Home

saying what needs to be said...

This is a discussion on saying what needs to be said... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2004, 10:08 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: saying what needs to be said...

The thing with the 30% pass completion percentage is that the CPU complete's the same percentage. So, although the percentage is unrealistically low across the board, it all balances out. *shrugs* However, in my Miss St dynasty in year one O.Conner complete 43% of his passes and K.York completed 48%. They combined for a little over 2,000 yds and 21 TD with only 6 Int between them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2004, 12:03 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 18

it still shouldnt be so low....sometimes i feel there is no flow to the game...in a positive sense at least

and is it me or are the O playbooks just terrible...for one...there are no WR blocking assignments in any playbook(minimal, i checked them all, went over this weeks ago)...a whole bunch of routes include ******* angles in them...and a whole bunch, just bunch up over the middle

i have been pinoying how there is super awareness, but forget the butler

the playbooks did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2004, 12:44 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 8

Meh, that doesn't need to be said. I like the game. That's all that matters to me. I don't care if you, or anyone else hates the game or can't pass.
Old 08-08-2004, 02:25 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgameonly
This is a way better game than last years, the home field advantage was way overdue, the big hits, the better player models, the better stadiums, and above all else the better gameplay. For all you complainers about drops, it is not the game. Look at the trend on the boards, people who had no problem with drops still dont have the problem, and more and more I am seeing that the drop problem is going away as the user gets better. There aint a damn thing wrong with the game when it comes to catching the ball, its the user, sorry but truth hurts. I play with the catching slider on 10 for me and 11 for the computer on all american, problem free as it has been from day one.

This game may not be a "simulation" so to speak, but this year the cheeser is screwed. I played a buddy who always had moderate success with his bs cheese tactics, I have always been a simulation, straight player. Point being I beat him 51-7 over the course of two games. This is great, a game that actually rewards someone playing in a realistic fashion, about time. Stop complaining learn some pocket presence, learn to read a defense, learn to put touch on your throws, learn when to use the play fake, learn when to throw the ball away, learn to use a mismatch, and then when you have eliminated the "user error" that is your problem from playing the way you have for years, enjoy the hell out of this very good game.
There is no way that I think this is a sim. Playing online is a joke. It is almost impossible to find a good game with someone who will play straight up w/o the bull.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:03 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

maybe i'm just real lucky, but every SINGLE game that i've played online has been non cheese like on both ends.

My online record is like 1-16, alot of those losses thanks to the lag that I sometimes get, in which i get kicked out of the game.

But most of the time online games for me are the most realistic aspect of this game.

And alot of times I play random games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2004, 04:11 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyHoppIII
maybe i'm just real lucky, but every SINGLE game that i've played online has been non cheese like on both ends.

My online record is like 1-16, alot of those losses thanks to the lag that I sometimes get, in which i get kicked out of the game.

But most of the time online games for me are the most realistic aspect of this game.

And alot of times I play random games.
Maybe I just have really bad luck.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:31 PM   #47
Rookie

The people on the board who are saying there is no flow to the game partly because of the drops, are dead on. It just seems like there is something missing from the game. I have never been big on graphics and animations, but the game just seems imho to be stale. Why are people getting so upset when it comes to pointing obvious flaws of the game. I know people who defend the game will tell everyone that every game has flaws. Or tell us to go practice more. But the ncaa series has had years to improve on the game, and I think all we really have gotten is crumbs instead of the blockbuster game we are still waiting on and that ea can provide.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:34 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by navarre
After playing ncaa 2005 on my xbox since its release and playing a crap load of games in that time, and also holding out judgement on it, I must agree with the people on this board that are under whelmed with this years game and all the problems that are in it (ncaa 2005). The drops are horrible. Not to mention there is really nothing new as far as the engine goes. It is essentially the same old **** we've been seeing in madden and the ncaa for the last three and a half four years and it is starting to get old. As someone who has been coming to OS forums since '97, I have never seen the visceral reaction to people who criticize this game. The people who criticize the game have very legitimate points. Why are people on this board acting like they work for ea? My initial reaction after playing a few games after I bought it was damn I spent $50 on essentially the same game from last year with a couple more bells and whistles. I have to say I will hold off buying ncaa until they change the dated engine, add in game saves, gang tackles, and the three announcers to announce all of the games. To end, I think there has been alot of people on this board who have been drinking the Kool Aid that ea has been dishing out. Disappointing.
Dont listen to the zombie "fanbots" You have legitiment reason to be upset. EA needs to get off their lazy hinies and brew up a new engine..i think they are just flat out lazy and greedy. Same with Madden..im tired of EA getting over on people. Im not saying NCAA or Madden are bad games but they are pretty much the same games over the past 4 years with little tweaks and stuff which is LAME. 50 bucks for little tweaks each year is pretty bogus.

Glad you spoke up and not afraid to speak your mind in a forum filled with fanbots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »