Home

Weigh In: Semi vs. Manual

This is a discussion on Weigh In: Semi vs. Manual within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2009, 09:22 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Weigh In: Semi vs. Manual

I finally got used to ALL MANUAL on FIFA09 ... and I think it is great!

Even through 5 seasons of MM ... I still have the most trouble with the manual shooting ... it is very sad when a series of very nice build-up is finished with a Grade-A shank ... but I deal with it.

Any assists now seem super cheesy.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:20 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
I finally got used to ALL MANUAL on FIFA09 ... and I think it is great!

Even through 5 seasons of MM ... I still have the most trouble with the manual shooting ... it is very sad when a series of very nice build-up is finished with a Grade-A shank ... but I deal with it.

Any assists now seem super cheesy.
All manual on FIFA 10 is much better b/c of the 360 degree movement. I could never really use all manual on 09 or before b/c you were limited to 8 basic directions of movement which turned it into a game of angles and cut down on the fluidity.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:25 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Manual except semi-assisted for shooting and passing. Manaul shooting is just not competitive options online.

Here's the thing about passing: I kicked the ball around for a while in practice mode and, for the life of me, I cannot find any difference between the weight/power/distance of manual passes and manual through passes. So I allow myself the option, somewhat like the PES right analog stick to aim a pass vs. the button to use an assisted pass, to choose the organic open space option of manual passing orthe ping ponging ease of semi assisted passing.

I would love to here if anyone disagrees with my opinion of the 'sameness' of manual passing and through passing.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:50 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebby
360 - looks like you're on PS3. I've found at least one person to play all manual with and it was a good game. Just wish I could find more.
Add me GT- Ant0nTheGreat. We need a manual league though.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well... I've sort of stopped using semi passing completely and my play has significantly improved both aesthetically and (sometimes) results wise. Once you get the hang of it, there is no real option to choose between. Maybe semi for shooting only; but everything else go manual or go home.

It's like a different game once you switch to manual: you guide your players with your passing instead of the passes being guided by the current location of your player- it's a complete paradigm shift and once mastered, you will be surprised with how much the field opens up.

Oh and there is a slight difference between thru balls and regular balls- thru balls seem to be hit with less pace than regular passes, and a bit lighter. not a huge difference but once you go all manual a noticeable one nonetheless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2010, 09:41 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

i can play with manual some what i really gotta be focused into it. usually one game manual and im done with it.

i never used it online i don't feel like getting murdered. i could search for other manuals. i may try this.

but for the most part i play assisted everything playing manual really helped me learn how to control the assisted stuff as best as you can

i play alot be a pro online i can afford to have ******** passing.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:44 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

fireside807...
i agree with what you said.
you should definitely use manual shooting!
it's more frustrating than passing... but once you get the hang of it... you'll have so many more options in the final third.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 9

Hey guys I'm starting to play all manual, too. It's both incredibly hard and in a strange manner fun and realistic.

I will be happy if you add me my PSN is Virtinsanity.

Is there any tip you can offer me in termsof passing and shooting thnks in advance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »