Home

Fired?!?!? But I finally beat Chelsea!!

This is a discussion on Fired?!?!? But I finally beat Chelsea!! within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2009, 10:40 AM   #25
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Fired?!?!? But I finally beat Chelsea!!

It seems like the board reacts harshly when you're behind your goals but you don't improve your standing when you win. I was in first for the first half of the season with Roma. When I bumped it up to World Class and fall to 6th (with a goal of qualifying for the Champion's league), I've taken a big hit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #26
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

This thread has me scared! I'm getting kind attached to my Tottenham MM, and I really don't want to be fired. I think I lost 2-0 to like Hull City or something like that in my first game, but have followed that up with solid wins against Everton and Liverpool. Just hoping the quality wins/upsets overshadow my occasional "poop the bed" game.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:03 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 9

It's still early but I might finally make it through a whole year. I switched to Lazio in Serie A, and I'm loving it.

I've started out with a W4-D6-L0, and beat Inter 2-1 on aggregate to advance to the 3rd round of the cup. For once the board's confidence is high! I think I just wasn't ready for the HUGE expectations of Man U.

#GoPackGo
Old 11-10-2009, 12:25 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Shoot, shoot shoot. Got fired midway through my 3rd year. Made the CL in my first, finished 10th in my second, but saved my job by completing the secondary goal of winning the FA cup, and in the 3rd I was in 12th in January, lost to Chelsea in the FA Cup, and the board had had enough. I have no issue with that, pretty realistic. But don't you think a guy who's reached the CL knockout stages and won a prestigious cup would get more offers than the Irish Premier League? At the least MLS would be offering I would think.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:57 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmjo
Shoot, shoot shoot. Got fired midway through my 3rd year. Made the CL in my first, finished 10th in my second, but saved my job by completing the secondary goal of winning the FA cup, and in the 3rd I was in 12th in January, lost to Chelsea in the FA Cup, and the board had had enough. I have no issue with that, pretty realistic. But don't you think a guy who's reached the CL knockout stages and won a prestigious cup would get more offers than the Irish Premier League? At the least MLS would be offering I would think.
yeah, that's what adds insult to injury. You have to go from Man U or some huge team, to freakin' Farmhands F.C.

#GoPackGo
Old 11-13-2009, 02:12 PM   #30
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

How far do you have to get into the first year before they even evaluate you? I'm probably 6 or 7 games into the season with Tottenham and I've had some bad losses (including like Hull City). But the really disasterous one was when I lost a Cup matchup to Chelsea. I draw Chelsea in the opening round of a Cup, lose 2-1 and my approval rating PLUMMETS, and is now something like 20-25% on that bar. I assume I'm basically toast now, even if I keep winning.

How low does that bar generally need to be for you to get fired? (Don't worry about being honest with me, I already assume I'm done).
Old 11-16-2009, 03:17 PM   #31
Rookie

Magno Gonzalez's Arena

OVR: 3

I think MM is great. Being the manager of a big club comes with lots of pressure. It would not be realistic if you could be in front of a rich, successful team like Man U and not being fired after not reaching the boards expectations for more than 10 weeks. That said, i agree they should at least take your last game in consideration... no matter how bad your rep is, you should never be fired after a win.

If you are in trouble to win because you lack skills its no problem dude, you will get skilled enough with time, in the meanwhile try to adjust the formations and tactics to something that you feel more comfortable... be more defensive if needed, try to play safe.

One important thing.. use some of the money you have and spend it on fitness department of your club... this may help alot... having fit players that will recover faster and better week after week... being able to play with a full team or being matched against teams with tired players can make alot of difference... so spend some money on that.

Than in the first transfer window sell some players that are expensive and old, specially if their contracts are about to end and do a detailed search for players from age 16-19 and sort by money... you will be able to get quality players that will improve greatly season after season with very small weekly salaries and not expensive at all... you will profit alot doing that...i hope this helps.

Last edited by Magno Gonzalez; 11-16-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2009, 01:18 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 0

I don't have a problem with the board. I simply have the Croatian mafia make them an offer they can't refuse and I'm fine.

Hey, it works in Germany.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »