Home

FIFA online is NOT football

This is a discussion on FIFA online is NOT football within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2017, 02:03 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA online is NOT football

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
The reality is, you WANT to enjoy online h2h play but you don't. You want more players to play like you but they don't. And they aren't going to ever again.
Not quite. I am not under any illusinon that a gamer will not resort to ANY spam possible to win

However, especially in FIFA this ultra attacking/full aggression mass teammate contain spam button, just destroys any similarity to real football. It is not that it has happened online in this year's version, so it took the devs by surprise. It is happening every year

Is it rewarding? Yes, that's why everyone does it

What I am asking EA is to remove somethinng from the game that is purely undrealistic, and is now a LEGACY issue.

It is funny to advertise on how each team plays different in FIFA and how build-up is improved, when in reality, these features are completely irrelevan online (which is the biggest portion of the game anyway)

So I am trying to understand, why would they not remove the effectiveness of ping pong and ultra aggresive football. Would people complain? Probably yes. Would they stop playing the game? I would say no. Would others that have stopped playing the game, reconsider playing again? Maybe

I am just thinking out loud. It is a shame that I can not enjoy the game at all. I grew up with it
Old 10-23-2017, 03:32 PM   #10
Rookie

Istanbul's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie
It's not about game developers or producers... it's about human nature. Almost everyone who plays online mode wants to win at all costs and that's why people resort to finding short-cuts or bugs or glitches/flaws in the game. No matter how much effort game developers put in the game, millions of folks playing and trying to break the game will find a glitch and cheese online to win.

We see it all the time in Madden where people actually term trying to break the game to find money plays as "labbing". They want to find that nano-blitz or that uncoverable route/money play or a particular formation where a specific tweak/hot route makes it OP. I recall I played FIFA online a few years ago and came across an opponent who set up the match in a darkish stadium with a black or dark colored football. I could barely even see where the ball was but guess the bloke had practiced it and he only cared about the win.

TL;DR version: People will find a way to cheat and glitch to get that W online. No matter how good the game is, folks aiming for the online wins will find a glitch to cheese.
from this point of view, you are right too.

btw, i always think EA should release the game with two diffent mode/version.FUT 18 and FIFA 18 for example.People chose whatever they want to play.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:23 PM   #11
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Can't say I'm surprised to read this. I've been playing the "other" game and considering FIFA 18 when/if it goes on sale simply for the online. But it seems nothing has changed if games are still simply a race up field to get a shot on goal. (it's really no different in PES either).

I'm not surprised, because have either games ever really been anything else online? I've played both since the early 2000's and since online was introduced, it's always been get the fastest players and get to the 18 yard box asap. The idea that to go forward you must sometimes go backwards is lost upon online soccer. The only time someone passes backwards, is when they are protecting a lead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2017, 07:34 PM   #12
Pro

The solution is online friendlies with settings that allow for more realistic play, like 10 minute halves, slow speed (at least that's the pace that's come closest to realism over the years, dunno about this year.)

A simple thing they could do, if they wanted to affect some change in the direction of realism in seasons, would be to change the halves from 6 to 8 minutes.

Highly likely this would affect quite a significant change already,
cause how can any player be expected to build-up patiently with 6 minute halves? That's just undoable unless you manage to net a lead fairly early on.

If you wanna play online,
roam the top 100 (manual) leaderboards in seasons,
and send some invitations,
preferrably to manual players as this exclusive group holds quite a lot of players that are more oriented towards gameplay that's meant to (at least reasonably) resemble actual football.

This is how i've been playing the most realistic games ever over the last 2 years.

Sure, the element of competitiveness fades if you take this route,
but what you get in return can be so much more satisfactory.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:49 PM   #13
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Can't say I'm surprised to read this. I've been playing the "other" game and considering FIFA 18 when/if it goes on sale simply for the online. But it seems nothing has changed if games are still simply a race up field to get a shot on goal. (it's really no different in PES either).

I'm not surprised, because have either games ever really been anything else online? I've played both since the early 2000's and since online was introduced, it's always been get the fastest players and get to the 18 yard box asap. The idea that to go forward you must sometimes go backwards is lost upon online soccer. The only time someone passes backwards, is when they are protecting a lead.
PES online is a goal fest that far exceeds fifa online.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:50 PM   #14
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie
It's not about game developers or producers... it's about human nature. Almost everyone who plays online mode wants to win at all costs and that's why people resort to finding short-cuts or bugs or glitches/flaws in the game. No matter how much effort game developers put in the game, millions of folks playing and trying to break the game will find a glitch and cheese online to win.

We see it all the time in Madden where people actually term trying to break the game to find money plays as "labbing". They want to find that nano-blitz or that uncoverable route/money play or a particular formation where a specific tweak/hot route makes it OP. I recall I played FIFA online a few years ago and came across an opponent who set up the match in a darkish stadium with a black or dark colored football. I could barely even see where the ball was but guess the bloke had practiced it and he only cared about the win.

TL;DR version: People will find a way to cheat and glitch to get that W online. No matter how good the game is, folks aiming for the online wins will find a glitch to cheese.
This is pretty much correct.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:22 AM   #15
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

Online isn't perfect, but this year it's much improved.

There's build up play, lots of passing it around and backwards to break down the other team. the trend this year is towards park the bus and fast counters (similar to how leicester won the PL title).

offline - at least in the fifa - series had gotten stale for me. especially CM mode, where it's the exact same CM mode since Fifa 14. No money, time or energy has been put into CM, and maybe it never will be while FUT modes bring in so much mega profit to EA?

the robotic nature of the AI. they never miss a tackle, you can never sell them a shot fake, or do a skill move.

playing humans and the element of human error, still makes it a greater football sim (imo) than offline play.

The year playing squad battles is pretty good too. They collect all the team tactics and playing nuances from real life players and you can play their squads - even though you're playing the AI, it seems much improved over offline CM mode.

The CPU will perform skill moves, take bad touches, make bad passes and shoot poorly on goal. the CPU still never misses a tackle ... which until there is that kind of unpredictable element added to AI play, will kinda keep it stale for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2017, 10:44 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka
Online isn't perfect, but this year it's much improved.

There's build up play, lots of passing it around and backwards to break down the other team. the trend this year is towards park the bus and fast counters (similar to how leicester won the PL title).

offline - at least in the fifa - series had gotten stale for me. especially CM mode, where it's the exact same CM mode since Fifa 14. No money, time or energy has been put into CM, and maybe it never will be while FUT modes bring in so much mega profit to EA?

the robotic nature of the AI. they never miss a tackle, you can never sell them a shot fake, or do a skill move.

playing humans and the element of human error, still makes it a greater football sim (imo) than offline play.

The year playing squad battles is pretty good too. They collect all the team tactics and playing nuances from real life players and you can play their squads - even though you're playing the AI, it seems much improved over offline CM mode.

The CPU will perform skill moves, take bad touches, make bad passes and shoot poorly on goal. the CPU still never misses a tackle ... which until there is that kind of unpredictable element added to AI play, will kinda keep it stale for me.
Unfortunately that's how it's going to be. EA has made the call that offline CM/CFM is not worth their time and effort and FUT/MUT is the way to go. We have seen it with Madden and with FIFA and the same will happen with NBA Live. EA's focus is on team based sports titles where they can maximise revenue via MUT/FUT modes where people shell out money to buy virtual coins/cards. At the end of the day EA is a business and for them MUT/FUT players are the target audience as they bring in more avenue. Can't blame EA as I would do the exact same thing if I was running a company.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »