Home

Manager Mode early complaints

This is a discussion on Manager Mode early complaints within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2009, 01:11 AM   #17
Rookie

RamzaLugria's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Manager Mode early complaints

Still getting it when it hits the states in a few weeks. Maybe all this will be sorted out by then.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:29 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 15

I seem to remember reading somewhere in this forum that they already planned on either a patch or fixing some of these issues for US release.

Can't remember who it was that said it.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:01 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by supadupa
After playing 15 games into my first season in Manager mode. I think statistics is important to the manager mode, and this year it is even more broken than last year.
I have noticed some problems:
  1. The Assist game stat is broken. I have not got one assist on any of my players even though the assist stat is higlighted in the season statistics. Assist is a important feature in the stats category.
  2. The stats from cup games does not count in the season stats. I often use young players in the cup games and they only got 1 game, and no other statistic.
  3. After playing 15 games plus pre season games I have yet to see a injurie. No players is out with injuries.
  4. It is way to much transfers between CPU teams. I want to play the manager mode with real squads.
  5. The fatigue is broken. The players do not get tired. The energy bar is almost at max all the time.
Fatigue in last year's game was over done. Basically if you have 7 days between games everybody should be at full. Even that happens in Football Manager. If it's three days then that's something else. I'd be curious to see what people are finding when they have a game midweek.

In FIFA 09, most of the games were scheduled for every saturday. Unless you had cup games, there were few midweek games.

Fatigue should not be like WE either. They did it to rotate in players which works well for their ML.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:16 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
Fatigue in last year's game was over done. Basically if you have 7 days between games everybody should be at full. Even that happens in Football Manager. If it's three days then that's something else. I'd be curious to see what people are finding when they have a game midweek.

In FIFA 09, most of the games were scheduled for every saturday. Unless you had cup games, there were few midweek games.

Fatigue should not be like WE either. They did it to rotate in players which works well for their ML.

Yes I totally agree, but then they have to race the injurie rate. If you want to you could play with the same starting eleven all season long. The combination of no injuries and nothing or minor fatigue gives this game no challenge or fun in Manager mode.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:24 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 14

The scheduling in my current A-League MM is not realistic at all. In real life, there is one game per week and games are played on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Occasionally, they may have Thursday games or public holiday Monday matches (like this weekend). And this year, the season kicked off the second weekend of August (Thursday 6th to Sunday 9th were the first round of games) and the 27-round regular season finishes on Feb 14th, 2010.

In FIFA 10, my first league game is on Aug 27th and my last game is on Jan 24th! The league opens with 5 games in 2.5 weeks (i'm playing on Thursdays and Sundays only...), then there's a 3-week break before my 6th game on Thursday, Oct 1st In October, i'm playing 9 total matches (again 2 games a weeks on Thursdays and Saturdays only), followed by another random 3.5-week break in November...i don't play a single game between Oct 30th and Nov 21st Then there are more clusters of games in Dec and Jan. Only one of my 27 league games was not played on a Sunday or Thursday, that was on a Friday.

Compared to the MLS season setup in MM, where you play one game most weeks, with the occasional mid-week games - 25 of my 28 MLS games with Seattle are scheduled on Saturdays, the other 3 on Wednesdays (including the season opener) - it's ridiculous how wrong they've got it for the A-League It's not like there's any need to condense the schedule when the league is probably the shortest in the game, and it places an unnecessary hassle on my squad's fatigue especially when alot of A-League players would have lower stamina and recovery ratings than European players. I might just put all my money into increasing my Fitness Manager to Level 7 or 8 just to combat this.

I'd be interested to read how the scheduling for European leagues is in the game if anyone's doing one atm...might check it out myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2009, 09:06 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcutta
- still no proper league-wide Assists tracking (ie: no Top 20), but you can still view assist stats for your team.
I stand corrected...Assists are tracked in the league Top 20 section, on the same "Scorers List" page where Goals are tracked. This page tracks Goals, Assists and 'Points' (Goals + Assists, like the NHL and i believe the MLS does).

However, as supdupa pointed out:

Quote:
1. The Assist game stat is broken. I have not got one assist on any of my players even though the assist stat is higlighted in the season statistics. Assist is a important feature in the stats category.
I had 2 clear assists in my latest match, which would've been my first assists of the season, but neither player has been credited with an assist in the stats pages

This is known bug this year; a guy on another forum i visit claims his Goalkeeper is getting credited with all his team's assists. In my case it doesn't seem my GK has been credited with those two missing helpers though...he'd be equal top of the league in that category if he had been.

Quote:
5. The fatigue is broken. The players do not get tired. The energy bar is almost at max all the time.
As i mentioned in my previous post, because i'm already playing midweek games in my wacky A-League schedule, i have not experienced this. In fact for me it's the other extreme, where most of my starters (including my CBs) had their energy bar at about 50-60% after the 2nd match, then at 30-40% after the 3rd game three days later.

This was with my Fitness coach at 4/10, then at 5/10 for the next two games (not much of an improvement for those games though). Since there was a 3-week gap ahead of the next match, everyone is back at full energy.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:16 AM   #23
MVP

I've read of another major bug affecting leagues that have cups running alongside...if one of your players gets a red card during a CUP game, instead of him being suspended for the next CUP match, he becomes ineligible for all LEAGUE games leading up to that next CUP match.

So if your team lost that cup match where he got sent off and it was a knockout match, he won't come back to your league squad until the first game in the same cup next season

This won't be any issue for me fortunately since my A-League season doesn't have a cup competition...but that's quite a shocking issue if its true.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:24 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcutta
I've read of another major bug affecting leagues that have cups running alongside...if one of your players gets a red card during a CUP game, instead of him being suspended for the next CUP match, he becomes ineligible for all LEAGUE games leading up to that next CUP match.

So if your team lost that cup match where he got sent off and it was a knockout match, he won't come back to your league squad until the first game in the same cup next season

This won't be any issue for me fortunately since my A-League season doesn't have a cup competition...but that's quite a shocking issue if its true.
I really think they shipped it out early and didn't polish it off. With the announcement of the patch by Rutter, they knew this and it will probably be posted by MS on day 1 of the US release.

Sad but that's the nature of sports game these days...I guess it's better that we get a patch and not like years past where the patch the next year's release.

A-League: Man that seems they screwed that up. In last year's game even MLS was on a non-MLS schedule. Heck they had a table system with no playoffs, I believe. But it sounds like they have the entire league played in too short of a time. Funny EA would do that, when in years past they would have it as the same schedule as the other leagues and mostly a saturday league.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »