Home

FIFA online is NOT football

This is a discussion on FIFA online is NOT football within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2017, 09:15 PM   #25
Rookie

Ghostrider1078's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA online is NOT football

I am feeling the frustration OP...my weekly FUT goals this week involved playing online seasons games so I decided to give it a try despite my earlier sentiment that I stuck to offline games.

I did okay at first, even won a couple games, but now I've lost several in a row and it seems that all the players play the same way. they park the bus, play the counter attack, and then anticipate my passes as I try to break down their defense.

I literally have no answer for these tactics. I admit I am not a good player...I'm likely average at best and mediocre at worst, but it sucks trying to overcome the way they play. I'm not saying they're cheating or anything like that, its just frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2017, 02:20 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka
The year playing squad battles is pretty good too. They collect all the team tactics and playing nuances from real life players and you can play their squads - even though you're playing the AI, it seems much improved over offline CM mode.

The CPU will perform skill moves, take bad touches, make bad passes and shoot poorly on goal. the CPU still never misses a tackle ... which until there is that kind of unpredictable element added to AI play, will kinda keep it stale for me.
I agree that is harder (against a high chemistry team - low chemistry teams are pretty easy still), but I am not convinced that it plays more "real life" in anyway.

They can press relentlessly for 90 minutes and their players have like half stamina left when all my players barely have any left (and I rotate squads so I always have 95+ stamina for each player before the game). Their endless stamina makes them win almost every 50/50 situation.

Granted most teams in FUT have extremely pacey players so the teams are going to have pace..

But they have unlimited stamina at the end of game after they have relentlessly harrassed you the entire game, it's simply not realistic at all.

I also don't really notice any tactical nuance from the AI either. I do notice them doing more skill moves and stuff like that, but they still pretty much just run down the wings looking for a cross or dribble by you for a cut back opportunity. I think part of it might be because it uses the custom tactics the user has set (which high pressure/aggression and ultra fast build up play)

Last edited by burth179; 11-07-2017 at 02:27 PM.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:42 PM   #27
Rookie

Have you thought about playing on full manual? I have entered full manual leagues which have 'slow' settings and the games feel a lot more like real football.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:33 AM   #28
Just started!

This is why I joined an online league that doesn't promote win at all costs. No custom tactics or formations. And I will never play against Randoms, just no point raising my blood pressure
Old 11-14-2017, 07:40 PM   #29
Rookie

KBscholar's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKeesy
Have you thought about playing on full manual? I have entered full manual leagues which have 'slow' settings and the games feel a lot more like real football.
Are the full manual leagues just FUT? I always play full manual, and would enjoy playing full manual, non FUT leagues.

Also, I am always up for full manual online friendlies.

XBOne username: KBscholar
Old 11-15-2017, 05:37 PM   #30
Pro

stevostl's Arena

Quote:
This is why I joined an online league that doesn't promote win at all costs. No custom tactics or formations. And I will never play against Randoms, just no point raising my blood pressure
you joined a fifa online league that doesn't allow custom tactics or formations?

i'm sorry but that doesn't sound like fun in my opinion..

every fifa league i Have done.... I always allow that for everyone to get to play their own style they choose. I think that is a big part of the fun seeing how people set up their formations and how to counter it and what works against what.

a full manual league would be great though. I never been in one of those yet but I would like it a lot i'm sure

Last edited by stevostl; 11-15-2017 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:06 AM   #31
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl
you joined a fifa online league that doesn't allow custom tactics or formations?

i'm sorry but that doesn't sound like fun in my opinion..

every fifa league i Have done.... I always allow that for everyone to get to play their own style they choose. I think that is a big part of the fun seeing how people set up their formations and how to counter it and what works against what.

a full man
All the Custom tactics/formations etc can be abused no doubt, with 70+ members it's easier to no allow it than try to sort out "he's playing 10 upfront" type ****
Personally, I'd rather be able to tweak things like that, but people will take liberties
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2017, 02:24 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie
I'm sorry but online gameplay of any sports is not the true representation of the sport. This statement holds true for footie, football/NFL, basketball/NBA and literally any other sport for which video game exists and there's an online mode.
You never played UFC Undisputed 3

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »