condition listed above, but also on one of those end of the half plays when the punting team is running the play clock down all the way. It proved to be that extra tick of the clock you save by timing when to getting a running start with your inside (of the outside pairing) defender.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:45 AM   #28
Rookie

Didnt watch the video earlier. But, if you sub your faster player in at Punt returner, line up in FG block, and start him in a rush toward the right side and switch players (to let the cpu do the block attempt) right as the ball is hiked, I could block maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 attempts.

I still remember in 2004 or something when you could line up in punt safe and rush right up the middle and block kicks 50% of the time
Old 11-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #29
Rookie

I've never blocked a punt come close punt just miss it either over dive or dive too late.

XP or FG.. I've had about 6 or 7 total. The video is one way to do it. I usually take the guy on the far right side... Move him one step closer to the man inside. TIMING IS EVERYTHING! if you get the proper timed jump with your speed burst and cut the angle you can get there with a dive. Usually if you do it right the guy just inside of you will occupy the farthest outside blocker. The next inside blocker will get pinched inside trying to get out to you on the edge. You'll be able to beat his block.

I try it almost every XP try still only have gotten a few. That's how hard it is. FG are even more risky because you'll usually be offsides. Thus giving up the 5 yard penalty.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:40 AM   #30
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
To add to my list of special teams gripes, I love how the CPU frequently attempts 50-60 yard field goals, even when their kicker doesn't have the leg to make one past 45 yards or so.

I mean, it's free field position for me, but it feels so cheap.
This doesn't happen to me. On the rare occasion the CPU kicker actually misses a FG, it's usually wide rather than short and always from 55+ yards For me, if they don't attempt the FG they either go for it or punt from the 30 yard line with the obvious result of it being a touchback.

As for blocked FGs, I've never seen one in the game, though I did see a fake FG once. Blocked a punt in 13, but it was with the CPU backed up to their own 1 or 2 and the punter kicking from the back of the endzone.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 11-02-2014, 01:57 AM   #31
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
This doesn't happen to me. On the rare occasion the CPU kicker actually misses a FG, it's usually wide rather than short and always from 55+ yards For me, if they don't attempt the FG they either go for it or punt from the 30 yard line with the obvious result of it being a touchback.
I'd bet dollars to donuts that you don't play on Heisman. The issue that you're replying to, which is a very well known issue, is a Heisman level issue.

On Heisman the CPU is infamous for attempting FGs that they have absolutely no business trying. It's so bad that they'll attempt some where the kick won't even cross the goal line in the air. Not the end line. The goal line.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 11-02-2014 at 02:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2014, 07:10 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 6

There is a threshold for the Kick Accuracy Rating at 45. Adjusting the Kick Accuracy Rating to 44 or lower for a Kicker will dramatically alter Field Goal and PAT results. There is also a less-well-defined threshold of between 45 and 50 for the Kick Power Rating for Kickers.

The Difficulty Setting also has an impact on Kicking when the Kick Accuracy and Kick Power Ratings are set near the threshold levels.

Note please that I am not talking about Slider Settings, but about Player Ratings settings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »