Home

FIFA online is NOT football

This is a discussion on FIFA online is NOT football within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2017, 10:23 AM   #33
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: FIFA online is NOT football

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl
in PES online you can easily beat someone who plays like this online.. this is the beauty of it. and probably my biggest reason on why i play it now

I could still counter these people in FIFA as I got to DIv 3 in fifa seasons but it's much harder and just frustrating even though I'm good at it. I feel like in FIFA online I get forced in to playing the run and gun style of play whereas in PES i can control the flow of the game how I want to and win using tactics that matter and easily holding possession with someone forcing 3 players at me all match long.

for me.. h2h in sports games is always the best way to play it. I like being competitive with friends..

playing ONLY against the computer AI for a year straight is mind blowing boring for myself. I don't see how those who do that can do that. for me it's too repetitive. but I respect those who do that. I'm in my 40's now and I still don't have the attention span to just play offline only. I chose to mainly play with my friends online in leagues and will even play online divisions in PES or seasons in FIFA as my preferred game modes.

but what the OP is talking about is one of the reasons I made the switch to PES this year after I played the pes Online beta i was amazed at how more realistic the online football was compared to fifa. I have't looked back since. I still probably will buy fifa soon enough like i usually do though. I suggest to the OP if you want a more realistic online gameplay experience buy PES as well. it still has it's problems as well just like fifa but in the end it's more a realistic footie experience online gameplay that is more enjoyable.. at least for me
The one thing about PES is that people online, people are more likely to tweak with tactics than they are in FIFA. I personally think FIFA has a more simplistic tactic system BUT PES' has more of an influence on how the match plays out.

I've mostly been playing PES Co-op online and enjoy it apart from the fact that Konami will let you start a match 1 vs 1.

To me, just like Madden & 2K, FIFA has enough of the market share to force users to play a more realistic game but they have shied away from angering their primary base. I can't blame them for that, I just wish that more gamers were like us and want a closer representation of what we watch on TV. I know quite a few people who love FIFA but don't really watch the sport unless it's the World Cup.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:41 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

When I watch players like SOETIE, who plays against the best in the world, his games look a lot different. When two superb player go head-to-head, it is enjoyable to watch. No cheese, no spamming one pass/shot because these guys defend well enough to stop it. If anyone (an amateur like me) tries arcade-ish play against them, they get smashed. I wish I played the game well enough to know how to play against those who want an arcade win.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:52 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

So I've been playing FIFA since game gear but put it away after 2016. I ended up picking it up again this year and after a few games I realized why I quit and it's because playing online feels like I'm playing Street Fighter and getting hit with fireballs non-stop and can't get up.

I think this is, in part, due to the shoulder feint R1(?) button and skill moves. You could watch every game of football in the world over a given weekend and not see a single roulette (not to mention ALL the other nonsense moves in FIFA) but in FIFA Eric Dier can just spin and feint his way up and down the pitch. Cavani? when he isn't teleporting past Wanyama or Dembele he is getting tackled and winning the ball somehow anyway. This has made me wish for an online mode where skill moves are removed or totally nerfed.

Ronaldo and Neymar can roulette or chop? Fine, that's ok but when anyone is out here flicking rainbows etc it just totally takes me out of the game.

#deathtoskillmoves

/rant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2017, 11:06 PM   #36
Just started!

If you are interested in playing online, I'm starting a World Cup tournament on Xbox One. Pool play will start on December 30th and the final will be in January. All international teams are eligible, even if they aren't competing in next year's event. Every player will be playing with one team throughout the tourney. The games will be played as online friendlies with 10-minute halves. Pool play will consist of each team playing the others once each. The top two teams will advance with a handful of the third best teams making it to the knockout round. The knockout rounds will all be two legs except the final which will be just one game. If you are playing a match in the tourney, you must stream it on either Twitch or Mixer. Once the tourney starts, I'll update this post with stream links so you can follow along with the matches. If you are interested, reply or message me with your gamertag and the team you want to use!
Old 12-28-2017, 10:55 AM   #37
Just started!

There is a free FIFA 18 Tournament for both Xbox One and PS4 that starts Friday 12/30 at 1 PM that is being hosted on Players' Lounge. 1st Place gets $40 dollars and 2nd Place gets $10. You got nothing to lose. Good Luck!!

If you want details, send me a private message.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »