Home

Therizings Community Day Impression (so far)

This is a discussion on Therizings Community Day Impression (so far) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #65
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Therizings Community Day Impression (so far)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hauler24
5-1 we did in real life what is so impossible.
Great stuff this thing is all over the net on forums for Fifa fans and I thank you for your efforts.
You had your best 11 out there and we had subs playing for the most part.
But we all live in denial
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 04:37 PM   #66
Rookie

Hauler24's Arena

OVR: 3

Will there be anymore info on this in the upcoming days of what other features there may be? Also can you tell us if they maybe added a little to MM?
Old 07-29-2008, 04:42 PM   #67
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hauler24

Will there be anymore info on this in the upcoming days of what other features there may be? Also can you tell us if they maybe added a little to MM?
The OS Community rep is putting in a full day today and I believe a half day tomorrow. So, yes, there should be more info/impressions on the way. However, from the sound of things thus far, manager mode has not received much attention...

PS - I don't think pictures/graphics are allowed in your signature. And no, I'm not just saying that because I'm a gooner...
Old 07-29-2008, 05:19 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoons21
Both would be great, but I'm with Bahnzo on this. I think it'll be like NHL 09's complete with promotion/relegation. OS SC anyone? (Yeah, S for soccer) We can finally show these euros we do know s-o-c-c-e-r.

Hope there's still more news to come and some answers for our MM ?'s.
I think that a promotion/relegation system would be expecting too much for the first year, if they do decide to setup a league similar to NHL's EASHL. But just a single league should suffice, for now. I think it would be great to build a player and join teams (just like in NHL). To me, that's the only logical online surprise that could happen (at least, that's all I could think of).
Old 07-29-2008, 10:01 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 5

Any impressions of long free kicks feeling more realistic?

In previous iterations free kicks where a shot on goal was not realistic felt pretty useless in that players did not come forward in numbers and line up to make runs for headers in the box.

Also will we see more media coming out on the internet after this community event?

Great info so far, thanks for reporting.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:18 PM   #70
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
have you played any weather games?
I actually didn't see any "weather" in the game. It is there but, you can't set it in the game settings menu. It's a random occurrence. Rain and snow are likely to appear in games that have the overcast option for the stadium.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:33 PM   #71
MVP

therizing02's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn
Any impressions of long free kicks feeling more realistic?

In previous iterations free kicks where a shot on goal was not realistic felt pretty useless in that players did not come forward in numbers and line up to make runs for headers in the box.

Also will we see more media coming out on the internet after this community event?

Great info so far, thanks for reporting.
The free kick system is similar to last year but, with the changes in ball physics there is a lot more spin on the kicks. It looks muuuuch better and definitely more realistic.

AT this point I'm not optimistic about some HUGE feature being announced in Leipzig later in August. I got the impression that the only thing that would come out of the conference would be the feature exclusive to the PS3 but, during my interview with Rutter he pretty much declined to answer anything about online mode. Tough to say what we should expect.

Look for more media to come out as we were told that they would supply us with new screen shots and videos. I WILL NOT give a time frame on when because they didn't give us one. So, stay tuned for that.

Expect to see a series videos called the "Making of FIFA 09". There will be a 10 minute preview and an extended 30 minute uncut version which will be part of a series of 8 or 9 videos. I was told to expect this "around release time".

Regarding the late release in the US, it is strictly a business decision to spread out the releases of NBA Live, FIFA, and I think TW. MAybe even NHL. It made sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 10:42 PM   #72
MVP

therizing02's Arena

List of NEW Controls:

-Call for a teammate on Corners

-Call for Layoff man

-Shoot with layoff man

-Pass with layoff man to third player

-Wall jump

-Bullet Man (player on the end of the wall will charge the shooter)

-Jockey Press
Hold LT/R2 and A/X to maintain a few yards distance from the dribbler and contain.
Release LT/R2 to go in for tackle at the right moment

-Running Jockey (A faster version of the Jockey Press) this helps eliminate the cut backs!!!

-Custom Team Tactics on the D Pad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »