Home

What Features Do You Want to See in EA Sports College Football?

This is a discussion on What Features Do You Want to See in EA Sports College Football? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2021, 11:02 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: What Features Do You Hope To See In The New Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Please, EA, DO NOT BRING THE XP SYSTEM TO NCAA. The XP progression system is the absolute worst change to the series of all time.
I agree. I'd prefer something like a work ethic attribute for progression or position coaches rated A to F to assist progression. There are a lot of possibilities. XP is too arcade at least in dynasty mode. If they want to do XP in some other mode that I don't play then that's fine.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:13 PM   #74
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

A lot of Madden concepts, and a lot of similar features to NCAA14. Not expecting parity with that title out of the gate, but some solid steps towards that. Absolutely need a parity between teams that we don't see in Madden, and the coaching carousel. Anything less and the game is a failure it's opening year IMO.

From an innovation perspective, I'd like to see careers span the EA football titles in a multi-game career mode:
  • Create a high school player
  • play out my college career
  • export the class to Madden
  • get drafted
  • play through my career there
  • Join the ranks of coaching a coaching staff as a coordinator/head coach
  • When my contract is up (or I am fired) have the option to export to the college game and explore opportunities there, with my legacy intact (ie College Championship winner, multiple-pro bowl NFL player).
  • Until retired, opportunities to move between the titles as my career progresses

The engaging investment creates a symbiosis between the titles that could potentially have me playing year-round again.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:20 PM   #75
Rookie

seaside24's Arena

Bring Back the SI magazines and add a College Game Day studio crew.

Show small highlight clips of games from the around the country.

Next Gen consoles should be able to take the immersion factor to another level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2021, 11:54 PM   #76
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

I'd like to see something similar to TeamBuilder in designing your school's uniforms. The difference is that you can design an alternate home and road uniform for each school.

If the school is a Nike school, then you get to use the Nike template and tools. If it's Under Armour, then you get to use a UA template and tools.
Old 02-04-2021, 02:17 AM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Please, EA, DO NOT BRING THE XP SYSTEM TO NCAA. The XP progression system is the absolute worst change to the series of all time.
It HAS to be something other than linear progression. That was the worst turn off of the whole game. EVERY halfback had 99 break tackle after 5 seasons, all players turned out the same.
Old 02-04-2021, 06:07 AM   #78
Banned

*Player likeness i.e if a QB is rated over 80 and he is like 3rd on the depth chart he should consider Transfer Portal that 80+ QB knows he can start on any team who needs a QB the following season

*Recruiting System like Ncaa 12 I like how the system was make promises Spend minutes of calls imo it was a better way & much difficult way

*High School Stats if we are recruiting players we like to see what stats he putting up in HS

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-04-2021, 10:37 AM   #79
Rookie

I'm loving all of these ideas from everyone. It's great to get the mind going on all the things we wish the game could be.

GAMEPLAY IS KING! It can't be a MADDEN rehash or all the excitement from the fans will turn to major disappointment. If the gameplay is GREAT then everything else will fall into placce.

Here's a few ideas I haven't seen mentioned

1. ARCHIVE SYSTEM - Would love to be able to look back a previous seasons and see who won the Heisman (or other awards), which teams won their conference, teams wins/losses, see where coaches were (HC, OC, DC, position coaches, etc.), Recruiting Classes (Which players reached full potential and which ones, transferred and flamedout)

I know a lot of Dynasty players use excel sheets or secondary websites to track their dynasties through the years. I have used www.avidmanager.com to track all of my seasons. Would be nice to not have to track that on the side and just be able to have it on the game.

2. SCHOOL RECORDS / SCHOOL HISTORY - School records more fleshed out would be great. I'm fine if they start it without any records to begin with but seeing a player set a record for career TDs at your school and then watching that hotshot recruit chase it down in the following years is a nice added immersion to the game.

3. CUSTOMIZATION - This is a MUST. From what I read it looks like we are able to edit rosters, names and everything. However, will that be able to be shared with the community through the game is a big question mark. Like noted from a few other folks, have a Playoff with 4, 8, 12, 16 teams or electing the BCS format would be outstanding.

RECRUITING has been hit on a lot and I love everyone's ideas... It does need to be more developed and should be a game within the game. Though I think having a way to feed both groups from those that love the recruiting aspect as much as playing the game (Like Myself) to those that would rather have that more streamlined and get back to the on-field play. I would like to see a way to add more In-Game AI Helpers to make the recruiting less cumbersome for those that do not want to put in the additional time. A way to list out that you could Turn ON/OFF the delegation of certain aspects to the AI

Looking forward to the new game hopefully by fall of 2022 would be fantastic
Old 02-04-2021, 10:45 AM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matecheck
It HAS to be something other than linear progression. That was the worst turn off of the whole game. EVERY halfback had 99 break tackle after 5 seasons, all players turned out the same.
Completely agree. I remember in the older PS2 games that progression was more random for each player in the off-season. A few guys would get that big 5-7 point jump. Others would be 3-5 and some guys would go up 1 point or even 0. Even if this is the version of progression. I could live with it. I'm not sure about regression as it's just a 4-5 year run with a player (18-23 yrs old), much different then the Pro games where a player comes up at 20-22 yrs old and regresses in their 30's. I'd rather see players always progress, but maybe it's only 1 point or even 0 progression that year. Perhaps their progression could be tied to an attribute, like discipline or a new "hard-worker" attribute. I wouldnt make that an automatic guarantee to make big improvements but the likelihood of a random draw could be higher. Just a thought.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »