Home

MLS Formations and Tactics in FIFA 10

This is a discussion on MLS Formations and Tactics in FIFA 10 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2009, 05:16 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MLS Formations and Tactics in FIFA 10

Well I've downloaded the latest patch and I see zero difference in the gameplay. I still can't score and dominate on semi-pro but can't win on professional.

Whatever it fixed it didn't help me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2009, 06:24 PM   #66
Pro

rody2k6's Arena

OVR: 5

You see, I have downloaded the new update for the squads.

I went back and fixed the stadium names and such, but one thing that doesn't seem right is the Custom Tactics, example: in the Sounders tactics, it says DEFAULT but when I go check the Sounders Default in game, there are differences in the tactics

nevertheless, I still tried a game using the tactics posted here.

It was Fire vs Sounders.

Result was 1-0 to the sounders, both teams played smart football, lots of passing, attacking chances here and there, and good goalkeeping.

There were 2 runs from the Sounders, both off Fire mistakes in the midfield, the second run equalued in a Monteron chipped goal over Busch.

Last edited by rody2k6; 11-23-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:04 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rody2k6
You see, I have downloaded the new update for the squads.

I went back and fixed the stadium names and such, but one thing that doesn't seem right is the Custom Tactics, example: in the Sounders tactics, it says DEFAULT but when I go check the Sounders Default in game, there are differences in the tactics

nevertheless, I still tried a game using the tactics posted here.

It was Fire vs Sounders.

Result was 1-0 to the sounders, both teams played smart football, lots of passing, attacking chances here and there, and good goalkeeping.

There were 2 runs from the Sounders, both off Fire mistakes in the midfield, the second run equalued in a Monteron chipped goal over Busch.

The tactics posted are pre-squad update. My PS3 is in Texas being repaired, so once I get it back, I will download the squad update and change the tactics here.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:25 AM   #68
Pro

rody2k6's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAL925
The tactics posted are pre-squad update. My PS3 is in Texas being repaired, so once I get it back, I will download the squad update and change the tactics here.
I will use those Custom Tactics from the site every body has been using, but I have 2 question

1) Which MLS team plays close to each style

2) Can I create the custom tactics in FIFA 10, and name them the way I want them, without having to go to TEAM MANAGEMENT and then creating the custom tactic(because in team managem the tactic name would be CUSTOM *TEAM NAME* ie: Sounders Custom"
Old 11-24-2009, 11:38 AM   #69
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl
Well I've downloaded the latest patch and I see zero difference in the gameplay. I still can't score and dominate on semi-pro but can't win on professional.

Whatever it fixed it didn't help me.

This latest download is not a patch, rather a squad update. Tactics are part of squads so it was not suppose to alter the core gameplay mechanics in any way.

Do you play on manual or assisted?
Old 11-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rody2k6
I will use those Custom Tactics from the site every body has been using, but I have 2 question

1) Which MLS team plays close to each style

2) Can I create the custom tactics in FIFA 10, and name them the way I want them, without having to go to TEAM MANAGEMENT and then creating the custom tactic(because in team managem the tactic name would be CUSTOM *TEAM NAME* ie: Sounders Custom"

I can't answer Q1. Someone had said that the MLS tactics pre-squad update were pretty close, but with the new squad update, I couldn't say.

Q2 - No, they are automatically named 'Custom Team Name #'
Old 11-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #71
Rookie

Added a Philadelphia Union page to this thread. It lists only the roster, since they won't be playing for a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2009, 09:23 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAL925
Added a Philadelphia Union page to this thread. It lists only the roster, since they won't be playing for a while.
I heard Miami was going to have a MLS team soon.. is this true??

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »