Home

FIFA 09 Ultimate Team Release Thread

This is a discussion on FIFA 09 Ultimate Team Release Thread within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #57
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: FIFA 09 Ultimate Team Release Thread

what is the main key to chemistry?? I have tried putting alot of players from same country at different levels, Had a Argentinian backfield, Italian midfield, and Spanish forward, but still cannot get chem above midway?? Tried putting all my best players on field, it went down, tried putting all the players i could from same country, helped a bit, had 7 out 11 from one country, still nothing above mid??? All my players now are gold pack players, think i might just stick with strongest I can get with best players, and hope I will do ok. suggestions?
Old 03-26-2009, 08:53 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
what is the main key to chemistry?? I have tried putting alot of players from same country at different levels, Had a Argentinian backfield, Italian midfield, and Spanish forward, but still cannot get chem above midway?? Tried putting all my best players on field, it went down, tried putting all the players i could from same country, helped a bit, had 7 out 11 from one country, still nothing above mid??? All my players now are gold pack players, think i might just stick with strongest I can get with best players, and hope I will do ok. suggestions?
Having players that prefer the same formation is the key. Everyone on my starting 11 prefers a 4-4-2 including the manager. My backs are all from England, and three of my midfielders are French. My team chemistry is 87 now. I just need to upgrade my silver players into gold ones. I think I have about 5 or 6 golds starting now.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 03-26-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:48 PM   #59
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

A question: since the games are all through the server, does that mean that ranked match settings are used? I like to play 10-minute halves on slow speed when playing offline; can I do this in UT mode?

I downloaded what I guess is the free trial, but haven't touched it yet. But everyone's impressions are starting to pique my interest, so I may have to give it a whirl tonight...
Old 03-27-2009, 05:01 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
A question: since the games are all through the server, does that mean that ranked match settings are used? I like to play 10-minute halves on slow speed when playing offline; can I do this in UT mode?
I’m nearly certain it uses your saved settings for user vs. CPU games.

Definitely a mode worth checking out.

Finally saved enough coins for my first silver pack last night and was completely underwhelmed. Only got two silver players…
Old 03-27-2009, 05:32 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yeah, I ignored buying bronze packs and had a ton of guys with one game left to just buy a silver pack... I got 2 players!!! Luckily I got 3 contracts but I was essentially in a form of salary cap hell last night and I had out my pen and paper organizing my team and decidind who to keep and all that junk. I played a game with 7 guys with expiring contracts because the 250+ coins I could get with them expiring was worth more than what I would get for sending them to the colletion.

Last night was the most fun though, I played for like 3 or 4 hours with no problems. I went ahead and jumped online with my team and drew 0-0 with a guy with a 2* team, then after that all I could get matched up with were 5* teams, that sucked.

I love the trade system, after a few games with my keeper giving up easy goals I went out and bought a silver player with my coins, I thought that was pretty sweet. What I don't like is how much team chemistry plays a part so early on... I can't help it if the random guys I get aren't from the saem country or prefer the same formation, however at the end when you're racking up coins I see how it should be important.

Now I just want to PLAY FREAKING ROAD GAMES!!!

Last edited by stagnant; 03-27-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 08:57 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagnant
Now I just want to PLAY FREAKING ROAD GAMES!!!
When you start a new match, at the controller select screen just move your controller to the right side (the visiting side).
Old 03-28-2009, 02:39 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn
When you start a new match, at the controller select screen just move your controller to the right side (the visiting side).
C'mon man, I've tried that! I tried to play Chelsea as the road team and it had the game at my place... and where you can change the venue in the pre-game options it was grayed out and I couldn't change it.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:33 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagnant
C'mon man, I've tried that! I tried to play Chelsea as the road team and it had the game at my place... and where you can change the venue in the pre-game options it was grayed out and I couldn't change it.
Sorry, works for me.

I’m still playing two star teams though, so maybe there’s some restriction on the venues you can play in…

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »