Home

EA Fails again...

This is a discussion on EA Fails again... within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2008, 08:46 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: EA Fails again...

I'm not going to defend EA here but I remember people complaining that WE9 had too many fouls. It was less than real life but about 5-10 for a side a game. It all depended on your style of play.

Yet people complained.

I think you can draw them in.

I also think that at times you can't make the safe tackle, that sometimes you have to go to ground.

While it's not perfect, I think it's better than last year. And while free kicks are nominal, they do happen. You can create more chances for you, if you draw them in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2008, 09:18 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 14

I'm fine with fouls and cards in either mode (BAP or Team, but yes i've definitely seen ALOT more fouls and cards for both teams when in BAP mode than in Team mode) but in BAP Seasons mode, it seems every second game one or more of my team-mates get themselves sent off through second yellows...they just don't know when to stop sliding!

I've played 22 games in my current BAP mode now (well physically only played 18 as i was injured for 4 of them) and in 5 of those games, i've finished the game with 9 players!!! I remember one game, one of my subs got himself sent off within 10 in-game minutes via two yellows lol.

On the plus side, the more i play, the more often i get fouled in and around the box...lately i've averaged about 2 FK's in scoring position per game in BAP mode, and i've tucked away two PKs in my last four games too. Just gotta improve on the FKs

I also noticed in my Pro's stats page, i've committed 9 fouls all season long...and i've received 7 yellows and 1 red! And i'm pretty certain the red was via two yellows, so my foul-to-card ratio would be 1:1
Old 10-22-2008, 09:49 PM   #27
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

I really don't have a problem with the amount of fouls, it's just that they seem really arbitrary in what makes a foul and the small squads seem to be able to pretty much knock you flat on your back and nothing is called. And it's worse on the scrubs home pitch. I've always been able to get fouls by giving that little knockon and drawing a trip, but I've had Backs literally knock me down either straight on or from the side and nothing is called. But as I find myself becoming more used to the controls and being able to avoid contact it's not quite so bad. I can put the D in the postion where they can't get a straight shot and I'm drawing cards on a regular basis. I actually drew two reds in a match vs. West Ham. Of course I still couldn't score and drew. That really bummed me out....Still, I love the physicality of this years game, as opposed to the dribbling clininc that was 08. I feel like Christiano, praying that the ref will give me some love after I just got tripped in the box..

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 10-22-2008, 10:36 PM   #28
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I really don't have a problem with the amount of fouls, it's just that they seem really arbitrary in what makes a foul and the small squads seem to be able to pretty much knock you flat on your back and nothing is called. And it's worse on the scrubs home pitch. I've always been able to get fouls by giving that little knockon and drawing a trip, but I've had Backs literally knock me down either straight on or from the side and nothing is called. But as I find myself becoming more used to the controls and being able to avoid contact it's not quite so bad. I can put the D in the postion where they can't get a straight shot and I'm drawing cards on a regular basis. I actually drew two reds in a match vs. West Ham. Of course I still couldn't score and drew. That really bummed me out....Still, I love the physicality of this years game, as opposed to the dribbling clininc that was 08. I feel like Christiano, praying that the ref will give me some love after I just got tripped in the box..
Good points Brian. Hopefully some of these issues will be fine tuned in a patch, but I doubt that happens.

What I'm seeing against the teams that have a higher aggression setting are anywhere between 4-8 fouls per game on WC with 80-90% of them resulting in cards. The cards, while they are excessive, they are called correctly because 95% of the fouls are from bad slide tackles.

The problem is that there's a minimal amount of straight contact fouls. On WC I rarely get fouls called on me because in the rare instance that I do try a slide tackle the CPU pulls some dribble move and I completely miss. In my last game as USA against Mexico, they had 9 fouls (1 RED) and I had none. This is common in my WC games.

In games on the PRO level in my Portsmouth MM fouls are practically non existent. I'm seeing somewhere between 3-6 a game.

The foul situation is slightly improved at best with a lot more work that needs to be done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »